St James' Park

Delima

Guest sicko2ndbest

MsiDouglas Mark Douglas

One question: if it had to be sponsored, why couldn't it be called the Sir Bobby Robson Foundation Arena in the interim? #nufc

:thup:

Blue chip companies are not interested in sentiment

If we get the 10 million a year they want the idea is a good one

It's a name that will always be synonymous with nufc

If we want to compete with the big boys and keep our best players this move is a must

Tradition has to make way for turnover

It's the nature of the beast!

Fuck's sake.

I don't care how this get's dressed up, I am f***ing gutted. People will say 'arr it's always St James' man' well its not is it. We will be watching MOTD and Gary Lineker will be like 'and our reported at the Sports Direct Arena, was Guy Mowbray' and it will make me sick. f***ing arseholes.

Yep. Jeff Stelling said last time that it was staying St James' Park as far as his show was concerned but that won't remain across the board.

Are they under any obligation to call it by it's 'official' name? I hope not.

Guest bimpy474

He's got he timing right in one respect, if he is to find someone to buy the naming rights, being 3rd and unbeaten is a cracking time to do it................if his gamble doesn't work it could feck up the season all together.

It's a name that will always be synonymous with nufc

If we want to compete with the big boys and keep our best players this move is a must

Tradition has to make way for turnover

It's the nature of the beast!

I hope this is a piss take like. I would be physically sickened if even 1 fan genuinely held this view.

Guest sicko2ndbest

If I was Pardew, I'd be absolutely foaming about this.

Why?

More chance of keeping top players

More transfer money

4 weeks if moaning

I reckon he'll deal with it

“Our aim for Newcastle United is to continue to deliver success for the fans and everyone associated with the club,” said Llambias in a statement circulated on Wednesday evening. “We must make this club financially self-sufficient in order to deliver that success.

“To grow sustainably and allow us to invest in our future, we will need to rely increasingly heavily on commercial income.

“These are very difficult economic times and the board have a responsibility to maximise all revenue streams for the benefit of the Club. Stadium rebranding offers a lucrative way for clubs to secure significant additional income.

“When we initially launched our plans at the end of 2009, we invited sponsors to attach their brand to that of St. James’ Park.

“However it has become clear that in order to make the proposition as commercially attractive as possible, a potential sponsor must be given the opportunity to fully rebrand the stadium.

“Naming the stadium the Sports Direct Arena helps up to showcase the opportunity to interested parties. We are now actively seeking a long-term sponsor wishing to acquire full naming rights for the stadium.

“Our shirt sponsorship deal with Northern Rock will also expire at the end of this season, which presents would-be sponsors with the opportunity to acquire both the naming rights and shirt sponsorship deals.”

MsiDouglas Mark Douglas

One question: if it had to be sponsored, why couldn't it be called the Sir Bobby Robson Foundation Arena in the interim? #nufc

Blue chip companies are not interested in sentiment

If we get the 10 million a year they want the idea is a good one

Are you dense? Or on the WUM?

MsiDouglas Mark Douglas

Changing from that to any corporate sponsor will be difficult and generate negative PR for the brand. However changing from Sports Direct to Sony/Vodafone/Sadie the Bra Lady will be a palatable transition, mainly because SD is the fucking pits :lol:

Same as the Sir John Hall stand. No one - over the age of 25 anyway - acknowledges it.

He can call it what he likes, it's still St James'.

I go to the match and see his shitty branding all over the ground, now I'll go home and watch his shitty brand all over Sky and MoTD and will also have to listen to his shitty brand.

Guest bimpy474

another sad example of the way football is going and this isn't even a Mike Ashley thing, NUFC may be the first to do this but you can bet it won't be the last

Bet you it will.

Tottenham have already been looking into this, as that Times article alluded to, my boss is a Spurs fan and they think its coming.

I imagine he will be, but what can he do? He's gotta tread a very fine line here and once again they've dumped him right into a shitstorm he doesn't deserve to be surrounded by.

another sad example of the way football is going and this isn't even a Mike Ashley thing, NUFC may be the first to do this but you can bet it won't be the last

Bet you it will.

Tottenham have already been looking into this, as that Times article alluded to, my boss is a Spurs fan and they think its coming.

Chelsea have got a deal lined up for next year too haven't they?

Guest sicko2ndbest

Those using man utd as a club that don't have a stadium name

They get more for their training gear than we do for our strip

Perspective

Bet you it will.

Chelsea are openly looking for a sponsor for Stamford Bridge, Spurs when they redevelop White Hart Lane, I don't like it one bit but the only surprising thing to me is its taken this long considering how clubs are always looking to increase revenue and with Financial Fair Play coming quickly this sort of thing will be seen as an easy fix

Imagine this happening in German football? The reaction of the fans would be nothing but fierce protection to their ground and history. Even in Italy, Netherlands....but of course here nowt will be done. We'll moan on internet forums, spell words wrong on bedsheets and almost refuse to believe it. But, in saying that, the position us as fans now have in the football food-chain is somewhere right at the bottom, rotting away. Hence, we have no say or no control in whatever goes on.

I will always love Newcastle United, but I'm rapidly falling out of love with the way football is run (marketed) in this country at the highest level.

What page is that photo from inside the stadium and during a match with the SD signs on overdrive all over the place? Can't find it!

Got it. Page 67 if anyone else wants a nice reminder :(

Why?

More chance of keeping top players

More transfer money

4 weeks if moaning

I reckon he'll deal with it

:lol: :lol: at the first two