A few questions from Redandwhitekop forum for Newcastle fans

Guest Rafa

Here we go, another of these questionaire larks  ;)

If you can take the time, it'd be most appreciated!

This is for Redandwhitekop.com who do a Spyin' Kop feature for every game.

I'll link back to this site in the completed article.

Cheers  O0

The questions:

1. At the start of the season what where your expectations, and are things going as you expected?

2. Who's been your best performer this season?

3. And your worst/most disappointing?

4. You had a quiet January transfer window, if you where the manager, who would you have tried to sign? 

5. What are your best and worst memories of our previous meetings?

6. Do you have any favourite/best chants (and perhaps any that require an explanation)?

7. What’s the banter like between Newcastle and Liverpool fans at St James, would you say that the 2 sets of fans get on?

8. In the summer, Liverpool and Newcastle are told to swap 3 first team regulars, who would you send to Liverpool, and who would you like from us?

9. Liverpool have become the lastest club to gain new owners, Newcastle have been mentioned as well as a likely candiate for a takeover. How do you feel about these take-overs by foreign owners, and would you like to see it happen at Newcastle?

10. Care to predict Mr Roeder’s starting line up for the game?

11. And finally, let’s have your score predictions for the game:

Guest DazzaNufc1892

Here we go, another of these questionaire larks 

Cheers 

The questions:

1. At the start of the season what where your expectations, and are things going as you expecte

Personally i tought a top 10 finish would be a good season, especially as we failed to improve our defence and only had shola to start the season with

recently milner, works hard, always looks busy, tidy player. cant ever really look past given though

worst, where to start really, carr (for what hes played), babayaro, shola, most disappointed is definitely duff

4. You had a quiet January transfer window, if you where the manager, who would you have tried to sign? 

daniel van buyten to sure up the defence, somebody in the mould of liam rosenior and possibly paul konchesky for cover at left back, wouldnt also have minded a cheeky loan bid for mido to see us though until the end of the year

4-3, both times must be the worst, especially the first 1. best moment must be at anfield when we came back to 2-2 after not even being in the game

6. Do you have any favourite/best chants (and perhaps any that require an explanation)?

from liverpool cant beat your anthem, gives goosebumps to any football fan. for us, i love shoes off for the toon, but that can be a little unpopular

7. What’s the banter like between Newcastle and Liverpool fans at St James, would you say that the 2 sets of fans get on?

dislike each other, but surprisingly get on

8. In the summer, Liverpool and Newcastle are told to swap 3 first team regulars, who would you send to Liverpool, and who would you like from us?

shola, carr, babayaro

BELLAMY, carragher, agger

9. Liverpool have become the lastest club to gain new owners, Newcastle have been mentioned as well as a likely candiate for a takeover. How do you feel about these take-overs by foreign owners, and would you like to see it happen at Newcastle?

would love it, its about time the fat c*** that owns us left and gave us all a reason to have a party

harper huntington taylor bramble gooch dyer milner parker emre duff martins

2-0 liverpool

1. At the start of the season what where your expectations, and are things going as you expected?

I expected us to challenge for 5th place. 7th last year after a terrible start to the season and a good ending. Can't see why anyone outside the top 4 should be finishing above us.

Given again. For an outside player it would have to be Milner or Martins.

Titus Bramble is a joke. But he doesnt disappoint me as I know he is shit and expect him to be. He continues to be a laughing stock of the Premiership, but unfortunatly, we arent laughing. Other than that Stephen Carr.

Matty Upson, David Nugent 

Worst, the 4-1 home defeat when Owen scored 3. Best, proberbly the Shearer equaliser when we drew at Anfield. Roberts winners were special but Liverpool were pretty crap at the times we played you. Bartons equaliser at Anfield was great, but the joy didnt last. ha

Not really.

7. Whats the banter like between Newcastle and Liverpool fans at St James, would you say that the 2 sets of fans get on?

Never been close enough to the away end to notice it much. Always seems good natured though.

Bramble, Carr, Babayaro for Gerrard, Agger and Carragher

Yes, because Freddie is only taking us backwards. They would have to have the best interests for the club at heart, but I wouldnt have a problem with it.

10. Care to predict Mr Roeders starting line up for the game?

No. But at least Carr is out.

11. And finally, lets have your score predictions for the game:

1-1

I think my prediction was 6th, if we kept Shola fit. Given that the injury situation has been absolutely dire, things have gone a bit better than I would have expected.

