St James' Park

Delima

Maybe Im just war weary after everything thats happened since 2008 but this just seems nowt in comparison previous events.

Regardless whether he cant flog it yet or is simply using it for himself, this is where football is going and while people laugh at what goes on in the states, thats exactly where we are heading.

This continual rise in players salaries will only lead to more and more money being squeezed out of the game. Wouldnt surprise me in a few years time to have TV breaks after 22 mins, half time and 67 minutes.

Going to hell........

Oh f***ing hell. You've decided to sign up on here as well, have you? :rolleyes: Welcome along, I suppose...

Its a disgrace that, as you mentioned, its where football is going at the moment, and its infuriating.

Hilarious seeing all the Yanks on here and Twitter almost justifying what he is doing because it is the norm in their consumerist armpit of a nation.

:facepalm:

Which nation covers the front of their sports team jerseys with a huge sponsor again?

It's fuck all to do with advertising, consumerism or the way football is heading and everything to do with Mike Ashley being a cunt. The club makes no profit from this so any debate about any of that is pointless and irrelevant.

We are going to end up with Sports Direct on the kit aren't we...

I personally feel fairly confident that it'll happen one day.

Aye, I used to think he wouldn't because of the money generated by selling the advertising. But he clearly prefers advertising his own shit for free

Aye, I used to think he wouldn't because of the money generated by selling the advertising. But he clearly prefers advertising his own shit for free

:thup:

We'll undoubtedly be fed some bullshit about it being for the season, as we have no worthy prospective sponsorship offers when the NR deal ceases.

Aye, I used to think he wouldn't because of the money generated by selling the advertising. But he clearly prefers advertising his own s*** for free

We'll undoubtedly be fed some bullshit about it being for the season, as we have no worthy prospective sponsorship offers when the NR deal ceases.

Correct. Wouldn't be as bad if they actually had a half decent logo, or you know, put some fucking money into the club.

Hmm, turns out I'm furious about this. Who knew :rant:

Aye, I used to think he wouldn't because of the money generated by selling the advertising. But he clearly prefers advertising his own s*** for free

Correct. Wouldn't be as bad if they actually had a half decent logo, or you know, put some f***ing money into the club.

you being serious ?

Hilarious seeing all the Yanks on here and Twitter almost justifying what he is doing because it is the norm in their consumerist armpit of a nation.

:facepalm:

Which nation covers the front of their sports team jerseys with a huge sponsor again?

:lol: This and the ACL thing is killing me.

Correct. Wouldn't be as bad if they actually had a half decent logo, or you know, put some f***ing money into the club.

you being serious ?

Meant Sports Direct from all of the Advertising, not Mike Ashley

Guest thenorthumbrian

Tacky s*** agreed, no big deal for me though - the players are still there, the stadiums still there and we will fill it - that's what the club is about, not the advertising

We aren't filling it though.

And the longer the FCB is there the less full the sports direct superdome will be.

atmosphere better than anywhere in the country when its full and the toon are playing well

as we've seen in the last few seasons like when robson was in charge, its a fortress and glenn is getting us back to them ways here as well now

couldnt help quoting this tbh, 20:20 hindsight and all that

you being serious ?

I can't see that there's much difference since Ashley owns about 75% of Sports Direct. I just can't get wound up about the money aspect of it. As I said earlier he could get Sports Direct to pay something for this and he could also charge interest on his loan, he chooses to do neither and that's up to him. I'm more concerned about the degradation of a great stadium.

It's f*** all to do with advertising, consumerism or the way football is heading and everything to do with Mike Ashley being a c***. The club makes no profit from this so any debate about any of that is pointless and irrelevant.

Surely Mike must be paying the club for advertising or it would be ironic that Lambias keeps spouting about balancing the books.  Surely not

you being serious ?

I can't see that there's much difference since Ashley owns about 75% of Sports Direct. I just can't get wound up about the money aspect of it. As I said earlier he could get Sports Direct to pay something for this and he could also charge interest on his loan, he chooses to do neither and that's up to him. I'm more concerned about the degradation of a great stadium.

I'm not too bothered about the degradation of the stadium in all honesty. More successful clubs than ours are sporting ridiculous names on their shirts and stadiums and no one gives a toss because they have been winning trophies.

Ashley can stick Sports Direct insignia in Fenwicks window for all I care if he would actually spend the money required on a strong playing squad.

you being serious ?

I'm not too bothered about the degradation of the stadium in all honesty. More successful clubs than ours are sporting ridiculous names on their shirts and stadiums and no one gives a toss because they have been winning trophies.

Ashley can stick Sports Direct insignia in Fenwicks window for all I care if he would actually spend the money required on a strong playing squad.

Exactly, the problem comes when he doesn't give us a deep enough squad and the focus is sharpened on all the other stuff as a consequence.

you being serious ?

Same. Having a unique and brilliant stadium is one of the things you could never take away and always be proud of however bad the team was getting on. Was the same with our home atmosphere. You could never deny our support was the best vocally and we would make great noise at SJP, but thats a bif of a myth now. We still do have a brilliant stadium, but that was one part of it, an iconic image, which has now been tarnished badly to look like a loads of other sponsered grounds.