St James' Park

Delima

2 hours ago, Rich said:

Hope that’s Hey Jude binned off for good pre-game and Back In Black is here to stay.

My thoughts too. Shame it made an appearance at full time but step in the right direction. Just that piss poor Blaydon Races to bin off next. 

5 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Already had one. :lol: Thought it was average. Had a look around on Thursday. Plastic cups, slightly overpriced scran when you have cheaper, better alternatives in walking distance.

I'll not be a regular. Definitely not on a matchday.

Interesting that my cousin had a glass and he still said it was shite.

I'd rather support the other independent pubs etc in town.

1 hour ago, OpenC said:

Moving to Castle Leazes wouldn't be the end of the world for me :)

This is what I'm saying though, I find it hard to believe they'll go so far as saying We Want To Build On Leazes Park Or Castle Leazes without already having sorted it - I just don't see them making the mistake of going public then being beaten by the Fenham Grass Fanciers Brigade like what happened last time.  If it's as imminent as they're making it sound, I would have thought that public consultation would already be done and out of the way but I just don't see how it could be done and kept quiet. 

The other scenario of course is that it's not actually that imminent :lol:

Personally what I'm expecting soon is the result of the feasibility study rather than an actual detailed plan. So it'd be more like "The best option is to build a new stadium elsewhere so we're going to start the process of looking at options" rather than "Look at this fancy new stadium we're going to build on Leazes Park!"

2 hours ago, 54 said:

How much money do we think Stack is going to be making us each matchday when you take away costs? £50k? £100k? 

There are a canny few people in that place 3 hours before kick off, and I imagine it'll be the same afterwards, god forbid we play a Saturday tea time game :lol: 

Do you mean profit?

20k I'd say.  There's a reason why pubs are shutting left, right and center everywhere.  Margins are tiny.

Feel dirty as just watched that Adam Pearson video. Actually think the Stack could be genius for getting new chants going, similar to what the Micky Mousers and Man Utd do, get everyone together somewhere like that and get the chants going. 

17 minutes ago, El Prontonise said:

Interesting that my cousin had a glass and he still said it was shite.

I'd rather support the other independent pubs etc in town.

Aye, was a plastic cup. Really sturdy like, if you threw it at someone's head it'd have done some damage. :lol: The pint itself was just okay. But I reckon I'll only ever go in that Stack early afternoon-ish on a non matchday or through the week for some bait during or after graft if its open. Would likewise much rather stay at my usual matchday spots.

I never really liked the old Stack at the bottom of Northumberland Street tbph. Enormous queues to get in especially on a Saturday, pricey bait, overpriced pints in plastic and was seemingly full of Geordie Shore wannabes to the point where it felt like a scrap could kick off at any minute. Nicht für mich.

Edited by HaydnNUFC

Fag packet maths.

They sold 38,000 pints first weekend?

Profit margins average is 40%. £6.50 a pint, £2.60 profit = £98,800

Thats on pints alone, cocktails and food to be factored in. No idea what the arrangements are in terms of rent, staffing costs for 120 people too. You’d like to think £50k+ profit a weekend though. Total punt like. 

1 minute ago, Superior Acuña said:

Enjoyed that. Pet Shop Boys, The Animals at half time too - enjoyed the geordie music.

Aye - cut down on the 12 minutes of birthday messages and played music. Decent. 

3 minutes ago, Elliottman said:

Fag packet maths.

Thats on pints alone, cocktails and food to be factored in. No idea what the arrangements are in terms of rent, staffing costs for 120 people too. You’d like to think £50k+ profit a weekend though. Total punt like. 

I can almost guarantee you they will be paying between £1 & £1.40 per pint from brewery £1 for carling types of lager (no idea if they offer that) & circa £1.40 “premium” lagers / beers 

At £6.50 a pint they that’s proper money gross, I own pubs and this is on average what we pay from coors, LWC et for draught, should imagine NUFC’s volume would enable them to buy at much better prices that I do.

10 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Aye, was a plastic cup. Really sturdy like, if you threw it at someone's head it'd have done some damage. :lol: The pint itself was just okay. But I reckon I'll only ever go in that Stack early afternoon-ish on a non matchday or through the week for some bait during or after graft if its open. Would likewise much rather stay at my usual matchday spots.

I never really liked the old Stack at the bottom of Northumberland Street tbph. Enormous queues to get in especially on a Saturday, pricey bait, overpriced pints in plastic and was seemingly full of Geordie Shore wannabes to the point where it felt like a scrap could kick off at any minute. Nicht für mich.

What was the one under the bridge Gateshead side? Always decent enough when I went there and never mad busy. Tokens for your beer and food was annoying, mind. 

10 minutes ago, RUHRLYASLEEVESUP said:

I can almost guarantee you they will be paying between £1 & £1.40 per pint from brewery £1 for carling types of lager (no idea if they offer that) & circa £1.40 “premium” lagers / beers 

At £6.50 a pint they that’s proper money gross, I own pubs and this is on average what we pay from coors, LWC et for draught, should imagine NUFC’s volume would enable them to buy at much better prices that I do.

Even better then haha 

21 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

What was the one under the bridge Gateshead side? Always decent enough when I went there and never mad busy. Tokens for your beer and food was annoying, mind. 

Nah, the one at the top of Pilgrim Street/bottom of Northumberland Street. Where the new HMRC(?) offices are being built.

I've been to the one on the Gateshead side, assuming you mean By The River Brewing Co. Don't mind it there.

Edited by HaydnNUFC

39 minutes ago, Elliottman said:

Fag packet maths.

They don't make any profit on food for starters.

Those profit margins are ridiculous.  Vat, duty, staff costs.

Edited by El Prontonise

42 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Aye, I hated the old stack.  Terrible beer, service etc.

25 minutes ago, El Prontonise said:

They don't make any profit on food for starters.

Those profit margins are ridiculous.  Vat, duty, staff costs.

Be amazed if they are not making a profit on food offering tbh 

Vat at 20% (for now anyway) not sure what you mean by duty tbh the price we pay is nett of vat and paid at retail, staff and running costs is the killer your right, heat, light & power will take a chunk of it but fairly sure the lads will of done their maths prior to putting it up and any revenue / profit minus corporation tax (25% on nett profit) is a welcome plus & one if the few things the PL can’t influence / stop either the fuckers 

Edited by RUHRLYASLEEVESUP

6 hours ago, Danh1 said:

My thoughts too. Shame it made an appearance at full time but step in the right direction. Just that piss poor Blaydon Races to bin off next. 

'The Blaydon Races' should be played pre-match and at HT for me - but that fucking awful one with the drums get to fuck.

My preference would be a proper brass band doing it :) 

7 hours ago, Keegans Export said:

Personally what I'm expecting soon is the result of the feasibility study rather than an actual detailed plan. So it'd be more like "The best option is to build a new stadium elsewhere so we're going to start the process of looking at options" rather than "Look at this fancy new stadium we're going to build on Leazes Park!"

I kind of agree, except announcing a plan to leave SJP without a location and renderings will go down like a lead balloon.