Dyer. He's a completely different player since his injury crisis, as you'd have seen by a much more mature display in an England shirt.

N'Zogbia (now injured) has been very disappointing. Duff hasn't settled yet. As for worst, we've had to pitch in a lot of youngsters, and Pattison has floundered the most.

There wasn't any money, so the question's a bit academic. A dominating centre back and a left back are the priorities but who was available?

Worst - 1-4 in Gullit's first match in charge. I've never quite forgiven Owen for rubbing his hands in that smug way after he scored.

Best - 3-0 in the Keegan era. That signalled we'd arrived.

Pass.

Pass. I don't get to home games.

Babayaro, Carr, Ramage to you. Gerrard, Bellamy and Carragher from you.

Yes. Shepherd is a poor Chairman, meddling and out of his depth. I don't care where any new owners come from.

Harper - Solano, Onyewu, Bramble, Taylor - Milner, Butt, Parker, Duff - Dyer, Martins.

Ummmm.... you're on good form, but we'll be up for this. A draw.

Interesting questions, thanks.

Guest 3-1 NYD

Mid-table mediocrity  and things are going as expected

Given as usual

Duff's had one decent game when he played left back, he's been pony.

Nugent for me too

Best, winning 2-1 @ Anfield with a MIRANDINHA penalty in front of the Kop(still got relegated like!). The worst losing the first 4-3 @ Anfield when Colloymore got the winner.

They all refer to Sunderland.

Normally no grief between us unlike your Blue counterparts. 2 sets of (mainly) working class supporters.

Bramble,Duff,Carr - Bellamy,Gerrard & Bellamy

Its the final nail in the coffin of football as we used to know it.

Good luck to you and all that, personally I'm against it but if you had the gluttonous Shepherd as your chief you would want shot of him too! Sign of the times I'm afraid, however I get the feeling that no-one wants to touch us with a barge pole.

Haven't a scooby what Mr Lost-the-Plot is going to do but it will involve Stevie Taylor playing out of position (again).

2-2

Guest optimistic nit

. At the start of the season what where your expectations, and are things going as you expected?

- Inexperianced manager with a proven relegation record brings no defenders in, were no better off in attack (duff and oba coming in balanced by losing a certain mickey owen for the whole fookin season) with the prospect of playing another season with carr and baba as our full backs, so i thought it would be a dissapointing 3rd place this season.

-Nobby and Oba for me. Oba's had a promcing start and could be a decent striker in this league if he continues, and could well pass the 20 goals mark in a few seasons. Nobby on the other hand has been outstanding as a right back, although i'm not sure if thats just because of who he replaced. Brilliant footballing brain has wor Nobby, and a great technitian(sp). dyer as well deserves a mention. I was one of his biggest critics but he's shown some sublime football this season. Milner has shone as well, as has Given (but thats to be expected of course). Oh and i forgot Nicky Butt, whose been 10000000000 times better than he was when we bought him

I would say carr but i knew he was going to be s**** so he's not really dissapointed me too much. Duff has been patchy, Owen has been quite quiet as well so far.

- A left back, maybe bale, we need one. We could do with someone to partner taylor at the back as well. And someone to replace taylor at the back. We need one more goalscorer as well. I'd have liked andy cole.

-the 4-3's we had a while back when we were more than just a mockery. Great games, both of them and in my first seasons supporting the club. i remember pacing around me mothers bedroom listening to barton, asprilla and one other who i can't remember pull it back to 3-3 only for that bastid fowler to nick it at the last. Worst memory has to be every single game you've played vs us with owen in the side. We only bought him so he wouldn't get the annual hattrick at SJP.

I'm a southern poof who doesn't go to games (many).

(see answer 6). I would say we both dislike the evertonians a fair amount, so we are united in that respect. I reckon you get on our nerves quite a bit, mainly because it wasn't so long ago that we were similar in stature.

you can have carr (great right back, if you like players standing around with their hands on their hips then he's your man), baba (great left back, often on his backside) and shola (may need a new hip). I'll have Bellamy, Riise and Carrager if you don't mind.

-please get the latest mockery out of sjp, PLEASE!!! other supporters often point to the money the've thrown at the club, well if you can spend that much money and fall from champions league to mid table mediocraty then you can't hack it.

