Newcastle 2-1 Liverpool - Post Match Thoughts.

BlufPurdi

Ratings

Harper - 6.5 - At fault for the goal, looked ok no way near the level of Shay Given un surprisingly.

Taylor - 7 - out of position as a right back but dominant throughout in the air.

Onyewu - 8.5 - superb performance on his home debut, everything in his zone he was dominant in the air and in the tackle.

Bramble - 5.5 - got sucked out way too often and left the space for Bellamy to run into on numerous occasions.

Babayaro - 7 - decent return however he needs his match fitness back.

Nobby - 7.5 - same old Nobby neat and tidy and when there is a forward runner he picked him out.

Butt - 6.5 - not at his usual, got far too tight therefore rolled over and over again.

Parker - 9 - Colossal absolutely colossal overshadowed both Gerrard and Sissoko and was our most important and best player, not only did he win back the ball he used the ball fantastically spreading the play rather then his usual 10 yard and backwards passing.

Milner - 7 - workhorse performance but lacked the delivery in this game.

Dyer - 7 - caused Agger plenty of problems particularly first half with his movement and put Oba through for the goal.

Martins - 7 - plenty of running and showing for the ball at key times but lacked service. (scored)

Christ. Nothing like putting heart before head.

I thought it was a WUM, either that or we know that "scotty" posts on the forum. In case he does.......sod off in the summer.  ;)

8.5, 9 - he's either a WUM, or one of those who think that 7 OUT OF 10 is an average score. Maybe he scores matches for the Sun.

most people rate 1-10 differently in terms of what they think is a average or poor number in a 1-10 score

I am one of those who thinks 7 out of 10 is a average score for me 6.5 is somebody who had a less then average game 

lots of people score it differently

by the way sorry for my ignorance but does WUM mean wind up merchant?

Ratings

Harper - 6.5 - At fault for the goal, looked ok no way near the level of Shay Given un surprisingly.

Taylor - 7 - out of position as a right back but dominant throughout in the air.

Onyewu - 8.5 - superb performance on his home debut, everything in his zone he was dominant in the air and in the tackle.

Bramble - 5.5 - got sucked out way too often and left the space for Bellamy to run into on numerous occasions.

Nobby - 7.5 - same old Nobby neat and tidy and when there is a forward runner he picked him out.

Butt - 6.5 - not at his usual, got far too tight therefore rolled over and over again.

Parker - 9 - Colossal absolutely colossal overshadowed both Gerrard and Sissoko and was our most important and best player, not only did he win back the ball he used the ball fantastically spreading the play rather then his usual 10 yard and backwards passing.

Dyer - 7 - caused Agger plenty of problems particularly first half with his movement and put Oba through for the goal.

Martins - 7 - plenty of running and showing for the ball at key times but lacked service. (scored)

I thought it was a WUM, either that or we know that "scotty" posts on the forum. In case he does.......sod off in the summer.  ;)

8.5, 9 - he's either a WUM, or one of those who think that 7 OUT OF 10 is an average score. Maybe he scores matches for the Sun.

most people rate 1-10 differently in terms of what they think is a average or poor number in a 1-10 score

I am one of those who thinks 7 out of 10 is a average score for me 6.5 is somebody who had a less then average game 

I genuinely don't get it. between ZERO and TEN, how is 7 average?

Ratings

because half of 10 does not mean average

like i said most people have a different view of average rate in a rating out of 10

anyway your main point was about my high rating of our Captains performance no?

Ratings

like i said most people have a different view of average rate in a rating out of 10

Yes, it was. he played very very well, but 9 out of 10??

Mind, the 8.5 was MORE wrong.

Ratings

Yes, it was. he played very very well, but 9 out of 10??

yeah your probably right

Well it depends, the median average is obviously 5, but the mean average would depend on the 'normal' score for players. So I can see how people could consider 6 'average' in that sense - they're not talking about literally the middle of the scale.

Ratings

Ssshhhhhh!

Husshhhhh!

:whispers: Our Glorious Captain is mentioned :whispers:

I'm sitting back down now.

read in the paper today that saturday was the first time Liverpool under Benitez had lost a league match after taking the lead. seems we are developing quite a team spirit under roeder.

Let's see what happens when the opposition doesn't motivate the players, if we start beating the lower teams then I might agree.

Always used 7 for a decent performance, 6 for just below that, 8 for good, etc, because thats what Championship Manager/FM have always used.

Majority of people who have a computer and are footie fans will have played that game, so it quite sensible to use the system that most are familiar with.

Guest tobiazvanderziaz

Football manager is the truth, so we should use their rating system :p

Average performance + team won = 7

Average performance + team lost = 6

Thats my experience from FM, dont ask me about tie :p

6 = average

7 = decent

8 = very good

9 =top-class, almost flawless

10 = world-class

This whole discussion just goes to show how daft it is people posting their ratings, seems people don't even agree over a criteria. By the time you add to that the idea that some people post ratings based off a radio commentary.......