St James' Park

Delima

What annoys me is that when he sells the club he new owner/the club has to pay him back £10million a year for 10 years because of the interest free loan he gave to the club.

On top of this though he's getting his free £10million a year s*** all over the stadium. Surely that should be deducted? But no of course it won't be.

He is and will get a hell of a lot of money back for the owning of this club.

That doesn't make sense mate tbh.

Ashley as it stands has still lost an astonishing amount of money which is his own stupid fault.

He has paid the debts off for the club. Not through his own personal gesture, but to keep the club afloat.

I'm sure he has it written in that the club will repay him this debt.

So when he leaves the club will pay him the total of £100 million quid.

On top of this add up all the penny pinching and net spend over the years and the free hoardings/naming rights of the stadium.

At the minute he might be out of pocket, but by the time he leaves he will have advertised his company worldwide for x amount of years. and will get a hell of a lot of money back

He'll have to write off the loan if he ever sells. No chance anyone will agree to buy the club and then continue to make repayments to Ashley on his 'loan'. If he's lucky he might get his money back, he definitely won't leave us having made a massive profit.

I have never referred to the Leazes or Gallowgate as anything other than that. I can't remember anyone I know referring to them as anything else either.

I can say hand on heart after all these years I don't even know which one was renamed the SJH stand and which one was the Exhibition stand or whatever.

Same with St.James' Park, it will never be anything else.

Mind I did start calling the Popular the New Stand and on occasions I've even called it the East Stand recently, so maybe change really can happen.

Absolute looney tunes if anyone thinks kids growing up over the next 10 years will call it St James' Park when everything they hear or read refers to it as something else - the BBC, one of the biggest media organisations in the world have always referred to the Gallowgate, and it's not like they mention it much anyway unlike the name of the ground, the comparison is ridiculous. Assuming the current name stays in place, which it will until we get rid of him, SJP will be a long forgotten memory in a few years time.

Doesn't matter though, I'm sure we'll be in the top six for all that time so good on him. :thup:

Guest bimpy474

Absolute looney tunes if anyone thinks kids growing up over the next 10 years will call it St James' Park when everything they hear or read refers to it as something else - the BBC, one of the biggest media organisations in the world have always referred to the Gallowgate, and it's not like they mention it much anyway unlike the name of the ground, the comparison is ridiculous. Assuming the current name stays in place, which it will until we get rid of him, SJP will be a long forgotten memory in a few years time.

Doesn't matter though, I'm sure we'll be in the top six for all that time so good on him. :thup:

But those kids will have Dad's like us, if my two call it anything other than St James' Park then i'll put them right.........hopefully all other parents will too, that or we will just call in Social Services :D

But those kids will have Dad's like us, if my two call it anything other than St James' Park then i'll put them right.........hopefully all other parents will too, that or we will just call in Social Services :D

That's the hope! In any case, anyone who lives in Newcastle/is a Newcastle fan should/will call it St. James' Park. However, the issue comes from others who have a vendetta against us and will call it SDA to spite us (such as some people in the media, *cough* BBC *cough*) - this could lead to the potential loss of the name in the mainstream media.

Guest bimpy474

That's the hope! In any case, anyone who lives in Newcastle/is a Newcastle fan should call it St. James' Park. The issue comes from others who have a vendetta against us and will call it SDA to spite us (such as some people in the media, *cough* BBC *cough*).

I just ignore most media outlets as most have an agenda of one sort or another, we know what its called and so will my kids anyhoo.

That's the hope! In any case, anyone who lives in Newcastle/is a Newcastle fan should call it St. James' Park. The issue comes from others who have a vendetta against us and will call it SDA to spite us (such as some people in the media, *cough* BBC *cough*).

I just ignore most media outlets as most have an agenda of one sort or another, we know what its called and so will my kids anyhoo.

You can't say you ignore most media outlets and yet watch football on television. It's not possible to do both.

It's hard to ignore the media these days like. So, unfortunately their insistence of using the SDA will annoyingly pop up from time to time (the BBC being the main culprit really). But like you say, we all know what it's called so the name won't be completely lost (regionally anyway). Having said that though, I can understand Wullie's concerns as the name, St. James' Park is likely to be lost in the mainstream in the future.

Guest bimpy474

You can't say you ignore most media outlets and yet watch football on television. It's not possible to do both.

Of course it is, you just watch the matches and not the build up nonsense or as i do tend to have the volume down for that bit, besides you have your own mind and dont have to take in what crap they spout.

Of course it is, you just watch the matches and not the build up nonsense or as i do tend to have the volume down for that bit, besides you have your own mind and dont have to take in what crap they sprout.

