St James' Park

Delima

I still don't understand why they need to rename the ground with 'Sports Direct' to show potential clients what it would look like, surely they aren't think enough to need tacky examples to realise?

Or it could just be an excuse for a shit load of free advertising, cynical me!

So glad Mike lent us that £100m, then spent it on things like signing Alan Smith on a deal worth about £20m in fees and wages, £40m in losses from getting relegated, £2m for constructively dismissing Keegan and then covering however much we lost from no longer being able to show adverts on 80% of our ground because it's covered in freebie billboards, leaving us owing him £100m.  Thanks mate, really saved our skin.

I still don't understand why they need to rename the ground with 'Sports Direct' to show potential clients what it would look like, surely they aren't think enough to need tacky examples to realise?

Or it could just be an excuse for a shit load of free advertising, cynical me!

Its more about Ashley taking the hit for renaming then the new sponsor being a hero for saving us from SD Arena.

Picked the wrong night to go to bed early!

Coming to the thread late Im sure most that needs saying has probably being covered.

I agree with most Ashley has done in recent years to turn the club around and bring a manager I like, a team I can believe in and a future that looks financially feasible, however this is a step too far. One word is all that is really needed and that is.....

CLASSLESS

Wont cause me to boycott the ground or fill it with bile during the game and doesn't undo all the good that has been done, but this didn't need doing.

We were already getting a couple of million for the shirts and this combined package (if it ever materialises) will probably add 4 or 5 million more if that. I don't think we are that desperate for the money.

So glad Mike lent us that £100m, then spent it on things like signing Alan Smith on a deal worth about £20m in fees and wages, £40m in losses from getting relegated, £2m for constructively dismissing Keegan and then covering however much we lost from no longer being able to show adverts on 80% of our ground because it's covered in freebie billboards, leaving us owing him £100m.  Thanks mate, really saved our skin.

If we owe him 100 million quid things like this should definitely take that cost down.

Llambias said the name change is worth 8-10 million quid. (from another company who pays) So by the end of this season we should only owe him at the very least 92 million.

That won't happen but i still feel it should :undecided:

not bothered about the stadium renaming.  More worried about the tone in lambus` voice that says.....we dont have a sponsor to replace northern rock.

if we go into jan with no shirt sponsor......how sad does that look!

Oh, we'll have a shirt sponsor, just not one that pays us for it.

Guest ToonUltra

Are you telling me that you believe this newly generated income will pour directly into funding new players?

Ha ha...it may buy new Mike a new SD outlet in Jesmond, or finance next years bonuses for his SD staff, but NUFC will not see a fucking penny of it, thats why it is a ridiculous stunt to maximise the business which really matters to him.

FUCK YOU ASHLEY AND ALL OF YOUR LITTLE FUCKING LYING PRICKS!

NEVER TRUST A COCKNEY!!!

Newcastle United, Will Never Be Defeated!

Guest Roger Kint

not bothered about the stadium renaming.  More worried about the tone in lambus` voice that says.....we dont have a sponsor to replace northern rock.

Yes we will, NR have paid til June, the present deal wasnt agreed til January last time either. We need a new shirt deal as well btw, Puma runs out in June too. If only we know somewhere that makes cheap shirts.......

Guest sydneycove

For everyone who thinks this wasn't going to happen anyway:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fu%C3%9Fball-Bundesliga

Would like to know how many of those are new grounds.

Bay Arena - Bayer Leverkusen - 1958

Signal Iduna Park - Dortmund - 1974

badenova Stadium - Freiburg - 1953

Imtech Arena - Hamburg - 1953

AWD Arena - Hanover - 1954

Rhein Energy Stadium - Koln - 1923

easycredit Stadium - Nuremberg - 1928

Mercedes Benz Arena - Stuttgart  - 1933

They are the older stadiums in Bundesliga 1 which have been renamed multiple times for many years. There are even more lower down the leagues.

They are the older stadiums in Bundesliga 1 which have been renamed multiple times for many years. There are even more lower down the leagues.

In deals which got the teams money.

Guest ToonUltra

No, we have NR until May 2012. Puma apparently need 7 months to analyise how the new sponsor will fit into the design of the new shirt! WTF, aren't all of their shirts just a fucking template shared out across 5 continents?

That is why the cockney wankers have until December.... And once again, they've left it until now. Fucking inept inbreds!

Does anyone know an italian hitman for rent? We could set up a trust and get a tenner a man to fund the gadgy!

Apparently from now on, if one of our players has to go off to change their boots, socks, shorts or shirt, the PA will start reading out a message.

"Steven Taylor is getting these replacement Donnay socks, only three ninety-niiiiiiiiiiiine!"

"Tim Krul is getting a replacement printed replica shirt, was forty-four ninety-niiiine, now only thirty-four ninety-niiiiiiiiiiiiine!"

etc

Guest sydneycove

In deals which got the teams money.

I'm not arguing against the people saying his brand being advertised is wrong. I am arguing with the "we have sold our history" people.

Rightly or wrongly, I have a feeling this will be framed as "the moment the wheels came off".  We don't expect anything from the next few games, but I wouldn't be surprised if we then can't find our form again and it won't take a big step to place some of that on this abysmal decision completely taking the wind out of our sails and ripping the heart out of our positive start.

But I'm sure that'll be worth it as well.