St James' Park

Delima

6 minutes ago, SteV said:

Just by putting a geet massive tablecloth underneath them and dragging them back a bit.

Aye, then they are going back for St James’ Terrace, and shifting that to Richardson Road. Then once they have done that, they are going to the Civic centre and spinning that around 360 degrees, just fucking because.

Edited by Stifler

19 minutes ago, Wandy said:

Quite ironic, considering he has stated adamantly on his other previous videos that this kind of thing could never & would never happen. :lol:

Would also make a lot of people on here eat humble pie as it routinely became the in-joke to sarcastically mention it.

Realistically, it's the only viable way of getting SJP properly expanded. And by moving the terrace, I imagine it would give the option of an even bigger expansion down the line. Maybe one day we will actually see that Level 7 full-bowl mock-up come to life?

:lol: class, I'm famished. Do make sure mine comes with a dollop of whipped cream.

31 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Aye, then they are going back for St James’ Terrace, and shifting that to Richardson Road. Then once they have done that, they are going to the Civic centre and spinning that around 360 degrees, just fucking because.

😂

16 minutes ago, Sima said:

Bloke’s a wanker.

Yeah, he's definitely disappearing up his own backside with each passing video. Still quite like the channel, but it's quite staggering how he casually dismisses other people's theories but puts forward his own as somehow more authentic.

A member of the city council has leaked the plans :spit:

More like a member of the city council has leaked a massive dose of acid into Tyneside Life’s morning brew 

I managed 30 seconds of that moron’s drivel and then had to switch off

Edited by bobbydazzla

1 hour ago, pedro111 said:

Tyneside life reckons there are proposals afoot to move Leazes terrace back 80m to where the tennis courts are now.

That was MY idea!!

..I talked about this to anyone who would listen ages ago and I wasn't being entirely serious.

It would be mint if it turns out the tennis courts are listed too because they were the first of their kind in Britain or something. 

Also, might just be a technicality, and I'm not one to piss on anyone's parade but even from a very quick glance I get the impression that there's nowhere near enough room to just casually slide Leazes Terrace back a wee bit. 

9 minutes ago, number37 said:

It would be mint if it turns out the tennis courts are listed too because they were the first of their kind in Britain or something. 

Also, might just be a technicality, and I'm not one to piss on anyone's parade but even from a very quick glance I get the impression that there's nowhere near enough room to just casually slide Leazes Terrace back a wee bit. 

They are, together with the rest of the park https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1000550?section=official-list-entry

34 minutes ago, number37 said:

Leazes Terrace is actually an enormous structure. I don't think people even realise it's an entire rectangular block not just a single front/back street. Then take into account the fact that the park and Leazes Crescent are both Grade II listed, and there's hundreds of mature trees. There'd be nothing left of it all by the time you were finished. The age old 'take it to Beamish' joke is genuinely a more reasonable suggestion.

There's no doubt that the club has the money and means to do it. Demolishing and rebuilding stuff in fascimile isn't even particularly difficult. But it doesn't mean they'd ever get consent to do so.

The club will be focusing on what they can do with St James Terrace as that is the more immediate, and more surpassable barrier. Along with what they can do with the metro to extend the Gallowgate.

Edited by ponsaelius

Just now, ponsaelius said:

Leazes Terrace is actually an enormous structure. I don't think people even realise it's an entire rectangular block not just a single street front/back street. Then take into account the fact that the park and Leazes Crescent are both Grade II listed, and there's hundreds of mature trees. There'd be nothing left of it all by the time you were finished. The age old 'take it to Beamish' joke is genuinely a more reasonable suggestion.

There's no doubt that the club has the money and means to do it. Demolishing and rebuilding stuff in fascimile isn't even particularly difficult. But it doesn't mean they'd ever get consent to do so.

The club will be focusing on what they can do with St James Terrace as that is the more immediate, and more surpassable barrier. Along with what they can do with the metro to extend the Gallowgate.

Also, there are probably over 100 different owners and no matter how much money they throw at people there will always be one or two who will refuse to sell their homes. Even if the council were to agree to undertake a compulsory purchase that is not a quick and easy process or guaranteed to go through.

They're just going to keep moving everything vaguely south east, I heard. All the buildings and the roads, everything. River Tyne, the lot. The unfortunate outcome is that Sunderland will end up in the North Sea but it may solve their catchment area issues at least

Hosting Euro 2028 is a bit of an irritance tbh in terms of timing. I think you're going to be pushed to get work completed before then, while starting any work after that puts it years down the road.

Hopefully we sack it off if necessary to get the stadium expanded.

9 minutes ago, Orphanage said:

Touchy little twat isnt he ?

IMG_3968.thumb.jpeg.dad0c1560de0fef986c532db6b1200af.jpegIMG_3969.thumb.jpeg.ae0b394e79b79b43a3fe1caff57eb4df.jpegk

Yeah, goes to the trouble of "exclusively" announcing that a committee is discussing the viability of moving the terrace, then finishes off by saying it will could never/will never happen. So why would there be such a committee at all then?

He made the video so he could claim some ITK credit if it ever happens. Trouble is he will look a bit of a tit if it does.