St James' Park

Delima

Guest Haris Vuckic

I'm confused as to what difference this is going to make. It's already technically called the Sports Direct.com @ st James' park, and nobody actually calls it that. It won't make any difference.

I agree though that it is just pointlessly bad PR.

Meanwhile our PR lady is up some mountains :bluestar:

What if this is done as a sort of payback on the money he's lent the club. For example, instead of taking out £120m (?) over a period of 10 years, he will use this to get back his money instead. And making us completely debt free in the process.

Yeah, that won't happen. The club haven't received a penny in cash or in kind for any of the SD advertising so far and I don't see why that would change now.

What if this is done as a sort of payback on the money he's lent the club. For example, instead of taking out £120m (?) over a period of 10 years, he will use this to get back his money instead. And making us completely debt free in the process.

Yeah, that won't happen. The club haven't received a penny in cash or in kind for any of the SD advertising so far and I don't see why that would change now.

Neither would it by this. That's the point with my argument though isn't it? Free advertising for writing off the debts.

I'd be pissed off, but it seems like all stadia are up for grabs, name-wise.

But it again raises the point about other clubs getting money for naming rights/advertising, while NUFC are seemingly getting nothing.

The chances of real historic stadia like Old Trafford or Anfield being renamed are absolutely nil. Because the people who run those clubs don't have a compulsion to treat their supporters like shit for the sheer hell of it.

Serious question, I wonder if there was such a fuss when clubs started defacing their shirts with sponsors?

I'm sure there would have been, but at least back then people could look to the money as a positive.

The chances of real historic stadia like Old Trafford or Anfield being renamed are absolutely nil. Because the people who run those clubs don't have a compulsion to treat their supporters like shit for the sheer hell of it.

:thup:

Guest Haris Vuckic

Serious question, I wonder if there was such a fuss when clubs started defacing their shirts with sponsors?

Most match going blokes had Brown Ale down their tops anyway.

I'd be p*ssed off, but it seems like all stadia are up for grabs, name-wise.

The chances of real historic stadia like Old Trafford or Anfield being renamed are absolutely nil. Because the people who run those clubs don't have a compulsion to treat their supporters like s*** for the sheer hell of it.

Aye.

I'm confused as to what difference this is going to make. It's already technically called the Sports Direct.com @ st James' park, and nobody actually calls it that. It won't make any difference.

I agree though that it is just pointlessly bad PR.

The name of the ground is part of the clubs heritage and one of the few constants in almost 120 years of the clubs history.

Neither would it by this. That's the point with my argument though isn't it? Free advertising for writing off the debts.

But he's not writing off the 'debts'. If you cancel debt, then you are making a payment in kind, it's not free. The club haven't done this as yet.