St James' Park

Delima

34 minutes ago, Toon No9 said:

I understand it takes time to build theese things. But i thought they would be quicker to make decitions. The infrastructure of stadium and trainingcentre doesn't have to take 10 years.

I did expect them to get some decitions made so we could get the ball rolling by now.

Just because you haven't heard that things are happening, doesn't mean things aren't happening. Things are happening.

1 hour ago, Keegans Export said:

Just because you haven't heard that things are happening, doesn't mean things aren't happening. Things are happening.

People were saying this re the SD position the day before we appointed Mitchell. Think one day we are going to get an out of the blue huge update.

4 hours ago, Keegans Export said:

So what's exactly happening then?

5 hours ago, Toon No9 said:

What's happening with the expansion of SJP(or to build a new stadium)?

And what's happening with the new state of the art training centre?

It's soon 3 years since the takeover and no desition has been made yet on either. I thought they would work at a higher pace with theese questions.

Probably read everything on here and thought let's not bother 

Posted (edited)

Bet they haven’t even bothered painting it either. 🤬

Edited by Doc
Feckin autocorrect.

8 hours ago, Toon No9 said:

What's happening with the expansion of SJP(or to build a new stadium)?

Nothing's happening, and what's more every time anyone asks about it they actually remove 3 seats from the current capacity.

8 hours ago, Toon No9 said:

Soon 3 years since the takeover and no desition has been made yet on either. I thought they would work at a higher pace with theese questions.

You could even argue 4 or 5 years, as the had all that time before they were approved by the Premier League to look into infrastructure developments. 

FSG bought Liverpool in October of 2010. Henry announced in early 2011 they wanted to stay at Anfield. It wasn't until April of 2014 that plans were released for the redevelopment of the Main Stand. Work began at the end of 2014.

That's despite 1) an entire design and agreement for a new stadium being readily available (i.e. there was a known alternative); 2) FSG already having done this exact thing with Fenway Park in Boston; 3) Liverpool buying up land around the stadium beginning in 2000, a decade before FSG even showed up.

Mike Ashley sat on his hands for 14 years. Actually, that's not true - he sold land around the stadium, actively making this more difficult. I don't even know what's real or fake angst in this thread anymore, but people really need some patience.

17 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

FSG bought Liverpool in October of 2010. Henry announced in early 2011 they wanted to stay at Anfield. It wasn't until April of 2014 that plans were released for the redevelopment of the Main Stand. Work began at the end of 2014.

That's despite 1) an entire design and agreement for a new stadium being readily available (i.e. there was a known alternative); 2) FSG already having done this exact thing with Fenway Park in Boston; 3) Liverpool buying up land around the stadium beginning in 2000, a decade before FSG even showed up.

Mike Ashley sat on his hands for 14 years. Actually, that's not true - he sold land around the stadium, actively making this more difficult. I don't even know what's real or fake angst in this thread anymore, but people really need some patience.

Agree 100% on being patient, there's no other alternative. The only point I'd mention in relation to FSG is that they haven't got the deep pockets PIF have, if they really want to flex they will flex and shit will just get done quicker

43 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

Agree 100% on being patient, there's no other alternative. The only point I'd mention in relation to FSG is that they haven't got the deep pockets PIF have, if they really want to flex they will flex and shit will just get done quicker

Yeah, part of that FSG timeline was securing funding and a lot of Liverpool City Council negotiations related to development outside the ground. But our financial situation isn't as simple as PIF writing a £600m check either.

SJP needs to get ready for the next Euros. Surely we'll need to start doing something soon if there are any plans to upgrade or build somewhere else? 4 years ain't that long.

Or we can just keep it how it is (or however it will look like after anither 4 years).

1 hour ago, nufcjb said:

SJP needs to get ready for the next Euros. Surely we'll need to start doing something soon if there are any plans to upgrade or build somewhere else? 4 years ain't that long.

Or we can just keep it how it is (or however it will look like after anither 4 years).

We’ll spend the next 4 years doing fans surveys, coming up with proposed designs/plans, and going through the panning process.

If SJP is being rebuilt or worked on, then the wrecking ball will be ready to go as soon as the Euro’s are over. That is if option C isn’t used.

I had a walk around the entire stadium yesterday with a friend who was visiting from abroad. Fucking hell the exterior of the car park behind the Leazes end is in a shambolic state. Scruffy as fuck and green stains all over the place, it was actually pretty embarrassing to witness. The place needs a massive, massive exterior upgrade at the very least as the whole stadium just looks generally tired & dated.

47 minutes ago, Wandy said:

I had a walk around the entire stadium yesterday with a friend who was visiting from abroad. Fucking hell the exterior of the car park behind the Leazes end is in a shambolic state. Scruffy as fuck and green stains all over the place, it was actually pretty embarrassing to witness. The place needs a massive, massive exterior upgrade at the very least as the whole stadium just looks generally tired & dated.

I think the change in boardroom increases the chances of us moving, it will be much more about the bottom line and zero emotion involved now.

I think in many ways a hard nosed approach to the club is needed on many fronts to make us winners going forward.

1 hour ago, Whitley mag said:

I think the change in boardroom increases the chances of us moving, it will be much more about the bottom line and zero emotion involved now.

I think in many ways a hard nosed approach to the club is needed on many fronts to make us winners going forward.

completely agree with this, PIF i think would want a completely new showcase stadium...