Given- no sorry he's injured, it'll be harper, remember him. he's not bad mind, he just either doesn't care anymore or has played so little in 10 years he's really jittery.

huntington-taylor-gooch-bramble (how they'll line up i'm not sure mind. huntington at left back and taylor at right back i presume (although he won't be there for long, he'll get himself sent off)

Milner on the right, duff on the left, parker and emre in the middle

Dyer and Oba up front.

i've actually just copied what poster number one has said, because players get injured so quickly around here i struggle to keep up

5-5

seriously. You'll murder our full backs, with your excelent wingers, and our centre backs come to that, but theres nee team out there that can stand Oba, Dyer, Duff and Milner.

Alright i'm bored, might aswell do this:

At the end of last season I expected us to build on the good finish to the campaign and get back in the top six. A shambolic summer transfer window saw my expectations change completely by September. Martins is looking an excellent signing, but it was blindingly obvious that we needed defenders, and the injury problems that we've had this season would have been cushioned if we'd actually bothered to sign anyone. By the start of the season a top half finish was my realistic target.

Given as usual has been excellent, but has missed quite a lot of games through injury which is very unlike him. Solano has been a revelation at right back, Nicky Butt has been surprisingly good in midfield, as has James Milner. After a slow start, Martins has been on fire recently and has scored some quality goals. Hard to pick one from those, if I had to it would probably be Milner.

Damien Duff. Was a quite unnecessary signing when other priorities were clear, but most fans seemed to think it was a good bargain and he'd do really well. He's been injured a lot, but when he's played he's either looked dis-interested, or has just run straight into the right back. I've not written him off, but he has to seriously improve.

Off the top of my head I can't think of many names, and it is clear we had an empty pot, but a left back would have been an absolute priority. Babayaro is dreadful and we've got no cover other than 18 year old, right footed centre halves. A central defender was also needed, hopefully Onyewu will fill the void here. I'd have liked to see a striker too, if Martins gets injured then we're absolutely screwed. All in all another shoddy transfer window!

Worst memory - the 4-3 in 1996, absolutely sick to death of seeing that image of Keegan after the Collymore goal.

Best memory - Andy Cole's hat-trick in 1993.

Any of my favourite chants wouldn't be heard at a home game.

I'm extremely bored of the 'feed the scousers' and 'sign on' songs that will inevitably be sung for 90 minutes, its cringeworthy.

I'd give you Bramble, Carr and Babayaro (you offered!), in a swap with Finnan, Carragher and Agger.

Its a case of better the devil you know as far as i'm concerned. A lot of people can't stand Freddy Shepherd, and i'm no big fan of the bloke, but he can never be accused of not backing his managers. How do we know that a new board will back the managers to the same extent? People say that at least a new board will appoint top-class managers, but how is that guaranteed? I'm glad the mysterious Belgravia and Polygon takeovers fell through. If we were to be taken over, i'd like it to be in the way Liverpool have where there are clear figures you can assess and see if they are right for the club. Not a random hedge fund out to make a quick return.

Harper, Solano, Onyewu, Bramble, Taylor, Duff, Parker, Butt, Milner, Dyer, Martins.

I'd be delighted with a draw, but can see a 2-0 defeat.

Yeah - pretty much for me, though perhaps we have exceeded expcectations a little given the injury crisis we've endured for most of the season.

James Milner - has come in from the cold (nearly being sold to Villa) - to make the right wing spot his own.

Carr and Babayaro

Upson, Warnock and also had a go for Dave Nugent

Best - the 3-0 (Andy Cole hattrick in 93/94) - worst - the first 4-3

Blaydon Races

Sit next to the away fans in Leazes Level 7. There does seem to be a respect for each other, and that's good enough for me. Looking forward to some good craic on Saturday !

Would like - Gerrard, Kuyt Carragher

Send - Carr, Babayaro and Bramble. ;-)

I'm wary of the motives of foreign investors, but then again - our chairman has held back the potential of this club for too long. The club will never move forward whilst he and the Hall's have influence.

Harper, Solano, Gooch, Taylor, Huntingdon, Butt, Parker/Emre, Duff, Milner. Dyer and Martins

Head says a Liverpool win - heart says Newcastle to pinch it 2-1.

1. At the start of the season what were your expectations, and are things going as you expected?

I initially expected a similar turn-out to last season, brinking on the Top 6 if not being there. But then, that was before the summer transfer window shambles. With the 'squad' that Roeder had 'built', i was expecting nothing more than mid-table mediocrity, so yes - things are going as expected.

