St James' Park

Delima

49 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

I sat in the stadium he built - the one he gave to his and Shepherd’s construction firms for inflated prices, built by fans’ money, not his.  I watched the teams Keegan built, before Keegan was chased by Hall and Shepherd because of their greed in the club’s flotation.  I saw the money we’d poured in squandered by their bad decisions and sent as profit to his son sat in a Gibraltar tax haven.  And then I was still in that ground when Hall sold the club down the river to Mike Ashley.

Fuck Hall. 

I stood in that crumbling ground in the 80s and early 90s. I got soaked when it rained whilst watching some of the shittest players I've ever seen play for NUFC. I looked on as every talent we developed was sold as soon as an offer came in. I despaired as we hurtled towards division 3 and total oblivion.

Hall came in. Nobody else would touch us with a barge pole lets not forget. He brought in Keegan. We then went on the have the best few years I've ever had as a Newcastle fan. 92/93 to 95/96 was just magical. The football was on another planet to what I'd ever seen before.  I watched as SJP, which was an embarrassment of a football ground, was transformed into one of the best arenas in Europe. We celebrated as we broke the World transfer record to bring Alan Shearer home. We played in the UEFA Cup, then we played in the Champions League, just a few years after nearly being in Division 3.

Great times. The best times I've had in my 40+ years as a supporter. Thanks to Sir John Hall. That's why I'll never say a bad word against him.

9 minutes ago, Wallsendmag said:

I stood in that crumbling ground in the 80s and early 90s. I got soaked when it rained whilst watching some of the shittest players I've ever seen play for NUFC. I looked on as every talent we developed was sold as soon as an offer came in. I despaired as we hurtled towards division 3 and total oblivion.

Hall came in. Nobody else would touch us with a barge pole lets not forget. He brought in Keegan. We then went on the have the best few years I've ever had as a Newcastle fan. 92/93 to 95/96 was just magical. The football was on another planet to what I'd ever seen before.  I watched as SJP, which was an embarrassment of a football ground, was transformed into one of the best arenas in Europe. We celebrated as we broke the World transfer record to bring Alan Shearer home. We played in the UEFA Cup, then we played in the Champions League, just a few years after nearly being in Division 3.

Great times. The best times I've had in my 40+ years as a supporter. Thanks to Sir John Hall. That's why I'll never say a bad word against him.

I completely respect your position WM - I can also remember the years before 1992. 

I can’t agree re Hall, but know why plenty will share your view 

5 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

I completely respect your position WM - I can also remember the years before 1992. 

I can’t agree re Hall, but know why plenty will share your view 

Honestly mate I know he walked away with a lot more than he put in, which upsets a lot of people, but he did that because he totally transformed the football club and we were unrecognisable from the club he took over to the club he left. 

Same reason I'll always love Amanda Staveley. She's made a tidy penny out of NUFC no doubt but again left the club in far better shape than she found it so for me she deserves every penny she's walked away with.

35 minutes ago, ExiledGeordie said:

Feel like particularly after this piss poor window there needs some clarity on St James park moving forwards and the training ground situation. 

Seems like a strange move to put Brad Miller out to do press duties the other week if there wasn't something imminent? That's why I'm assuming there's an announcement of some kind very soon.

4 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

It's a generalisation admittedly, so apologies if you took the poppy part as being an assumption about you personally, but I still think the first part about wanting to ignore it holds up. Politics is already everywhere in football, it's unavoidable.

Just don't watch the news and I wouldn't let it bother you so much. Life is to short 

4 hours ago, Wallsendmag said:

This is reality. I'm not asking for people to kiss his feet, but the whole 'fuck off racist cunt shit' is embarrassing'

When did we become such an ungrateful bunch of cunts?

Mile Ashley....fire away, but the difference is fuckin chalk and cheese. One built something and allowed us to dream (whatever his political bullshit party is etc) and the other basically raped the fuck out the place and wiped his cock on the curtain on the way out 

1 minute ago, Pancrate1892 said:

This is reality. I'm not asking for people to kiss his feet, but the whole 'fuck off racist cunt shit' is embarrassing'

When did we become such an ungrateful bunch of cunts?

Mile Ashley....fire away, but the difference is fuckin chalk and cheese. One built something and allowed us to dream (whatever his political bullshit party is etc) and the other basically raped the fuck out the place and wiped his cock on the curtain on the way out 

The reality to me is that people would be very happy for Hall to be given permission to film a biopic at SJP. Despite his political beliefs, or his reasons for taking us on, he did turn the club around. There is a massive difference between doing that though, and using the opportunity to endorse a man who has taken a big role on being divisive for a party who have racist and classist policies in a city and football club where the population and fans have suffered heavily from such policies, and are increasingly becoming diverse. All the more that he has apparently done it under false pretences, he knew he would have been refused permission to do that, and it wouldn’t sit well with a lot of people.