Babayaro

Guest WalkervilleMag

Guest sicko2ndbest

Baba's brother would still be a better RB than Carr.

What a lovely thing to say, i bet your mother is so proud!!!!!!!!!

Decent performance today.

He's went up a hell of alot in my estimations though. Today has shown that he actually does care about the club in some way. To still play despite losing his brother, fair play to him. He didn't have to but he did.

He's earned my respect.

Fair play to him, it must have been a difficult decision to play.

Yeah fair play, go back to my initial reaction, well done to him, and to perform so well against tough opposition.

I was wrong to question.

if he picks his games why comeback against liverpool at home hardly the most sensible choices.

Guest Texasmag

That explains why Roeder waited for him coming off the pitch and was hugging him, as they walked down the tunnel.

The armbands were for Trevor Bennet, a benefactor of the club, but I can imagine the team wanting to wear them for Baba's brother also as a sign of respect. The commentators made no mention of Baba's brother.

Guest clarkyshan

Really mean no disrespect but is this what it takes to get the man on the pitch for a game of football?

Seriously, timing is pretty suspicious and i'm sorry to question it but howay..

We had a week off before the game so many players returned from injuried/see Liverpool

And i admire him for playing despite his brothers death,we should give him a week off so he can go back to Nigeria with his family..

Fair enough, but am sure we've asked him to play even with injury, we've asked him to play because we've had no one else, but all of a sudden his Bro dies and he's up for selection?

Very very fuking cynical of me, but i have to ask.

Really mean no disrespect but is this what it takes to get the man on the pitch for a game of football?

Seriously, timing is pretty suspicious and i'm sorry to question it but howay...

mmm you are being  pretty heartless if you ask me ,doubt anyone needs a death in the family to get on the football pitch :idiot2:

So where has he been?

All of a sudden galvanised ready to play in an important match with his brothers pride on his shoulders.

where was he when we needed a LB over xmas and new year?

Its not heartless, i just find the co-incidence suspicious.

I know from a NUFC footballer (or his opinio) that Babayaro picks his games, is this another case?

are you for real. i wouldn't have been on the pitch if that was my brother!

Seriously, timing is pretty suspicious and i'm sorry to question it but howay..

We had a week off before the game so many players returned from injuried/see Liverpool

And i admire him for playing despite his brothers death,we should give him a week off so he can go back to Nigeria with his family..

Fair enough, but am sure we've asked him to play even with injury, we've asked him to play because we've had no one else, but all of a sudden his Bro dies and he's up for selection?

Very very fuking cynical of me, but i have to ask.

Seriously, timing is pretty suspicious and i'm sorry to question it but howay...

mmm you are being  pretty heartless if you ask me ,doubt anyone needs a death in the family to get on the football pitch :idiot2:

So where has he been?

All of a sudden galvanised ready to play in an important match with his brothers pride on his shoulders.

where was he when we needed a LB over xmas and new year?

Its not heartless, i just find the co-incidence suspicious.

I know from a NUFC footballer (or his opinio) that Babayaro picks his games, is this another case?

are you for real. i wouldn't have been on the pitch if that was my brother!

maybe baba will come out and say why he played everybody has there own way to greive and he is from a different culture why doubt his reason for playing give it a bloody rest :tickedoff:

Much more respect for him after playing today.  Doesn't make him any better of a LB,  but he's gone up in my estimations for going out there today :thup:

Was nice seeing Roeder hugging him at full time,  too.

he played better today than he has done in the past ..... if he continues to play like this over a number of games, then it can only be better for him and us

he has alot more skill than carr and will be a very useful player IF he puts the effort in 

we haven't got anyone better than him at the minute... he did play reasonably well today.... unless you would prefer carr at left back?

I'd rather have huntington, duff, anyone* there, other than Babayaro.

* Not Carr, obviously. he's no more a premiership player than Babayaro is.

Possibly duff, but would duff be as responsive as solano?  I dont think duff at left back will happen.... i will support a player that is willing to make an effort and  I would agree babayro hasnt been good enough, but today he was good enough... if he could be more consistant and put in performances like this then it can only be better for us.  If not get rid in the summer