St James' Park

Delima

7 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

They are a sports marketing company IIRC. 

“sporting event, hospitality and real estate company”

The guy that was on the promo vid when they were announced was saying something about the fanzone, although I forget exactly what now

1 hour ago, cubaricho said:

It’ll eventually be part of where SJP is now, when they move the stadium up the hill. 

Don't think they'll get that. If they do move up there, where SJP is now will need to be turned into "park land" so there is a trade off. However, wasn't there a story a little while back of the Rueben's buying the Barker and Stonehouse site ?

Any possibility Strawberry Place could close as a road and the stadium and the newly bought land just blend into 1 area? They close it for gigs for hours on end and people managed to navigate a different route, is it possible to do it permanently? 

19 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

People love The Shacks. Outdoor bollox n all

Never went in ,so can't comment except it looks fuckin awful on video. I know loads off the top of my head won't be going near any fanzone 

How many people got to those Platinum club beambacks does anybody know?

Was standing room only whenever I was there.

Was a surprisingly good experience, raw, basic - basically a massive pub with a live Toon match. Fanzones not so much by the looks of them and from experiencing that Euro'96 round the corner from SJP, which at least smelt like beer due to the breweries.

7 hours ago, Stifler said:

I haven’t watched the video, mostly because I find that the people who do it, usually take something from an article, and come up with an answer that’s nowhere near.

Anyway, here’s my 2 cents.

I feel like you have touched on the need for a fanzone in regards to FFP. Having a fanzone where shirts are sold, food and beverages etc would increase our income, especially if it can be used outside of match days and in addition to having match going fans, we also have fans outside watching the match (where applicable).

On top of this, if we are extending or rebuilding SJP, then they will likely be wanting to host events, such as Champions League finals, and I’m guessing they will use it as pressure to take the FA Cup semi-finals back to neutral venues. For UEFA and FIFA competition finals, you are required to have a fan park outside the stadium. Currently we already have mini fan parks, but having a dedicated permanent space allows us to one up our competitors. In the case of Euro’s or World Cup bids, it’s something over the SOL. I can see many reasons why we would be interested in a fan park, and I don’t think one reason alone would be the reason why we do. 

Iirc theres quite strict criteria to be classed as an UEFA elite category stadium to host UEFA Finals although capacity wise we would be ok there is loads of other stuff 

Looks at stuff like minimum size of pitch, the grass even needs testing in a UEFA laboratory, 

VIP parking, control rooms, size of pitch, floodlighting, sizes of dressing rooms, hospitality areas, PA system (ha), size of press conference rooms and media facilities etc

Search for UEFA category criteria and theres a document third down on google

1 minute ago, NUFC said:

Iirc theres quite strict criteria to be classed as an UEFA elite category stadium to host UEFA Finals although capacity wise we would be ok there is loads of other stuff 

Looks at stuff like minimum size of pitch, the grass even needs testing in a UEFA laboratory, 

VIP parking, control rooms, size of pitch, floodlighting, sizes of dressing rooms, hospitality areas, PA system (ha), size of press conference rooms and media facilities etc

If we are building a new stadium, rebuilding, or doing a full refurbishment, there is no reason why we can’t achieve it.

38 minutes ago, Holloway said:

Never went in ,so can't comment except it looks fuckin awful on video. I know loads off the top of my head won't be going near any fanzone 

It will be rammed with the younger generation of fans, who drink on the Bigg Market/Gate/Collingwood Street on a Saturday night. The old farts will continue to drink in Haymarket/St Andrew’s Street.

11 minutes ago, Wandy said:

It will be rammed with the younger generation of fans, who drink on the Bigg Market/Gate/Collingwood Street on a Saturday night. The old farts will continue to drink in Haymarket/St Andrew’s Street.

It will be aimed at tourists and day trippers. Not young radgies

1 hour ago, midds said:

Any possibility Strawberry Place could close as a road and the stadium and the newly bought land just blend into 1 area? They close it for gigs for hours on end and people managed to navigate a different route, is it possible to do it permanently? 

Think I read or heard it has to remain open for emergency services.

27 minutes ago, NUFC said:

UEFA got any criteria for artic access? That is the key question.

1 minute ago, jack j said:

It will be aimed at tourists and day trippers. Not young radgies

It will be aimed at the TikTok generation and those who aren’t steeped in decades-old match going habits….be they locals or out of towners. And not everyone out on a Saturday in town is a radgie you know. :lol:

5 hours ago, pedro111 said:

UEFA got any criteria for artic access? That is the key question.

I would like to see uefa test soil samples and even the circumference of worms. That is also on the list of important issues that need addressed A-SAP

7 hours ago, NUFC said:

Looks at stuff like minimum size of pitch, the grass even needs testing in a UEFA laboratory

Can just picture UEFA officials calling from their plush offices in Switzerland: "Listen, our lab tests have come back and I'm afraid your grass isn't up to standard. For the right money, I'm sure we can find a solution..."

46 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Spurs are building a high rise hotel next to their stadium.

Contractors will be falling over themselves to be involved it that if Levy is managing it, he was just signing blank cheques when the stadium was late in getting finished towards the end. Contractors were rinsing him left right and centre and yhen doing Cocain fueled all nighters to get finished.

Just now, Ben said:

Contractors will be falling over themselves to be involved it that if Levy is managing it, he was just signing blank cheques when the stadium was late in getting finished towards the end. Contractors were rinsing him left right and centre and yhen doing Cocain fueled all nighters to get finished.

That whole project was subcontracted to death, hence why it was soo late and over budget.

Edited by El Prontonise

Assuming our fan zone will include food, drink, big screens and a massive fuck off club shop. High tech asf in design to mesh with our new ambitions and be very much a place where the club can hold activations and events with players, former players, etc. I’m assuming it’ll also include some “meeting/banquet” space for them to hold indoor events too and allow for it to be booked by locals and be useful for other sport events too

There's a fairly regular complaint in the Match Atmosphere thread about the same two or three songs being repeated over and over.

Personally I think that part of the issue is away games essentially being a closed shop these days but a fan zone could help - songs/chants on the big screen, a decent DJ/MC keeping things ticking along. It might be a bit cringey but there'll be plenty who are after exactly that sort of thing and it could help the atmosphere inside the ground too.

4 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Assuming our fan zone will include food, drink, big screens and a massive fuck off club shop. High tech asf in design to mesh with our new ambitions and be very much a place where the club can hold activations and events with players, former players, etc. I’m assuming it’ll also include some “meeting/banquet” space for them to hold indoor events too and allow for it to be booked by locals and be useful for other sport events too

Is there any indication that the fanzone will be permanent? 

I would guess that the things you've mentioned would be integrated into the expansion whenever that would happen which obviously is in the long term bracket?

Unless there is enough space to develop the gallowgate behind the fanzone. 

The reason is that I'm thinking the new gallowgate will be a huge superstructure and eat up a huge piece of land