St James' Park

Delima

9 minutes ago, Dr Venkman said:

I understand your point but I don’t agree that it disqualifies someone from holding that position. Of course there will be plenty of people (most of them on this board) more qualified for the position, but I don’t think calling her a yank etc is good craic TBH, let’s be welcoming.

I don't have an issue with an American lass on the FAB at all, if anything I'd encourage more representation of fans from abroad.

However, having someone who literally supported another club up until the takeover? And we're not talking some 8-year-old kid buying a Barca top on holiday in Spain, this is the sort of "fan" who would quite possibly jump ship again if the wheels came off in the future. Then we've got an Arsenal/Liverpool/whoever fan on Newcastle United's Fan Advisory Board - advising the club on behalf of the fans on key decisions that will shape the future of the club we (and many others around the globe) will support until the day we die. 

Personal insults, giving her grief in person or on social media etc is not on, but it's a poor call having her on the FAB.

2 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

I don't have an issue with an American lass on the FAB at all, if anything I'd encourage more representation of fans from abroad.

However, having someone who literally supported another club up until the takeover? And we're not talking some 8-year-old kid buying a Barca top on holiday in Spain, this is the sort of "fan" who would quite possibly jump ship again if the wheels came off in the future. Then we've got an Arsenal/Liverpool/whoever fan on Newcastle United's Fan Advisory Board - advising the club on behalf of the fans on key decisions that will shape the future of the club we (and many others around the globe) will support until the day we die. 

Personal insults, giving her grief in person or on social media etc is not on, but it's a poor call having her on the FAB.

No one on the FAB will have any effect on key decisions. Honestly wouldn’t let it take up any of your time thinking about it.

Unless of course you think confectionery and HT entertainment are key decisions [emoji38]

4 hours ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

Where do you draw the line though? Would you be happy if a lass from Kinshasha declared herself a Newcastle fan last week and was appointed to a fan advisory board next week where she was asked about the long term future of the club? It makes no sense to involve people with no history in these types of decisions when you've got thousands of better options dotted all over the globe. The issue isn't that she's American at all.

I’d draw the line at people who expressed an interest TBH. She hasn’t appointed herself, any ire should be directed at the club without resorting to personal insults. It’s shit craic.

7 hours ago, nufcjb said:

I just watched and read about the Oakland Athletics baseball team playing their last game at the stadium that has been their home for half a century because their owner is moving them to Vegas, 550 miles away. 

What's the furthest loaction away tbat we as fans can accept should we need to build a new stadium? Obviously, Castle Leazes or the Arena site is the most preferred choice should we have to move. Staying at the current location would be the no.1 choice ofcourse but a major upgrade needs to be done.

But other than that?

Plenty of people on here have said the Arena site would be too far away from the city centre to be acceptable

Which is nuts, when you think that with a decent strength Northerly wind I could hockle from the top of the Gallowgate western steps and it’d land near the arena 

Edited by bobbydazzla

1 minute ago, bobbydazzla said:

Plenty of people on here have said the Arena site would be too far away from the city centre to be acceptable

Which is nuts, when you think that with a decent strength Northerly wind I could hockle from the top of the Gallowgate western steps and it’d land near the arena 

I knew that was you :dave:

7 hours ago, Dr Venkman said:

I understand your point but I don’t agree that it disqualifies someone from holding that position. Of course there will be plenty of people (most of them on this board) more qualified for the position, but I don’t think calling her a yank etc is good craic TBH, let’s be welcoming.

She's a Chelsea fan who switched cos they stopped winning and we look like we might at some point.

No reason why any fan who's been following this club through thin and thinner should have any respect at all for her opinion on anything NUFC related. She'll jump ship to another club before long anyway.

8 hours ago, Dr Venkman said:

Bit disappointing reading stuff like this on here TBH, I thought we were better than this. She’s not been appointed CEO, she’s an international rep on a fan advisory board FFS. As far as I’m concerned anyone who wants to see the club do well is welcome.

Fair enough I was fairly aggressive with my wording. I have no issue with Americans or whoever wanting to enjoy the club, in fact I welcome it.

Issue is that she is on a board that has an impact on club decisions. She has no right to hold that position. The audacity of the woman for even thinking she deserves a say in anything of important regarding the club is mental. 

