Football pet hates

Guest JonnyRogers

When the camera zoom in on the bench/manager/crowd for what seems like forever during an active period in the game then it goes back to the match and there is a corner or goal kick or something and you think "wtf happened!". Same with needless/endless replays!

Europe away games seem to be the worst with the dodgy broadcasters.

Guest smoggeordie

When the camera zoom in on the bench/manager/crowd for what seems like forever during an active period in the game then it goes back to the match and there is a corner or goal kick or something and you think "wtf happened!". Same with needless/endless replays!

Europe away games seem to be the worst with the dodgy broadcasters.

Just shitty European games full stop ie Tallinn, Ventspills, Breda, Bnei Shaknin etc....

Dancing goal celebrations: see Lita's for the England U21s tonight.

Thierry Henry's dancing celebration!

Yes, perhaps it's just about acceptable from young players... but a grown man...

Also thought of team kits that all have the same style by the same make and mark lawrenson's commentating

ANDY f****** GRAY!

best pundit/analyst there is tbh.

i cannot stand him, i used to think he was ok but i get the impression he just thinks hes the absolute man now. He talks a lot of sense when he's not commentating on games but fucks me off royally when hes commentating.

Also thought of team kits that all have the same style by the same make and mark lawrenson's commentating

ANDY f****** GRAY!

best pundit/analyst there is tbh.

i cannot stand him, i used to think he was ok but i get the impression he just thinks hes the absolute man now. He talks a lot of sense when he's not commentating on games but fucks me off royally when hes commentating.

yeah.. he gets carried away a lot.. still rather entertaining

Pompy tosser with the bell.

White Hart Lane having support beams right in front of the TV cameras.

Manu arse kissing.

Liverpool singing won it 5 times

John Motson

Lawro

Stephen Carr

Celery Babayaro

The screaming bitch at Highbury whenever the oppo went near the Arsenal goal. thank fuk for the stadium move.

4-5-1 defensive at home. (Bolton, Everton, other teams and managers with lack of talent and imagination)

Celtic, Rangers & the whole religion thing, gay tbh.

Matt Le Tissier doing our matches on Gillette soccer Saturday when he clearly loves to see us beat and almost cries when we score. Cunt.

The screaming bitch at Highbury whenever the oppo went near the Arsenal goal. thank fuk for the stadium move.

:lol:

I thought that was only in David Seaman's days..

Hated that,was hoping other teams score just so she can shut the f*** up

Speaking of Arsenal,I also hate how Wenger pretends that they are a "fair play team" when the fact is they are one of the dirtiest teams in the EPL

The media jizz-fest over 'Big' Sam (wonderful job, great bloke, salt of the earth yada yada blurgh) and Del Boy Redknapp makes my skin crawl.

:lol:

I thought that was only in David Seaman's days..

Hated that,was hoping other teams score just so she can shut the f*** up

Speaking of Arsenal,I also hate how Wenger pretends that they are a "fair play team" when the fact is they are one of the dirtiest teams in the EPL

Aye, while were on Arsenal:

Toure takes out the attacker with a challenge straight from prison while Lehmann stomps in and fly kicks the poor attacker in the head causing a fatality, wenger on the situation.

"I deed not see that inceedent, i will have to check ze reeplays"

Fuk off  :lol:

But when Van Persie dives in the box at the other end, with 6 bodies in the way and no opposing player within two miles as whole thing being over in split second the fuking cunt can see then cant he.  :rolleyes:

"Yes, eet waas a penalty"

Double fuk off  >:D

Also older fans who think their opinion is right as they have been around longer, never giving change a chance and hate it when new faces go to the match.

Utter horrible cunts, hope the new generation of football fan do not turn out bitter and twisted like them.

Something i forgot to add

Fake fans/Glory hunters

I mean here in the arab world,Tottenham (FFS!!) are one of the most supported clubs,Because they have both Mido and Ghaly (one of the main reasons i really don't want any egyptian player to move to NUFC)

Also,Glory Hunters (Mainly Chelsea,Barca fans),who used to be Manchester,Madrid fans like 5 years ago..

