Next 5 Fixtures are crucial to the season

Guest ToonGeneral

Guest ToonGeneral

Just been looking at our next couple of league fixtures and they all seem winnable. A few are quite tricky but there is every chance we could come up with a good result in all of them.

How does everyone think these games will go?

Wigan (A)

Middlesbrough (H)

Charlton (A)

Man City (H)

Sheff Utd (A)

Guest andynufc84

I would like to say we'll get 15 points but given our inconsistency thats impossible imo. I hope I'm proved wrong but I can't see it.

I'll say we'll beat Boro and citeh, we look decent at home since the turn of the new year. The away games are anyones guess

Guest andynufc84

We can't get ahead of ourselves here, a week ago at Fulham the majority were calling for Roeders head, now 1 win over Liverpool at we're gonna win our next lot of games on the bounce.

We are still very inconsistent and we could easily lose all 3 of thoses away games, Wigan will be  tough, as will Sheffield utd.

Charlton seem to improving under Curbishley as well. You can never tell with NUFC as we have had so many false dawns this season.

You're right mate... these next few fixtures are absolutely crucial. It's a nice little run and if we fuck these ones up, we can effectively forget an automatic European place. We've picked up some very decent points against the big guns, but those points will mean absolutely nothing if we don't capitalise against the lesser teams. I'd settle for:

JJB Warriors (A) - Draw

Smoggies (H) - Win

Pardew's Prats (A) - Win

United Wannabes (H) - Win

Warnock's Wankers (A) - Draw

The Wigan and Sheffield United games will not be easy at all. Wigan are still a decent side and it is quite surprising that they are way down there. I didn't expect them to have a great season when i looked at their summer incomings and outgoings, but they're down there and they've got a lot of team spirit. Also, don't forget our two atrocious performances at the JJB last season. Sheffield United, likewise, have great team spirit that has kept them up anbd a top class motivator at the helm.

The two home games must accumulate nothing less than 6 points. Anything less is absolutely disgraceful. We really should be beating Charlton, aswell.

11 from 15 would be a successful accumulation from those five games.

Perhaps I am in the minority but with our form and squad I see a loss at JJB and perhaps 4-6 points from the rest at a maximum. I reckon we'll lose either the ManCiteh or Smog game and it will be put down to inconsistancy. I would like to be proven wrong but I fully expect the "Roeder out" Campaign to be out in force at the end of this period.

What is copyrighted about displaying and chatting about who we are playing next? Bollocks mate!

Two previous incarnations of this forum got shut down because someone posted fixtures up on here...

Might be a load of nonsense that we can't post fixtures, but it is Newcastle United and the Premier League's fault, not the site's.

Guest ChickenKiev

Yes, I understand that if one lists the fixtures of the whole season then i can sort of see where the fa gets a little upset. However, talking about our next 5 matches is hardly an offense to anyone. Mind you, nowing the things that Newcastle United whinge about i wouldnt be surprised!

Guest andynufc84

Sheff Utd was winnable, as was Charlton at home, Birmingham at home, Birmingham away for that matter, Fulham home AND away etc etc etc..

Unfortunately NUFC are a predictors nightmare, too inconsistent. We absolutely need to cut it out, stating the obvious like