St James' Park: "NEWCASTLE UNITED" lettering on East Stand roof being replaced (Official)

Delima

1 hour ago, Orphanage said:

Flatten Leazes park . Build new stadium . Flatten old stadium . Build new park . 

As a member of LPAA may I just stick up for my fish and fishing...its a fantastic park and lake as it is...this will happen over several dead bodies.

I'd be in favour of this kind of thing but instead of the gap between the two stands they can build two massive metal Magpies perched atop it looming down over the pitch. I suppose they could also install some sort of flamethrowers in their mouths as people liked those so much last time we had them.

images(3).jpeg.2889b48e114f749fd74d6e49e750141b.jpeg

images(2).jpeg.bff5a4d1f34701171c73682903b4329d.jpeg

If they’re going to rebuild the Gallowgate it does need to be same height as level 7, however it needs a very different layout such as a single tier to preserve the atmosphere. 

Edited by Whitley mag

11 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

If they’re going to rebuild the Gallowgate it does need to be same height as level 7, however it needs a very different layout such as a single tier to preserve the atmosphere. 

It certainly can't go any higher then level 7, I don't think the council would approve it! When you think pitch level is up above shearers bar, gallowgate level 7 would probably be the tallest stand in the world from strawberry place point of view. 

It needs to be the same level as milburn /leazes just for an aesthetic point of view, and I'd guess that the gallowgate and leazes would need to be similar structures to aid any development of the east stand. 

Was just thinking on Wednesday night looking around that SJP would look like one of the best stadiums in the world with an upgraded gallowgate. And.....I actually wouldn't want a full rap around the east stand if it was possible as it would become a generic bowl, but rather an upgraded east stand which still gives us that unique city view, maybe something fancy or unusually unique in the corners (eg giant screens/ san siro pillars)

47 minutes ago, Pancrate1892 said:

It certainly can't go any higher then level 7, I don't think the council would approve it! When you think pitch level is up above shearers bar, gallowgate level 7 would probably be the tallest stand in the world from strawberry place point of view. 

It needs to be the same level as milburn /leazes just for an aesthetic point of view, and I'd guess that the gallowgate and leazes would need to be similar structures to aid any development of the east stand. 

Was just thinking on Wednesday night looking around that SJP would look like one of the best stadiums in the world with an upgraded gallowgate. And.....I actually wouldn't want a full rap around the east stand if it was possible as it would become a generic bowl, but rather an upgraded east stand which still gives us that unique city view, maybe something fancy or unusually unique in the corners (eg giant screens/ san siro pillars)

Looks like the East stand will have to contain a lot of glass, so a big window similar to those in Atlanta and Minnesota’s stadiums would probably look very futuristic.

Edited by Whitley mag

1 hour ago, Whitley mag said:

Do you mean the extension being single tier or the entire stand ?

If they do extend the Gallowgate to the height of level 7, I just cannot see it being a single stand sadly. One of the pros of paying for an expansion will be for more corporate areas, which wouldn’t be possible if they had a single tiered stand unfortunately. 

1 minute ago, Danh1 said:

Imagine a stand the height of level 7, all safe standing, one tier. Incredible. 

I’m sure before Liverpool redeveloped Anfield the new stadium they planned to build in Stanley Park had different stands and one big Kop end similar to the Spurs one. 

I’d hope they’d concentrate any further corporate in the East Stand and make the Gallowgate all general admission.

4 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

I’m sure before Liverpool redeveloped Anfield the new stadium they planned to build in Stanley Park had different stands and one big Kop end similar to the Spurs one. 

I’d hope they’d concentrate any further corporate in the East Stand and make the Gallowgate all general admission.

I've heard a rumour that they are even thinking of expanding back over from the Leazes for more corporate and better concourse space etc. Wouldn't increase seating capacity but better space for people to spend their money pre game etc

Whats equally as crucial, is that they upgrade the actual facilities of the stadium.

They players home and away need new dressing rooms, warm up areas. It's not fit for purpose, that means a remodelling of that whole area. The tunnel area needs expanding too.

On the other hand, we don't have to go down that route, but it's what modern stadiums have.

1 minute ago, STM said:

Whats equally as crucial, is that they upgrade the actual facilities of the stadium.

They players home and away need new dressing rooms, warm up areas. It's not fit for purpose, that means a remodelling of that whole area. The tunnel area needs expanding too.

On the other hand, we don't have to go down that route, but it's what modern stadiums have.

Why do away players need good facilities from out point of view?

It be interesting if someone could set it up a poll about moving nearby or remaining but the added caveat that do you have a ST already or access to one regularly.

Would imagine the ones that don’t would be more open to a new stadium.

I absolutely don't want to move and don't have a ST. Stay where we are.

I'm fairly convinced that the club have been encouraged by the possibility of expansion. If we can get anywhere around the 65k mark, we've hit the sweet spot IMO.

St James Park is Newcastle United.

31 minutes ago, madras said:

That would mean shutting the stand for at least a season.

That's why it won't happen. They'll build the second tier from behind, up and over. 

Take the roof of eventually. 

I'd say the corporate areas sandwiched is the main reason they want to do it, that way they can justify the outlay 

Massive, massive ‘if’, but if SJP is redeveloped then I’d be surprised if the East Stand wasn’t completely demolished for a new build stand.

I don’t give a shite about moving, but any move should it occur needs to be a city centre location.  The ground is not the club. 

38 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

One option is making the East Stand like La Bombonera with all of the exec boxes on that side.

That would allow the single stand configuration in the Gallowgate.