St James' Park

Delima

£5m a year then. Supports my point further.

Nice of Mr Branson to double our shirt deal i guess, Ashley must have done something right

Apologies, noticed The Telegraph and Marketing Magazine both suggested the shirt sponsorship deal is worth £10m a year...

Which means the £10m a year sponsorship money they claimed to be looking for is now covered - so they don't need to sell the naming rights.

Doesn't work like that you clown.

Guest Chubby Jason

Nice of Mr Branson to double our shirt deal i guess, Ashley must have done something right

Apologies, noticed The Telegraph and Marketing Magazine both suggested the shirt sponsorship deal is worth £10m a year...

Which means the £10m a year sponsorship money they claimed to be looking for is now covered - so they don't need to sell the naming rights.

:lol: what a ridiculous response.

"I would hope it would generate between 8 million pounds and 10 million pounds a year," Llambias told BBC Radio Newcastle.

They now have £10m a year - and should push on to sell the naming rights as well. They won't.

"I would hope it would generate between 8 million pounds and 10 million pounds a year," Llambias told BBC Radio Newcastle.

They now have £10m a year - and should push on to sell the naming rights as well. They won't.

He's talking about £10m a year on top of the current sponsorship, we've only increased sponsorship by £5M not by £10m.

He will still be looking for a sponsor for the naming rights, not sure we will manage to find anyone though. The Virgin deal will not mean the search for a naming rights sponsor is dropped.

He's talking about £10m a year on top of the current sponsorship, we've only increased sponsorship by £5M not by £10m.

He will still be looking for a sponsor for the naming rights, not sure we will manage to find anyone though. The Virgin deal will not mean the search for a naming rights sponsor is dropped.

Thanks, Greg!  :thup:

Guest Roger Kint

Called it St James' Park in the highlights on the official site :aww:

Also promoting various functions at "St.James'Park" on advertising panels above the gentlemen's pissoirs.

Aye its still down as SJP for my mates party there in August.

Also promoting various functions at "St.James'Park" on advertising panels above the gentlemen's pissoirs.

Don't even think the people in charge are taking that silly name seriously.

Said from day one, as long as there's a stadium on top of the hill in Newcastle it will only ever be known by it's true name to those who matter.

Don't even think the people in charge are taking that silly name seriously.

Said from day one, as long as there's a stadium on top of the hill in Newcastle it will only ever be known by it's true name to those who matter.

Amen  :aww:

Nick Forbes

@nick_forbes Newcastle Upon Tyne

Leader of Newcastle City Council, Councillor for Westgate Ward and Chief Executive of Community Action on Health. Tweeting in a personal capacity.

Nick Forbes

Now Labour colleagues moving motion about keeping the name of St James Park as the home of NUFC

28 minutes ago

Nick Forbes

Funny, passionate speeches by cllrs Denholm and Burke about NUFC and St James Park

27 minutes ago

Nick Forbes

Just voted to call on NUFC to keep the name St James Park, and committed to keep city centre signage for St J P

12 minutes ago

:thup:

No news there really. The council have already said they won't change street signs etc. The same as Manchester council not changing street signs for man Cities stadium.

Just a pathetic attempt from Labour to get the NUFC fans vote.

Probably be better if you read it.

Where's the news?

All they he has said is NCC won't change the streets signs which has already been said and probably just an appeal in the Chronicle directed to NUFC asking them to please not change the name. A fucking pathetic attempt to start gaining votes for May. No doubt the closer we get to May the more of this story we will hear and of other needless public attempts to pander to the voter.

Hope they win a landslide victory.

Lib Dems are best for NCC.

The past has shown that, far more progress in NCC was done under Lib Dem rule than Labour rule. I know many staunch Labour supporters who even admit this.