St James' Park

Delima

3 hours ago, Skjaere9 said:

Can confirm. If you weren’t up at 4am Pacific Standard Time to watch Claudio Caçapa shit his pants against Portsmouth, you haven’t earned a seat at that table. 

waking up at god awful hours to see us be down 5-0 before kickoff in the pardew days away to anybody was stuff of dreams. 

paying pay per view money on setanta sports on direct tv to see a 12 min Michael Owen hat trick versus us is also the real litmus test. 

1 hour ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

As if that FAB means anything to Yasser [emoji38]

Telling the crown prince you’re not building a £1,000,000,000 stadium because Natalie from New York didn't fancy it. :lol: 

3 minutes ago, NSG said:

Telling the crown prince you’re not building a £1,000,000,000 stadium because Natalie from New York didn't fancy it. :lol: 

:D 

Agreed on the FAB board being as diverse and range of opinions/bg's as it gives the most viewpoints, but some fucker who jumped on the bandwagon can GTF. 

And aye, they'll do what they want, speaking with FAB will be one of those nice to have formalities where it looks like people have been consulted but in reality, its a box ticking exercise. 

Without giving details, Howe mentioned about the new training ground and stadium. What I found interesting though was that he mentioned new stadium first before stating redevelopment of St James'. Maybe nothing of course

1 minute ago, et tu brute said:

Without giving details, Howe mentioned about the new training ground and stadium. What I found interesting though was that he mentioned new stadium first before stating redevelopment of St James'. Maybe nothing of course

I watched his press conference on the app and I had the exact same thought! He mentioned a new stadium when talking about getting to the top and then seemed to realise and then quickly added 'or redevelopment'. We could be just getting paranoid like :lol:

11 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

I won't say exactly what, but, putting a few things together, I have a strong feeling that a decision has been made to go for a new stadium at Castle Leazes and the process of working towalds that is underway.

Not really ITK by the way, just putting together a few things I've heard and picked up,. I might be completely wrong.

5 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

I won't say exactly what, but, putting a few things together, I have a strong feeling that a decision has been made to go for a new stadium at Castle Leazes and the process of working towalds that is underway.

Not really ITK by the way, just putting together a few things I've heard and picked up,. I might be completely wrong.

What kind of space is available at Castle Leazes? Big enough for a Spurs size stadium or big enough for a Etihad style campus?

6 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

Didn't even know that a new stadium was possible at Castle Leazes with all the planning permission palaver from the last time, but that would be the ideal outcome for me.

2 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

What kind of space is available at Castle Leazes? Big enough for a Spurs size stadium or big enough for a Etihad style campus?

Have a google.  There's plenty of green space which is just grazing land at the moment, and the old student digs are closed too.

Not even sure the little TA/Army thing is in use either.  Plenty of potential space and would leave Leazes Park untouched too.  

Surely the biggest carrot we can dangle is SJP turning into parkland and serving as a walkway to the stadium.

Of course, the more likely scenario is there's shitloads of commercial popped on it.

1 minute ago, Jack27 said:

I think any stadium development would have to involve at least part of Leazes Park. I doubt there's enough room on there alone for an Etihad Campus.

I just want to stress, I don't know anything definitinve, it's just an educated guess.

5 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

I think any stadium development would have to involve at least part of Leazes Park. I doubt there's enough room on there alone for an Etihad Campus.

I just want to stress, I don't know anything definitinve, it's just an educated guess.

Appreciate it. I had a walk around the Etihad yesterday and it’s impressive to say the least, the new addition is going to make it incredible in my opinion. 

If we can get anything close to that level, without the training ground, I would be over the moon

11 minutes ago, Sima said:

Surely the biggest carrot we can dangle is SJP turning into parkland and serving as a walkway to the stadium.

Of course, the more likely scenario is there's shitloads of commercial popped on it.

Adding in ownership and upkeep of the park too, make it a place which is nice to go to again. Currently a bit of a shit tip

12 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

Would be interesting to know what specific information has led to that educated guess? Presumably if it's nothing concrete then nobody is getting in trouble if that information is out there...

7 minutes ago, TRon said:

Didn't even know that a new stadium was possible at Castle Leazes with all the planning permission palaver from the last time, but that would be the ideal outcome for me.

It never reached a conclusion, the Council were likely to approve it but the club abandoned the application when it was called in by the government to be determined by inquiry.

That shouldn't be confused with the likes of the Covid public inquiry, planning inquiries are commonplace. These every chance it could have been successful and could have run alongside the application for expansion, the club just threw in the towel.

3 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

It never reached a conclusion, the Council were likely to approve it but the club abandoned the application when it was called in by the government to be determined by inquiry.

That shouldn't be confused with the likes of the Covid public inquiry, planning inquiries are commonplace. These every chance it could have been successful and could have run alongside the application for expansion, the club just threw in the towel.

I'm surprised at that tbh, John Hall always made plenty of noise about ambition, maybe he just got cold feet at the cost of it all in the end.

6 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

Would be interesting to know what specific information has led to that educated guess? Presumably if it's nothing concrete then nobody is getting in trouble if that information is out there...

I don't want to take that chance, most of the hints are out there if you look for them though. Eddie's 'slip' added to that.

Edited by Jackie Broon