St James' Park

Delima

When that fat c*** finally has a coronary we can just have the old letters redrawn and replace the minging SD font. The original design will be in a draughtsman's drawer somewhere, but failing that, a decent draughtsman would be able to recreate from pics. That's something I often wish for.

That and can they clean the f***ing place, please?

When that fat c*** finally has a coronary we can just have the old letters redrawn and replace the minging SD font. The original design will be in a draughtsman's drawer somewhere, but failing that, a decent draughtsman would be able to recreate from pics. That's something I often wish for.

Certainly does need an industrial clean.  Looking at it from the Shark Bar/Sandman.  That corner makes it look more like a prison.  It is filthy and could do with a clean and a lick of paint.

Certainly does need an industrial clean.  Looking at it from the Shark Bar/Sandman.  That corner makes it look more like a prison.  It is filthy and could do with a clean and a lick of paint.

Yesterday, the walkways between seats looked like they'd either been cleaned or had a coat of paint, and some of the seats were being jetwashed.

Some of the exec boxes were being redecorated too.

But aye, from the outside it still looks scruffy!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Howaythetoon

Aye and the stadium itself is seriously deteriorating. The roof/glass needs a good clean and lots of rows had no lettering and lots of seats had no numbers, some didn't even sit properly because the bit of metal that it rests on when folded down has bent or been sheered off somehow. It wouldn't take much to tart up the place.

Aye and the stadium itself is seriously deteriorating. The roof/glass needs a good clean and lots of rows had no lettering and lots of seats had no numbers, some didn't even sit properly because the bit of metal that it rests on when folded down has bent or been sheered off somehow. It wouldn't take much to tart up the place.

Need to get it on Rafa's to do list.

Guest Howaythetoon

You could do an amazing job of SJP - paint it, freshen everything up, hang giant banners of club legends, would be immense. Ideally less sports direct obviously.

Exactly, it's still a well designed stadium that if tarted up wouldn't look so dated. It just looks tired and neglected.

Pitch was awful today, cutting up all over the shop.

Yeah it was patchy in places as well, particularly around the goal line towards the Gallowgate. I noticed a couple sections seemed to have new seats, but they looked like a lighter grey than the usual ones. Also a lot of the walkways on the stands had new anti slip paint on them.

Pitch was awful today, cutting up all over the shop.

Aye, hopefully they can sort it out in the 12 days between the Open Day on Monday and Huddersfield game. Need the best carpet pitch possible as we'll be able to 'out-football' most teams in the league you'd hope

Hope at the open day someone can point out to Rafa or the management to give the place a proper jetwash. It would give fans such a lift seeing the place properly cleaned and freshened up.

I agree with some earlier posts that the lopsided and unbalanced design already makes SJP such a unique stadium right at the heart of the city.

But to compete with the likes of Liverpool, Spurs, West Ham and maybe even Everton, an extension would probably be needed and if we suddenly become an ambitious or even a successful club, a great looking stadium would help. Especially as the chance to expand the Gallowgate might be wiped out forever. We should never move away from SJP.

The 3rd phase in the image below is of course virtually impossible

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x11/MartinLeRoy/Combined.jpg

Going back to this, I've found a forum on where the guy made these graphics/models of a SJP with extended Gallowgate End and East Stand. If the Gallowgate was extended, it would take the capacity to 61,188. And, although it's pretty much impossible due to the listed buildings behind it, if the East Stand was extended also, the capacity would be taken to 81,219. Thought it was a quite interesting discussion.

thinks its just about the right capacity as it is.  love the whole assymetry of the stands.

would be great to squeeze in another screen or two for the gallowgate and east stand to see.