I'd go for James Milner. He has been the most consistent and has possibly been the most improved as the season has progressed. He is really on top form at the moment, now that he is scoring goals aswell as providing them. Dyer, since he has returned, has been great for the team and great for Martins. Oba is scoring goals a plenty and Nobby has been a relevtaion at right-back, but Milner for me.

Damien Duff, simply because so much was expected of him to start with. He has simply looked like a has-been at his very worst, whenever he has played for us. He has played one decent game for us, and that was with him at left-back. Duff's been utterly useless in the Premier League for us this season. Bramble has been disappointing aswell after the promise, false of course - as usual, that he showed at the end of last season. Duff for definite, though.

4. You had a quiet January transfer window, if you were the manager, who would you have tried to sign? 

There wasn't a lot out there in our price region. Everyone wanted a left-back but there was simply no one on the market. A striker would have been handy, and i would have liked an Andy Cole or a Robbie Fowler or a Lomana Lua Lua on loan until the end of the season. A player like that, Cole preferably, who wouldn't be spectacular but would do a job. Cole is simply a natural goalscorer and i was disappointed to hear that we had rejected him.

The latter of the 4-3s being my worst memory, although i wasn't really old enough to experience it properly. I hear explanations of the treacherous experience from the likes of my dad and my grandads. Again, using the same method of experience, the Cole hattrick in the 3-0 win early nineties was great. When we beat you 1-0 in the 02/03 season, that really signalled that we really were one of the big four, so that was nice.

6. Do you have any favourite/best chants (and perhaps any that require an explanation)?, and 7. What's the banter like between Newcastle and Liverpool fans at St James, would you say that the 2 sets of fans get on?

Pass.

I'd get rid of Carr, Bramble and Sibierski. Bringing in Carragher, Agger and Crouch.

Get Freddy out, to sum up.

Harper

Solano --- Onyewu --- Bramble --- Taylor

Milner --- Parker --- Butt --- Duff

Martins --- Dyer

Newcastle 0-2 Liverpool

Guest smoggeordie

Here we go, another of these questionaire larks  ;)

Cheers  O0

The questions:

Pre world cup I was hoping top 6, come August it was looking more and more top half.

James Milner without a shadow of a doubt. The lad has come on leaps and bounds in recent months

Carr/Babayaro/Luque/Duff

Wayne Bridge

Jonathan Woodgate

John Carew

Best - Watsons goal at Anfield

Worst - Do you even have to ask?

Favourite chant for me is TOON TOON when the whole stadium are being really passionate about it. Or a good la la la la la la laaaaaaaaa la la la laaaaaaaaaaa GEORDIES

Same as any other set of fans really, except you didn't win it 5 times in Istanbul, you one it once.

Send - Carr, Baba, Luque. Take - Carragher, Riise, Gerrard

I'd cream my pants if we got a loaded sugar daddy

Harper

Nobby Bramble Gooch Tayls

Milner Butt Parker Duff

Martins Dyer

NUFC 1-4 LFC

I predicted 11th place. That's about where we seem to be heading.

Milner, Dyer, Shay

Carr, Babayaro/Duff, N'Zogbia

How long's a piece of string?

Worst... it's a photo finish between the 1974 FA Cup Final and Gullit's first game.

Best... maybe the 2-1 a few years back, just because I watched it with a scouse relative, who was finally rendered speechless.

"You find a dead rat and you think it's a treat..."

7. What?s the banter like between Newcastle and Liverpool fans at St James, would you say that the 2 sets of fans get on?

Ish.

Carr, Babayaro, Ramage

Carragher, Riise, Gerrard

The foreign owners thing is just a function of the increasing revenues at the top end of the game. There are huge rewards but huge investments are needed to reap them, and the business side of football is currently going through one of its periods of reinvention, like it did when the Premiership started. Yes, I'd like to see us bought by some big, deep-pocket concern that knows what it's about. Don't care whether it's foreign or home-grown. If that doesn't happen, I think we'll stagnate or slide further.

10. Care to predict Mr Roeder?s starting line up for the game?

No. There'll be some mystifying selection only he could have come up with.

11. And finally, let?s have your score predictions for the game:

1-3

5th, really. (I'm an optimist.)

Martins.

