St James' Park

Delima

4 hours ago, pubteam said:

The park is run down and in need of massive investment. Imho its the perfect solution. The park gets renovated and the club gets a bigger ground. Existing ground is simply converted into parkland. 

NUFC would have to take over the management of the park from those Urban Green muppets.

The playground also needs completely replacing, right now there's a banner up asking people to donate ......

State of the council in this city..... I bet they wasted tens of thousands trying to disrupt rat runs etc but the city centre park is a proper abandoned  **** hole

If the park was going to be properly maintained and SJP given to the park instead of turned into student flats, then I'm sure most local would be all for it.

Edited by Arknor

4 minutes ago, Arknor said:

NUFC would have to take over the management of the park from those Urban Green muppets.

The playground also needs completely replacing, right now there's a banner up asking people to donate ......

State of the council in this city..... I bet they wasted tens of thousands trying to disrupt rat runs etc but the city centre park is a proper abandoned  **** hole

If the park was going to be properly maintained and SJP given to the park instead of turned into student flats, then I'm sure most local would be all for it.

Not so sure think the Nimbys from Spital Tongues and folk who have nothing better to do with their time will campaign against it, unfortunately even an enhanced and better park wouldn’t pacify the tree huggers and swampy brigade.

11 minutes ago, Arknor said:

For what it's worth the city would benefit vastly from a new stadium on a "bit" of the park rather than the mismanaged scrap of land that currently lies unused and unloved 

18 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Not so sure think the Nimbys from Spital Tongues and folk who have nothing better to do with their time will campaign against it, unfortunately even an enhanced and better park wouldn’t pacify the tree huggers and swampy brigade.

And the mackem cunts signing up to petitions like they did in the 90s to try and block it.

5 hours ago, Whitley mag said:

If done correctly and openly on that Castle Leazes plot AND with an extended park  very few would object. Most who objected in the '90s were set against the plan to retain St James's (possibly in reduced form) AND build a new stadium on Castle Leazes. Offering an extended and enhanced Leazes Park, while building a new state-of-the-art stadium, would override the objections of all but a handful of hardcore idealist environmentalists.

27 minutes ago, Superior Acuña said:

What was Hall wanting to do with SJP if we were playing in the new one?

Part of his sporting club vision, I think he wanted the rugby to play there with a much reduced capacity 

28 minutes ago, Superior Acuña said:

What was Hall wanting to do with SJP if we were playing in the new one?

At one point it was proposed by Hall that the newly bought Newcastle Gosforth RFC (later the Falcons) would play there as part of the ‘Newcastle United Sporting Club’ thing when the club bought them out.  

6 hours ago, Mountain said:

I can't believe we haven't physically started to extend or build a new stadium yet, we desperately need the increased income.

I honestly thought they’d have had a lot of it already discussed amongst themselves and organised.  It took 18 months for the deal to go through - it’s not as if they didn’t have the time before the sale.  And over two years is a significant chunk of time to get balls rolling - I don’t understand why the first feelers only started last year. 

25 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

I honestly thought they’d have had a lot of it already discussed amongst themselves and organised.  It took 18 months for the deal to go through - it’s not as if they didn’t have the time before the sale.  And over two years is a significant chunk of time to get balls rolling - I don’t understand why the first feelers only started last year. 

Because the year before we were fighting relegation.

58 minutes ago, Scoot said:

Because the year before we were fighting relegation.

Unless the owners were on the training ground trying to help the players stay up, that’s not really much of a reason not to be planning.  Most businesses can multitask 

6 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Unless the owners were on the training ground trying to help the players stay up, that’s not really much of a reason not to be planning.  Most businesses can multitask 

But a new training ground would not have been priority in the season we were fighting relegation. Plus, I reckon they had an absolute shit load of stuff to get through/laugh at following on from Ashley.

Patience.

2 minutes ago, Scoot said:

But a new training ground would not have been priority in the season we were fighting relegation. Plus, I reckon they had an absolute shit load of stuff to get through/laugh at following on from Ashley.

Patience.

I know where you’re coming from tbf - and I accept that I’m a wee bit impatient with this stuff.  Just find it disappointing as every passing year makes it harder to pull closer and catch up to the sky six.  Spurs’ revenue just went up by £100m. 

31 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

I know where you’re coming from tbf - and I accept that I’m a wee bit impatient with this stuff.  Just find it disappointing as every passing year makes it harder to pull closer and catch up to the sky six.  Spurs’ revenue just went up by £100m. 

Wor time will come

8 hours ago, Mountain said:

I can't believe we haven't physically started to extend or build a new stadium yet, we desperately need the increased income.

I can't believe we haven't already built a stadium wherever we want

The eurocrat bureaucrat jobsworths aren't gonna make us tear down a 90,000 state of the art stadium are they 

And if they do try we'll sue and threaten to take a bulldozer to Leazers Terrace

What was the point of leaving the EU if we can't even build a bloody stadium without some planning jobsworth at the council, a load of woke NIMBY's and weed smoking hippies all sticking their neb in asking for planning permission and to protect the endangered newts

1 hour ago, TheBrownBottle said:

And ours will jump significantly next year with our new sponsors (Sela and Adidas, as well as the smaller sponsors) not to mention Champions League money (obviously thar will drop the year after).

I know people want things here and now, but considering where these owners had to start from post Ashley, I think we're doing just fine.

1 hour ago, Scoot said:

And ours will jump significantly next year with our new sponsors (Sela and Adidas, as well as the smaller sponsors) not to mention Champions League money (obviously thar will drop the year after).

I know people want things here and now, but considering where these owners had to start from post Ashley, I think we're doing just fine.

You realise the Sela and Champions League money has been accounted for on this years books (23-34) don’t you? The accounts for next year will only include uplifts in smaller sponsorships and the Adidas sponsorship. 

7 hours ago, TomYam said:

If done correctly and openly on that Castle Leazes plot AND with an extended park  very few would object. Most who objected in the '90s were set against the plan to retain St James's (possibly in reduced form) AND build a new stadium on Castle Leazes. Offering an extended and enhanced Leazes Park, while building a new state-of-the-art stadium, would override the objections of all but a handful of hardcore idealist environmentalists.

Hopefully you’re right but I could see a fair few being up in arms, these environmentalists rarely see the upside of things like this, expect a fierce battle if it went this route.

A useable park in the heart of the city with a lake etc, would be a real asset to the city though and I really think club should be thinking along these lines.

SJP is not fit for purpose in terms of facilities and overall experience, I actually find the place grim these days, the view and atmosphere in large swathes of the stadium are a pretty soulless experience.

Edited by Whitley mag

6 hours ago, bobbydazzla said:

I can't believe we haven't already built a stadium wherever we want

The eurocrat bureaucrat jobsworths aren't gonna make us tear down a 90,000 state of the art stadium are they 

And if they do try we'll sue and threaten to take a bulldozer to Leazers Terrace

What was the point of leaving the EU if we can't even build a bloody stadium without some planning jobsworth at the council, a load of woke NIMBY's and weed smoking hippies all sticking their neb in asking for planning permission and to protect the endangered newts

Feminist.