St James' Park

Delima

erm, stinks of shite..."there's a paypal account setup" and then no details

ahem

love the concept though...should be taken further, people should setup and actively find places to sell advertising around the ground, utilise places you'd never think of, do everything that would convince a company not to invest in the SDA  O0

Guest WashyGeordie

erm, stinks of s****..."there's a paypal account setup" and then no details

ahem

love the concept though...should be taken further, people should setup and actively find places to sell advertising around the ground, utilise places you'd never think of, do everything that would convince a company not to invest in the SDA  O0

Only got posted a couple of hours ago, so maybe they're getting to see how many will be interested, and/or to hear back from a MP?

Dunno really, but I'd be interested in the concept aswell, just hope it doesn't go the same way as NUST and "Yes we can"...

I wonder if the Council could officially rename the area St James' Park and then it is actually part of the address even if the club chooses to ignore it.  It would be one way to make sure the name lives on for future generations.

For your MP:

Dear ......

I am a Newcastle United fan and I am strongly opposed to the changing of the stadium name. A group of NUFC fans are planning to hire advertising space on the billboards directly opposite the Gallowgate End at St James' Park. It will simply say "St James' Park, always has been, always will be. United we stand."

It is going to cost well over £3,000 to pay for this. We are asking fellow fans to donate whatever amount they can. A Paypal account is set up to handle the donations we receive. I would like to ask if we could count on your support? Whilst a cash donation would be very welcome, your voice would be a great help too. We urge you to gather support from fellow MPs; not just in the Newcastle area, but across the country as I'm sure a lot of football fans of other clubs will sympathise with the us. People such as yourself, high profile and in the public eye, could make a huge difference to our campaign. Please support us.

Saw this on facetube. Decent idea IMO

Indeed! Would spend somce cash like  O0

For your MP:

Dear ......

I am a Newcastle United fan and I am strongly opposed to the changing of the stadium name. A group of NUFC fans are planning to hire advertising space on the billboards directly opposite the Gallowgate End at St James' Park. It will simply say "St James' Park, always has been, always will be. United we stand."

It is going to cost well over £3,000 to pay for this. We are asking fellow fans to donate whatever amount they can. A Paypal account is set up to handle the donations we receive. I would like to ask if we could count on your support? Whilst a cash donation would be very welcome, your voice would be a great help too. We urge you to gather support from fellow MPs; not just in the Newcastle area, but across the country as I'm sure a lot of football fans of other clubs will sympathise with the us. People such as yourself, high profile and in the public eye, could make a huge difference to our campaign. Please support us.

should raise a lot more than 3k imo- buy some permanent signs for the council for barrack road.

Posted this before, but I checked that possibility when the whole renaming thing was announced. Back then - unless I was reading it incorrectly - those billboards were booked up over a year in advance, presumably due to the sheer amount of exposure they get thanks to the SJP crowds. Can't see why it would have changed.

If whoever has the board now were to sponsor the proposed wording with a 'sponsored by' logo somewhere i would guess more people would notice their advertising than currently do so walking casually by with no reason to look.

Guest WashyGeordie

For your MP:

Dear ......

should raise a lot more than 3k imo- buy some permanent signs for the council for barrack road.

That would be the best alternative. Even the billboards across the road from the Gallowgate.

the advertising thing is class idea like, could be anything tbh - raise the money for a massive canvas truck siding and get a sympathetic truck owner to loan you an articulated truck every match day and drive the cunt in circles around the ground before and after the games

as has been said pay the strawberry something to stick a huge sign on the roof

and so on and so forth

Guest WashyGeordie

the advertising thing is class idea like, could be anything tbh - raise the money for a massive canvas truck siding and get a sympathetic truck owner to loan you an articulated truck every match day and drive the c*** in circles around the ground before and after the games

and so on and so forth

I know they have the banner on the upstairs terrace (or is it the front) saying "Strawberry @ St James Park"  :jesuswept:

Guest michaelfoster

the advertising thing is class idea like, could be anything tbh - raise the money for a massive canvas truck siding and get a sympathetic truck owner to loan you an articulated truck every match day and drive the c*** in circles around the ground before and after the games

and so on and so forth

I know they have the banner on the upstairs terrace (or is it the front) saying "Strawberry @ St James Park"  :jesuswept:

that was gone last time i drove past a week or so ago