Worst = Carr

Most Disappointing = Duff

Alex, Appiah, Baines, Bridge, and Huntelaar for starters. (I'm delusional)

Carr, Ramage, and Babayaro

Finnan, Carragher and Gerrard.

........................Harper

Solano...Onyewu...Bramble...Taylor

Milner... Parker... Butt...Duff

Dyer......................Martins

NUFC 2-0

(I'm a delusional optimist)

Start of the season, a push for the UEFA Cup (whoopee). By the end of the disastrous August window though, I'd have taken anything other than relegation, so I'm not feeling as low about this season as I otherwise might have.

Oba Martins. Or maybe Milner. One of them anyway.

Another toss up, between Carr and Duff this time.

A veteran striker to see us through until the summer, possibly Montella who went to Fulham, a centre back, hopefully Gooch will live up to his reputation and crucially, the position which does not exist at NUFC, a left back.

Best - not much, possibly that terrific Bellamy and Robert inspired come-back at Anfield a few years ago.

Worst - Collymore closing in.

Nah, our repertoire of songs is at an all time low.

Banter's very unimaginative these days unfortunately, it is for most clubs. I'd say we get on canny though, we're similar clubs in many ways, apart from the main difference, you win everything, we win nowt.

Carr, Babayaro and Ramage, we'll have Gerrard, Carragher and Kuyt.

As long as they don't look to make too many changes, I've no problem with it. There's been enough Englishmen messed up enough clubs over the years, the foreigners can't do more damage than some. I'd like to see it, yes, Shepherd's taking us further backwards all the time.

Not quite what I would play but: Harper - Solano, Onyewu, Bramble, Taylor - Milner, Butt, Parker, Duff-  Dyer, Martins

11. And finally, let’s have your score predictions for the game: 3-1 to Liverpool.

After a lack of defensive signings and the glimmer of hope that Martins instilled I honestly thought that mid table mediocrity would be the best we could achieve until the Jan window when defenders would be brought in. Alas, things are not always as they seem and I will have to settle for my pre-season prediction.

Martins has been a breath of fresh air and his class shows through even when he hasn't had anybody decent to partner him. Can't wait for him and Owen to play together...(sorry, dig was too tempting).

The worst player in my opinion has been Ramage, it hurts having to slate a youngster but he really isn't cut out for the premiership.

The most dissapointing has been duff due to the high expectations, lived up to his name hasn't he?

Ha..ha..ha, here we go:

Barry or Bridge(left back), any decent centre back and a striker (Nugent, Viduka...). It's obvious that were up the creek without a paddle when it comes to financial spending power...cheers Graeme!

The come back with robert at anfield and just about every other game against you lot...

Dodgy Keeper when you had Grobbelear.

As I haven't been to a Liverpool Newcastle game for over 4 years I couldn't really comment. It used to be allright and I don't think we've ever had that many problems with your lot so thumbs up in general.

Ramage, Pattison & Luque.

Carragher, Gerrard & Kuyt (Cheers lads! :o

I don't particularly like the fact that most of these new owners are in it due to the new super lucrative tv deal that the prem has, I would love to see a Newcastle supporting Billionaire take over the club. Apart from that I would like the club to change all of it's directors because at the moment we only have the equivalent of "human leeches" working for "the good" of our club!!!

........................Harper..........................

Solano....Onyewu.....Bramble......Taylor

Milner..... Parker... ..Butt...........Duff

.....Dyer....................Martins

1-1

Challenging for a UEFA Cup place and we are kind of doing so i guess. Obviously no-one expected us to have so many injuries but then no-one probably would've expected us to be Martins and Sib aside mediocre in the transfer market so we could replace said injured players. We knew Shearer, Ameobi and Owen would not be available way before the season, a bit of forward planning wouldnt have gone a miss.

James Milner - 100% every game without fail. Works jus as hard going back as forward and has really benefitted from a run of games in the first team, this is extenuated further when you think we tried to offload him on Aug 31. Other stars have been Given and Martins. He has also made more appearances than any other player. Nicky Butt too has come back to form from the wilderness this season, this started in pre-season and hasn't let up. Says a lot that many fans would have him first choice in central midfield, he gives us much needed balance in this area. Overall Jimmy Milner tho.

Steve Carr and Celestine Babayaro - gash and mercenary respectively

Damien Duff has been nothing short of diabolic since he moved here. He looks a poor imitation of the player we saw at Blackburn and Chelsea and for Ireland.

A lot more than Roeder did! Altho it is hard to buy in January.

