St James' Park

Delima

Not sure if the pigeon was mentioned by name, but pretty sure the state of St James Park has been brought up at every fans forum for years. To pretend that no one has mentioned anything until it became cool to score points on Twitter is a joke

Guest Howaythetoon

Some of the line of work we do involves the Environment Agency and Environmental Health and I know if a property had a dead pigeon or any other animal carcass in an open environment it is classed as a health issue and if reported will in most cases require an officer/agent of one of those organisations paying a visit to the premises and if need be enforce some kind of action for it’s removal.

I’m not sure about sports arenas though, but it is shameful that a dead pigeon hasn’t been removed and absolutely disgraceful someone employed by the club is basically going online to defend the club’s lack of due care regards maintenance, citing how it’s down to fans to point any issues out.

No it’s not, it’s down to whoever is in charge of maintaining the stadium which clearly is a position that doesn’t exist at the club.  Just another sad indictment of how the club is ran under Mike Ashley.

Again the stadium needed modernised under Freddy Shepherd, that was over a decade ago. We’ve seen photos of decay and have also eyewitnessed it ourselves, god knows how far it goes inside the corridors of the stadium. We have come along way from the days when Sir Bobby eulogised about the quality of the oak doors at SJP to fans posting photos of dead pigeons trapped inside the stadium on social media...

Well done Mike!

Guest firetotheworks

He's got a fucking cheek with that 'point scoring' bollocks. If they want to treat people like customers and charge them over £600 a year, while the ground descends into a shit hole, the response should be one you'd expect from customer services, not someone coming out with 'you're trying to score points on Twitter' - imagine any other company saying that to you after a Trip Advisor or Twitter review.

There's no way I'd have let him speak to me like that.

He's got a fucking cheek with that 'point scoring' bollocks. If they want to treat people like customers and charge them over £600 a year, while the ground descends into a shit hole, the response should be one you'd expect from customer services, not someone coming out with 'you're trying to score points on Twitter' - imagine any other company saying that to you after a Trip Advisor or Twitter review.

:thup: Asked a couple of pages ago if he was getting leeway on Twitter as he's a local, as people have been extremely cordial in response. If that was a pundit or more obvious Ashley stooge spouting the defensive bollocks he is they'd be rightly vilified. Seems to me like it's Ashley's 'didn't see it so its not my fault' attitude festering down to the staff. Even down to the point of 'well yes you told us, but tell us like this'.

Laughable that in the day and age of companies having dedicated customer service Twitters, apparently making club staff aware of issues via Twitter (because they don't listen via any other medium either) is just a case of trying to point score.

This is absolutely surreal :lol:

Stadium is visibly just plain dirty and classless even from a distance, and even if you squint but we're all just trolls trying to score internet points.

I bet he knows not the hell you would bestow upon his person.

That Lee Marshall needs to get off his high horse and stop being so defensive, like. He's flat out winding people up with his recent replies regarding the state of the stadium. What kind of an excuse is 'the same issues probably occur up and down the country', man?