:lol:

Do you turn the commentary off as well? Do you deny that in ten years, outside of a very small part of England, the name St James' Park will not exist?

the media have to call it by SDA though dont they? It's not nice but I think theyre obliged to- you see them refer to the Etihad, DW stadium etc

Guest bimpy474

It's hard to ignore the media these days like. So, unfortunately their insistence of using the SDA will annoyingly pop up from time to time (the BBC being the main culprit really). But like you say, we all know what it's called so the name won't be completely lost (regionally anyway). Having said that though, I can understand Wullie's concerns as the name, St. James' Park is likely to be lost in the mainstream in the future.

I'm an non Geordie, now i would think most who are and support us would never use SDA, and pass that on to their kids and so on. I'm not as worried about being lost in the mainstream, over the last few years the utter nonsense spouted by them about us, is something i've ignored for years anyway.

Guest bimpy474

Of course it is, you just watch the matches and not the build up nonsense or as i do tend to have the volume down for that bit, besides you have your own mind and dont have to take in what crap they sprout.

:lol:

Do you turn the commentary off as well? Do you deny that in ten years, outside of a very small part of England, the name St James' Park will not exist?

Only if we are playing Liverpool and have to listen how wonderful they are, but i couldn't careless what any commentators say anyway but you are right about the rest of the country, but even that might not be as bad as you think, because of the Keegan years we are still thought of highly, well in my experience down South where i am, we still are.

I'm an non Geordie, now i would think most who are and support us would never use SDA, and pass that on to their kids and so on. I'm not as worried about being lost in the mainstream, over the last few years the utter nonsense spouted by them about us, is something i've ignored for years anyway.

When it comes to something like this, kids are influenced far more by the media than they are by their parents. A kid watching MOTD, Sky Sports isn't going to be running to his dad every five minutes asking what the stadium is really called. When he hears the current name 100 times, that's what little Jonny will call it.

I simply cannot believe that anyone thinks the name will exist anymore in a a few years time, the "everyone will still call it SJP" argument is such a load of utter short term nonsense.

That's the hope mate! The name will live on for many years to come amongst our support but I'm one of those who would prefer it if it wasn't completely lost in the mainstream. Guess I should follow your lead and ignore what the media says really.

Guest Howaythetoon

The more I think about this whole sorry saga the more angry I get. There should be laws against this. The FA need to put in place some kind of directive in their rules that forbid stadium renaming. Rebrand a stadium like Ashley has done with all those stupid signs, but the renaming? Its not on man. What next, rename the fucking club, change the club colours, relocate even. Where does the line stop? The fact fans take it too makes me even more angry. Imagine the Glazers trying to do that to Old Trafford and the kicks off that would ensue, or someone trying to rename Anfield.

But we are sixth man and have a new bore hole!

Incorporating 'Sports Direct' into the team/club name is inevitably going to be the next step.

surely that cant happen.

If it does its time to start a newcastle team like the wimbledon fans did.

I don't doubt that at some point (where there's an international break), he'll attempt to change the name of the club. Hopefully the FA will try to veto it but their track record in that area isn't fantastic. They tried to veto the Wimbledon move and were beaten.

Guest bimpy474

When it comes to something like this, kids are influenced far more by the media than they are by their parents. A kid watching MOTD, Sky Sports isn't going to be running to his dad every five minutes asking what the stadium is really called. When he hears the current name 100 times, that's what little Jonny will call it.

I simply cannot believe that anyone thinks the name will exist anymore, the "everyone will still call it SJP" argument is such a load of utter short term nonsense.

Sadly unless parents monitor what their kids watch (i do very closely), i'm afraid long term you could be right (about our namimg of course), i'm just hoping that if a sponsor/buyer does come in, they will call the "stadium" what its meant to be called.

I'm still going to my bit with my kids, i'm bringing them up for the Bolton game, coming up for the weekend, they shall be learned i tells ya :D

Guest bimpy474

Incorporating 'Sports Direct' into the team/club name is inevitably going to be the next step.

FA have to give permission and i cant see them doing that, imo.

Really can't see that happening imo. The risks of such a proposal would be too great - for one thing, the fans would actually stop going to games and as a result, Ashley would literally lose money by the second. There's no "business" without its customers.

I simply cannot believe that anyone thinks the name will exist anymore, the "everyone will still call it SJP" argument is such a load of utter short term nonsense.

Sadly unless parents monitor what their kids watch (i do very closely), i'm afraid long term you could be right (about our namimg of course), i'm just hoping that if a sponsor/buyer does come in, they will call the "stadium" what its meant to be called.

I'm still going to my bit with my kids, i'm bringing them up for the Bolton game, coming up for the weekend, they shall be learned i tells ya :D

all the kids  i know call it the gallowgate and leazes not the new names.