Edited by Danh1

3 hours ago, Dr Venkman said:

I’d draw the line at people who expressed an interest TBH. She hasn’t appointed herself, any ire should be directed at the club without resorting to personal insults. It’s shit craic.

She applied for the position. Clearly no self awareness. 

11 hours ago, nufcjb said:

I just watched and read about the Oakland Athletics baseball team playing their last game at the stadium that has been their home for half a century because their owner is moving them to Vegas, 550 miles away. 

I've never understood this kind of thing in American sports. Why not just start a new team in Vegas? I can't imagine being a lifelong Oakland A's fan and the team just upping sticks and moving to Vegas, it's completely bizarre. They aren't even going to Vegas straight away, they're going to Sacramento for 3 years first. 

1 hour ago, Wallsendmag said:

She's a Chelsea fan who switched cos they stopped winning and we look like we might at some point.

No reason why any fan who's been following this club through thin and thinner should have any respect at all for her opinion on anything NUFC related. She'll jump ship to another club before long anyway.

Where was the evidence for this?

26 minutes ago, Decky said:

I've never understood this kind of thing in American sports. Why not just start a new team in Vegas? I can't imagine being a lifelong Oakland A's fan and the team just upping sticks and moving to Vegas, it's completely bizarre. They aren't even going to Vegas straight away, they're going to Sacramento for 3 years first. 

They started out as the Philadelphia Athletics back in 1901. Then moved to Kansas for a few years before moving to Oakland. There are a shitload of teams that’s been moved around in North America.  

Count the number of modern footy fans getting that all important socials content 

Some of the camera holders didn’t move a muscle when the ball hit the back of the net. The mind boggles 

IMG-0453.png

IMG-0454.png

IMG-0459.png

Edited by bobbydazzla

8 minutes ago, bobbydazzla said:

Count the number of modern footy fans getting that all important socials content 

Some of the camera holders didn’t move a muscle when the ball hit the back of the net. The mind boggles 

IMG-0453.png

IMG-0454.png

IMG-0459.png

Pisses me off

On the subject of the modern fan. A steward tapped on my shoulder just before the penalty was taken and asked if I could sit down because there were some fans sitting in the fancy seats in the Leazes who couldn't see. Not sure why I was meant to sacrifice my own view of the penalty so they could stay seated.

13 minutes ago, bobbydazzla said:

IMG-0453.png

IMG-0454.png

IMG-0459.png

I’m in that first pic (just about).

And no, I was not a camera holder.

14 minutes ago, bobbydazzla said:

IMG-0453.png

IMG-0454.png

IMG-0459.png

Noticed this too. :anguish: Don’t really blame a tourist doing it but anyone else 

8 minutes ago, Huw Gib said:

On the subject of the modern fan. A steward tapped on my shoulder just before the penalty was taken and asked if I could sit down because there were some fans sitting in the fancy seats in the Leazes who couldn't see. Not sure why I was meant to sacrifice my own view of the penalty so they could stay seated.

I’d have politely asked the stewart to tell the people in the fancy seats to fuck right off 

Absolutely sickening can see me sacking the whole thing off, we’ve gone the same way as Man City and every other top club before we’ve even won owt.

Edited by Whitley mag

26 minutes ago, bobbydazzla said:

IMG-0453.png

IMG-0454.png

IMG-0459.png

Pathetic isn't it.  I've never even thought of getting my phone out whilst the game is ongoing.

14 minutes ago, Superior Acuña said:

Noticed this too. :anguish: Don’t really blame a tourist doing it but anyone else 

Anyone at SJP who isn’t in the away end, decides to watch us take a pelanty through their phone screen, then stands stock still when the ball hits the back of the net needs a lifetime ban from the ground. Tourist or not. 

Edited by bobbydazzla

There were people doing it at Sunderland away when Isak had the penalty.

More passion in my bellend for NUFC than a lot of the whoppers getting their grubby hands on tickets. 

This is why Natalie Noyes can get to fuck. 

Sat in the home end when we played Man U at Old Trafford last season. Three lads sat next to us were Doing Tik Tok’s then left after about 40 minutes.

The modern world is shit.

Edited by Rafalove