We are crying out for a solid pair of full backs and a probably an experienced centre half (We should've got Sol in Aug - why we didn't is beggars belief). Fullbacks - Wayne Bridge altho that would seem unlikely now, Paul Konchesky, Justin Hoyte. We also need a centre forward who is not a dwarf perhaps Dave Nugent would fit the bill or Dean Ashton or John Carew.

best - stevie watson scoring a screamer in the league cup for us to win 1-0 in 94(i think!)

worst - Michael Owen rubbing his hands like a twat in our 4-1 drubbing at SJP

On a general note for an advert for football the two 4-3 games, in particular the first one.

No, our songs currently are mediocre. Blaydon Races will always be a favourite of mine and doesnt get enough airings as it should

Liverpool fans (i know) like most who support big teams seem to think they're better/more knowledgable than Newcastle/clubs that win fuck all due to the fact we win fuck all - this annoys me intensely. Apart from that though, yeah mediocre.

Out - Baba,Carr,Damage can leave

In - Gerrard (he is a tit but a fucking good player, not that he'll be leaving if you believe those rumours about his personal life),Kuyt(shouldve bought him in the summer),Agger(impressed me everytime i've seen him and can only get better)

Fat Fred is at the heart of what is wrong with our club and with his at the helm we will never achieve more than mediocrity. Although im sceptical about foreign owership, id prefer to see English/British owners but im sure at the moment Villa, Chelsea and even Man U fans arent bothered about the ownership.

Harper

Solano Gooch Bramble Taylor

Milner  Parker    Butt    Duff

Dyer

Martins

11. And finally, let’s have your score predictions for the game 0 - 1 (a goal from a cross)

At the opening of summer transfer window I was expecting at least the same as last season but hoped for a top6. At the end of the summer I was a bit disgruntled and was thinking of a top 10 finish.

James Milner, after an indifferent start he has made right wing his own, still a bit raw but still very younger excellent future ahead if he continues improving at this rate.

A tough one as there have been so many disappointments, but overall I would say Stephen Carr not just for the inept displays and long recovery times from injury but the fact that he seems not to care about the toon.

A centre half in which we did to be fair, a left back and a striker, because of the lack of quality available I would have gone for short term loans for both positions and gone after my main targets in the summer like Bridge maybe easier to sign then and a target man type Crouch would be good but I can't see Rafa selling until he gets replacements in.

Best memory is Steve Watson late winner years ago, I was listening on the radio, worst was either 4-1 when Guillit was in charge or the 2nd 4-3 as we were piss poor go 3-0 down come back and still lose!

Nope

7. What’s the banter like between Newcastle and Liverpool fans at St James, would you say that the 2 sets of fans get on? Wouldn't know

Carragher - Bramble

Finnan - Carr

Kuyt - Luque

I would prefer someone with links to the community but its unlikely, so I would accept foreign owners as long as we weren't their play thing but they actually wanted the club run properly from bottom to top.

Gk, Harper, RB Solano, CB, Bramble, CB, Onweyu, LB, Taylor, RM, Milner, CM, Butt, CM Parker, LM Duff, ACM Dyer, CF Martins

1-1

Guest Bramble OG

Some good questions, if i was doing that again id change Q8 to which 3 players would you take from us and which 3 of your players would improve our team...

Guest Knightrider

The questions:

I expected a tough season if I'm honest, one of jostling for a UEFA Cup spot at best, and we are on course for that so you could say things are going as I expected. However given our injuries I think we have done even better because I thought once a few key players picked up an injury or two, we'd just drop towards the bottom of the league and fight a relegation fight. But we haven't, we've continued heading upwards towards those UEFA Cup spots.

James Milner for me, he has improved his game a lot since we farmed him out on loan to Villa last season, he is now scoring and creating goals and playing consistently well. Other than Milner Shay Given is up there and so is Nolberto Solano and Obafemi Martins.

Do we have enough bandwidth? Too many to choose from, but I'll plump for Damien Duff. Massive disappointment since he signed.

A left-back and another forward, and not for big fees either, loan deals and stop-gaps would have done.

The Andy Cole 3-0 win and the 2-0 reverse at your ground in 93-94. The worst, that 4-3 number one and the defeat at Anfield last season where we were disgustingly outplayed and outfought. I can stomach a defeat but not when it comes without even trying.

Blaydon Races which needs no explanation, or shouldn't do.