- Players wearing gloves. For feck's sake, haven't they noticed global warming has given us warm winters? 11 degrees and they're wearing gloves. Pathetic.

- Glory hunters. If you're from round my way and I see you or your kids wearing Man United, Chelsea, Liverpool or Arsenal shirts, then your opinion on football is worthless. In fact, you're dead to me.

- Ridiculous 'we're a bigger club than you' arguments, usually promoted on TalkSport to encourage retards to call in. Nowt more snoozemaking.

- G14 - fuck off and form your own league then, maybe domestic football might then cease to be 90 percent meaningless.

- Ridiculous goal celebrations. All that choreographed dancing. Get a grip. Marco Tardelli, Ronnie Radford (sorry, but you know what I mean), that's how to celebrate a goal. Not some ludicrous bogling by the corner flag.

- People who think Sky invented football in 1992 (including Sky themselves). Football has become richer since then, the television coverage is miles better, but the game is incredibly predictable and worse off in many ways.

- Oh, that reminds me. Pissing about with KO times. 5.15 on a Saturday? Fuck off.

- Chris Kamara - his stupid thick fat face, air of self importance and delusions of adequacy. Moron.

- Birmingham City FC. Squalid, vile, embarassment to the city of Birmingham, a truly horrible club stuck in the 1980s.

I could go on all night.

The media jizz-fest over 'Big' Sam (wonderful job, great bloke, salt of the earth yada yada blurgh) and Del Boy Redknapp makes my skin crawl.

The media jizzfest over Thierry Henry and Wayne Rooney.

Commentators/pundits cream themselves if either player scores a simple tap in and cry out for it to be goal of the month or season just because it's them

The media jizzfest over Thierry Henry and Wayne Rooney.

Commentators/pundits cream themselves if either player scores a simple tap in and cry out for it to be goal of the month or season just because it's them

Nicked my line. Although i was going to label it Jon Motson, not 'the media'. It's always those two with Motson.

- Players wearing gloves. For feck's sake, haven't they noticed global warming has given us warm winters? 11 degrees and they're wearing gloves. Pathetic.

- Glory hunters. If you're from round my way and I see you or your kids wearing Man United, Chelsea, Liverpool or Arsenal shirts, then your opinion on football is worthless. In fact, you're dead to me.

- Ridiculous 'we're a bigger club than you' arguments, usually promoted on TalkSport to encourage retards to call in. Nowt more snoozemaking.

- G14 - fuck off and form your own league then, maybe domestic football might then cease to be 90 percent meaningless.

- Ridiculous goal celebrations. All that choreographed dancing. Get a grip. Marco Tardelli, Ronnie Radford (sorry, but you know what I mean), that's how to celebrate a goal. Not some ludicrous bogling by the corner flag.

- People who think Sky invented football in 1992 (including Sky themselves). Football has become richer since then, the television coverage is miles better, but the game is incredibly predictable and worse off in many ways.

- Oh, that reminds me. Pissing about with KO times. 5.15 on a Saturday? Fuck off.

- Chris Kamara - his stupid thick fat face, air of self importance and delusions of adequacy. Moron.

- Birmingham City FC. Squalid, vile, embarassment to the city of Birmingham, a truly horrible club stuck in the 1980s.

I could go on all night.

Good post, especially points two and three, I do like Kamara though.

My biggest hate is anything that Bolton do, basically. Music after goals, cheerleaders, foam hands, big flag man, any of that shite and you should be relegated. The Premiership should be made up of real football clubs, not a fucking circus that happens to feature a football match.

My pet hate is the footballing anecdotes that become part of popular mythology and widely accepted despite having little to no basis in reality... For instance "Alan Shearer didn't make it at NUFC as a youngster because he was in goals for the trials" etc

A toss up between:

1) Peter Beagrie's voice

and

2) keepers grabbing the ball for a few seconds after they've just conceded a penalty - thus preventing the scoring team from restarting the game. (This shouldn't piss me off when I think about it rationally - but it fucking well does) :knuppel2: