St James' Park

Delima

Re: pitch-side away fans...Didn't we stick the Bordeaux fans in the Leazes/East corner? I seem to remember them kicking of towards the police line in the Leazes.

Also didn't Benfica get additional seats in the Milburn/Leazes corner when they sold out their allocation. I definitely remember a little pocket of maybe 100 or so going mental when their goal went in, miles away from their block in level 7.

Would make Sunderland away a bit better. Since they moved us to the top tier it just seems boring and cut off. Back when we were behind the goal it used to feel more lively and it even went off, for example the 2008/09 season.

Did the poor derby form coincide with the fans moving? Cabaye 1-1 was the first from up there I think?

Aye that's right. Was way better down by the pitch, just felt a lot different. Particularly remember Dabizas (1-0) and Shearer, Chopra (4-1) basically celebrating with us.

Guest neesy111

There's the reason then. The curse ends when we move back.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161021/6c88fa63cd778f5f4c28a7bbc9cb1a90.jpg

The name of the game with this away fans stuff doesn't suit SJP at all, because you want the away fans away from the view of the main TV camera. And pitchside in the Milburn / leazes isn't happening.

Give them the East stand and move the OAP'a up to level 7, might breathe a bit of life back into the place.

Sticking the OAPs in level 7 will probably do the opposite of breathing life into things.  We'd need a respirator and medical crew on standby up there every game :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

I was watching Stoke v Swansea the other night and noticed they've taken out the aisle way from the centre section of the stand opposite the camera which has increased capacity by a few hundred.

With the prospect of serious expansion of SJP now looking very unlikely a cheap, cost effective way of adding 2-3,000 to the capacity could be to reconfigure the lower tiers of the Gallowgate, Leazes, and Milburn (paddocks) so that they are the same as the lower tier of the East Stand by simply taking away the aisle way that runs the full length of the lower tiers of those stands (effectively splitting them in half) and replacing them with an extra few rows of seats?

I remember when they took the boxes out of the East Stand and replaced them with seats it increased the capacity of the stand by around 1k.

No doubt there's a reason they can't do it because it just seems so obvious.

Isn't that the disabled section?

Think you may well be right there. Should just put them all back down at pitch side like in the olden days when they would all sit huddled under that tin roof at the front of the Leazes. Apart from taking the odd football square to the face I don't recall any serious injuries.