In the main aye, same away to your ground too. However all this "you've never won fuck all" and "in your slums" shite does my head in, and shows up both support as being puerile these days.

I'd send Carr, Ramage and Babayaro. I'd be too afraid that Rafa would get the best out of Luque, Bramble and Duff, our other non performers or wasters. As for Liverpool I'll have Carragher, Alonso and Gerrard please, although I'd swap all three for your manager.

Ideally no, I'd like to see an end to these takeovers and see some form of fan ownership but that's never going to happen at clubs with turnovers reaching and exceeding £100m. As for Newcastle we badly need new ideas at boardroom level so a takeover appeals in that sense, but I'm wary that there are no guarantees. I'd take a reluctant gamble myself though, that's how bad things are at the moment.

No, as between now and then, I'm sure someone will pick up an injury and trying to predict Roeder's starting 11 is akin to trying to predict the winning lottery numbers.

A 3-1 defeat. You will score first, we'll equalise and we'll try and score again, and get caught out on the break, once 2-1 down we'll accept defeat and yous will add another. That said, it honestly wouldn't surprise me if we managed to beat you, or if it ended 0-0, that is NUFC for you.

The questions:

after Glen Roeder pulled off the signings of Obafemi Martins and Damien Duff added to our first team over the Summer i felt bar injuries my expectations were 5th place the best team outside the "big 4" us having the un lucky injury crisis has made it difficult to achieve that target particularly as none of the other competitors have had to deal with such a injury crisis however we are level on points with our main rival for 5th Tottenham and we are not too far off Bolton who i feel are catch able just like last season so 5th place and the Uefa Cup we are still very much on course i feel.

Scott Parker has been a colossal in terms of winning the ball back and breaking up attacks he is one of the best in the Premiership for me at doing that and has been fantastic for us this season other then that Obafemi Martins at just 22 years old is having a great first season in the Premiership he has banged in the goals and baring injuries i feel he could be the Premierships third top scorer behind Drogba and C.Ronaldo this season also James Milner who in terms of productivity has continued from last season with 9 assists for Villa for us now 8 assists and 4 goals he is becoming a huge part of our attacking play but for me Scott Parker has been our best and most consistent performer yet again.

Michael Owen, Damien Duff both due to injurys, however both will be here for the next 4 years to show there true worth i feel.

for me there where hardly any good deals in January and it was the best stratergy that we saved up for a big Summer, Jonathan Woodgate who when fit is arguably England's best all round centre half available for a mere £5 million must be brought to play alongside Steven Taylor apart from that compertion for places must be brought as i feel when everybody is fit we have a first team that should challenge for trophies and consistently be the 5th best team in the country year in year out.

4v3 at Anfield

Blaydon Races

7. What?s the banter like between Newcastle and Liverpool fans at St James, would you say that the 2 sets of fans get on?

Very good i think, I for one have a huge respect for Liverpool and its great history and also for there fantastic and special supporters.

Don't like the question.

9. Liverpool have become the latest club to gain new owners, Newcastle have been mentioned as well as a likely candidate for a takeover. How do you feel about these take-overs by foreign owners, and would you like to see it happen at Newcastle?

Good for some clubs however i am happy with our achievements under Freddy Shepherd and would not like a new board, we have been the 5th best team in Premiership history getting high places like 2nd, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th under Shepherd, Keegan, Sir Bobby Robson what other club bar the "Big 4" have had that? we are very much the 5th best club and best run club in the Premiership under Shepherd and i am very happy with Freddy and would not like foreign investment.

10. Care to predict Mr Roeder?s starting line up for the game?

Harper

--------------------------------------------------

--- Solano -- Taylor -- Onyewu -- Babayaro

---------------------------------------------------

----------------- Parker --- Butt ----------------

--- Milner ----------------------------- Duff ----

---------------------------- Dyer ---------------

------------------ Martins ---------------------

11. And finally, let?s have your score predictions for the game:

i think Rafa will go with 3-5-3 will be a tight game Butt and Parker against Alonso and Gerrard will be key also Milner and Duff will have a importent role against your formation, for you Bellamy(who i will stand up and applaud tomorrow) roaming as one of the 3 up front will curse havoc so two assists for Craig with Crouch and Kuyt scoring and i think Obafemi Martins will get goals off the wide service of Duff and Milner so 2 v 2 i predict.

Newcastle United 2 v 2 Liverpool