St James' Park

Delima

Guest guinness_fiend

The man deserves nothing but praise. Got more balls than the lot of you combined so you sit behind your keyboards and make fun of him. Is this RTG or newcastle-online? Should be people making him into a hero, not this s****. And they call us the best fans in the land, and we can't even support our own.

http://i.imgur.com/lgKho.gif

:lol:

The man deserves nothing but praise. Got more balls than the lot of you combined so you sit behind your keyboards and make fun of him. Is this RTG or newcastle-online? Should be people making him into a hero, not this s****. And they call us the best fans in the land, and we can't even support our own.

http://i.imgur.com/lgKho.gif

:lol:

I too find that funny lol.

Guest sicko2ndbest

And such a docile attitude plays right into the hands of the c***s running United.

Yeah, let's go back to the Shepherd era and welcome overpaid mercenaries

Ashley takes emotion out of the decision making process. It's a results business and MA is producing where it matters

He has previous when he floated SD he was hounded as the share price plummeted. Look at him now, he's been in the news this week for completely turning it around

Ashley takes emotion out of the decision making process. It's a results business and MA is producing where it matters

He has previous when he floated SD he was hounded as the share price plummeted. Look at him now, he's been in the news this week for completely turning it around

I didn't realise being pissed off at the sign being taken down would take us back to the days of overpaid mercenaries, thanks for pointing that out, at least we know what we might be getting ourselves into.

And such a docile attitude plays right into the hands of the c***s running United.

Nothing like an over-reaction.

Anyone recall the scene in Monty Pythons Life of Brian where Brian was made to cover the city walls with 'Romans go home'. graffiti.

I have this vision of St. James' Park daubed all over the walls like that, it would look very artistic.

Guest sicko2ndbest

I used to like you.

I'll be honest Guv those views are probably not a true representation of my personal feelings but I do fell we need to see the bigger picture in this.

The decision was made and like many decisions the boss makes you don't always agree, you will huff and puff, talk behind his back and then realise you will just have to get on with it.

I don't want anything to deraile our season and this coupled with a derby defeat (god forbid) could see us plummet and the negativity return. I know the negativity has been brought on in some senses by the regime but in 2 years time if we are really challenging champions league places I think the the decision will have been taken for the greater good

Like i've said several times, if we knew we were getting something in return for this then a lot of people will be able to take it in our stride and understand it benefits the club. As it stands there is no valid reason to be doing this.

Yeah because we're a million miles from competing for those spots this season. Renaming the stadium and taking a crowbar to the club signs is just what we need to get to that next level.

Exactly. It'll be the black and white stripes or the badge next and people will still defend him.

The fans need to stay with the players and the club in general, but must make a positive protest against the removal of the sign and name from the stadium.  How this is to be achieved I do not know, but I would suggest signs and signing at the Wolves game.  I would if I could.

Yeah because we're a million miles from competing for those spots this season. Renaming the stadium and taking a crowbar to the club signs is just what we need to get to that next level.

Exactly. It'll be the black and white stripes or the badge next and people will still defend him.

Makes you wonder where some people draw the line as long as we seem to be heading in the right direction. Would moving the entire club to London be taking things too far?

Makes you wonder where some people draw the line as long as we seem to be heading in the right direction. Would moving the entire club to London be taking things too far?

Comments like this are just way OTT.

Guest sicko2ndbest

We are a mid table team over achieving this season, to make a sustainible challenge year in year out we need to move on. You must be able to see this?

Some things are worth more than a few million quid. That we're not getting.

If none of this was happening and we were stuck in mid-table would you really be arguing it was because we hadn't renamed the stadium? Give over.

Some things are worth more than a few million quid. That we're not getting.

Disagree, depending on the price. Can accept the re-branding for the £10m a year they think they will get, that extra money will make a big difference in the end, £100m over a decade, that's Ashley paid off, or some good players and/or more room for wages.

i dont accept we need this money, why not pay the players a little less and keep the name. teh whole financial problems with football, is because the players are paid more than the clubs can afford.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Would you accept changing the name of the club altogether for a price? Sports Direct United. Just a hypothetical question.

What they are doing has is not without precedent! Changing colours/ name is!

Guest sicko2ndbest

i dont accept we need this money, why not pay the players a little less and keep the name. teh whole financial problems with football, is because the players are paid more than the clubs can afford.

Because football dosnt work that way