Pick THE player

Taylor Swift
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tough choice between Fabregas and Gerrard. But I picked Gerrard as the expectation might be a bit much on the young Fabregas.

Whilst there is no doubting Henry and Rooney would be pivitol players Strikers are always confidence players I wouldnt want to build my side around people that might blow hot and cold.

Cannavaro is too old, Messi too young, Im happy with Given and Harper I dont think Buffon would give us anything much more. Then Ronaldinho isnt really the leader of men or someone I would rely on all the time.

If there is one player that will consistently be there when you need him, its Gerrard. He is an organiser, leader and all round a fantastic player..the ideal basis for any team for me.

Fabregas would come a close second though.

Guest alijmitchell

Ronaldinho for me, although he is helped by having good players on a similar wavlength to him. He can change a game in a second, and do anything with the ball and is consitent with it too.

Must be one of the few who thinks Fabregas is overated, his all action approach tends to hide some of the technical weaknesses in his game. He sees a lot of the ball in the game but he also gives the ball away a lot, his shooting is poor as reflected by his goalscoring record and as some have noted he hasn't exactly perfected his tackling skills yet. He is young so these can improve significantly, but I just think some are getting carried away with all the media hype once again.

Fabregas can already do it all and is only 18 still. His potential is mind-boggling IMO.

Agreed, Fabregas for me, he can be a cocky little fucker, but he's so talented.

If I was to choose other, It would be David Villa, would score goals wherever he played. (and he's one of my favourite players!)

Fabregas' introduction into the arsenal team coincided with Arsenal's relative domestic slump, though their european performances have improved since he's been in the team. I think Fabregas is not ideally suited to english football, at least not in a 4-4-2 where he has to battle with more physical players and has defensive responsibilities. Saying that he is steadily improving this aspect of his play and most youngsters struggle to get to grips with the pace and physicality of the game at first.

Guest kleinhero

I think u just can build a team around a center mid because he is forced to help the defence as well as he should start every attack. And there are not hat much world class players in this position.

Gerrard, Lampard, Cesc, Xavi, Iniesta, Kaka and maybe Riquelme (when he is in form)

Xavi ,Iniesta and Riquelme are a littlebit to inconsistent for me.

Lampard is also not that type of player I would like to build my team around.

Kaka and Cesc are both very young but they are already experienced enough to lead a team. But in their teams they are not leaders. Gerrard is already one.

but I would pick Cesc because he is very young and he is just an amazing player.

I chose Rooney, because I think a player who can be effective in that free role between the advanced striker and the midfield can make a huge difference. And I don't think there's anyone better than Rooney in the role.

I cite in evidence how reliant we were on Beardsley and Bellamy. Also the boost that Dyer's return gave to us.

ibrahimovic has to be the most frustrating player i've ever watched.  I saw a Serie A game this season, maybe against Lazio.  He was caught off sides 3 or 4 times,mostly becuase he was too lazy to get back on. booked for one stupid tackle, and then booked for dissent after another lazy offside instance, and was sent off. all within the first half.

Although i doubt many will agree, surely Cristiano Ronaldo has to be on, imo atm he's the best player in the world, his performances are so consistent and if you look at the lads stamina and commitment during each game it's quite amazing not forgetting the amazing skill and goals he contributes week after week.