St James' Park

Delima

If we're going to be completely honest to ourselves if (and it's a bloody big if with this lot in charge) we do sell the rights for next season and we bring in a sizeable chunk of cash p/a then it can only be beneficial to the club. We may be the first to rename a classic ground but we'll not be the last.

That's not justification, like. I'm sick to my stomach but you knew it was coming. It's been an SD billboard first, stadium second for two years now. It'll always be St. James' Park to me regardless of who sponsors it.

I don't care how this get's dressed up, I am fucking gutted. People will say 'arr it's always St James' man' well its not is it. We will be watching MOTD and Gary Lineker will be like 'and our reported at the Sports Direct Arena, was Guy Mowbray' and it will make me sick. Fucking arseholes.

Yep. Jeff Stelling said last time that it was staying St James' Park as far as his show was concerned but that won't remain across the board.

Just a proper cuntish thing to do... No real need

I know just as relations were starting to thaw as well. Talk about a sense of timing ffs, all he had to do was avoid doing anything cuntish while Pardew bossed the team up the league and all would have been well.

Guest bimpy474

Tin hat on.

What if someone does but the naming rights for £15m a year that is to be spent on transfers ?

Why don't Man Utd and Liverpool rename their ground for a bit of cash? Fancy renaming a stand after Sir Alex Ferguson, fucking mugs, should have whacked First Allied Corporation on the top of it.

Clubs are about more than money, or cheap tracksuit bottoms.

Because they bring in more money globally than we ever can/could as it stands, especially in Asia and with Man Utd America as well now.

I hate saying this but the new fair play rules prevent owners from putting cash in for transfers, you have to generate money somehow, not this shit we are seeing as i hate it but just saying like.

I don't care how this get's dressed up, I am f***ing gutted. People will say 'arr it's always St James' man' well its not is it. We will be watching MOTD and Gary Lineker will be like 'and our reported at the Sports Direct Arena, was Guy Mowbray' and it will make me sick. f***ing arseholes.

Yep. Jeff Stelling said last time that it was staying St James' Park as far as his show was concerned but that won't remain across the board.

Aye, I trust him to not change it but the rest probably will now it's shorter and more manageable than the last shit.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

What page is that photo from inside the stadium and during a match with the SD signs on overdrive all over the place? Can't find it!

Don't post it.

Commentators reading this out is going to be like a punch in the stomach every time I watch or listen to a match or highlights.

Does make you wonder if there's any point to football except money any more. I'd gladly be relegated or sent down to League 2 to avoid shit like this. Maybe over the top but that's how I feel right now. Football clubs have to have a soul or they're meaningless.

So depressing.

Guest sicko2ndbest

It's a name that will always be synonymous with nufc

If we want to compete with the big boys and keep our best players this move is a must

Tradition has to make way for turnover

It's the nature of the beast!

What page is that photo from inside the stadium and during a match with the SD signs on overdrive all over the place? Can't find it!

Don't post it.

:lol: Wasn't going to actually. Just want it for keeps.

Tin hat on.

What if someone does but the naming rights for £15m a year that is to be spent on transfers ?

Why don't Man Utd and Liverpool rename their ground for a bit of cash? Fancy renaming a stand after Sir Alex Ferguson, f***ing mugs, should have whacked First Allied Corporation on the top of it.

Clubs are about more than money, or cheap tracksuit bottoms.

Tbf, Spurs and Chelsea are looking for sponsors for their Stadium as well, sign of the times as Derek says. It's horrible like.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Don't post it.

:lol: Wasn't going to actually. Just want it for keeps.

:(