St James' Park

Delima

35 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Not sure about Anfield, externally I like the brick work, but inside it looks boring.

It might have a smaller capacity, but Everton’s stadium will be the better of the two, although again I hope we out do them, and do something more like the new White Heart Lane.

The new Anfield Road end is very uninspiring and shows how redevelopment is limited in comparison. 

Stay at St James’. Do everything we can to expand. Under no circumstances should we ever move away from the city centre. Would kill something very unique.

1 minute ago, Danh1 said:

Said it before but there isn’t one new stadium that inspires me. All fart nee shite.

I know old stadiums don't have the glitz or glamour, weren't built with mass corporate areas and restaurants or even nice communal areas for a drink, but I still prefer a stadium just being a good footballing venue first.

San siro always sticks out to me as just visually imposing and impressive.

Forgetting for a second the temporary logistics of where to play for a couple years, would those opposed to a new stadium be more open to it if it was on the exact same site?

Just now, timeEd32 said:

Forgetting for a second the temporary logistics of where to play for a couple years, would those opposed to a new stadium be more open to it if it was on the exact same site?

I would happily. It's about location not bricks and mortar.

2 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

Said it before but there isn’t one new stadium that inspires me. All fart nee shite.

Most are built with glass and steel, which are as bland and soulless as it gets. Not just for football, but for architecture in general.

Just now, Rafalove said:

Most are built with glass and steel, which are as bland and soulless as it gets. Not just for football, but for architecture in general.

Bamboo?

8 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

Definitely. I don’t see the temporary logistics as much of a problem. Just build some temporary stands in Gateshead. Would be a poor experience for a couple of years but completely worth it.

Edited by Rafalove

4 hours ago, Rafalove said:

Let’s be honest, the current SJP is this in a nutshell.  It’s a brutalist building. 

4 hours ago, Rafalove said:

Definitely. I don’t see the temporary logistics as much of a problem. Just build some temporary stands in Gateshead. Would be a poor experience for a couple of years but completely worth it.

Building a temporary 50k stadium would cost almost as much as a new one

3 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Let’s be honest, the current SJP is this in a nutshell.  It’s a brutalist building. 

It looks dated, grim and at this point I’d take any city centre location as an alternative if it meant a new stadium.

6 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

One thing is for sure SJP is certainly not a brutalist building.

Interestingly, the 1973 newly-built East Stand does have a 'hint' of brutalism in its use of materials for its construction.

15 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Building a temporary 50k stadium would cost almost as much as a new one

Nowhere near. Think Stadium 974 in Qatar.

1 hour ago, manorpark said:

One thing is for sure SJP is certainly not a brutalist building.

Interestingly, the 1973 newly-built East Stand does have a 'hint' of brutalism in its use of materials for its construction.

It has dated badly, and is visually unappealing 

New stadium please. Hopefully it pisses off loads of people who sit there for 90 minutes and do nothing but tut and mutter to themselves when they're displeased with something, to the point they don't renew their tickets.

1 minute ago, TheBrownBottle said:

I was thinking of that.  You’re talking hundreds of millions.  

£100m - £200m I reckon for the temporary stadium according to best estimates. Spurs cost £1.1bn, Everton seemingly heading towards £800m-£850m. All part of the investment to bring something spectacular that showcases the Saudis to the world via NUFC.

Just now, Dr.Spaceman said:

New stadium please. Hopefully it pisses off loads of people who sit there for 90 minutes and do nothing but tut and mutter to themselves when they're displeased with something, to the point they don't renew their tickets.

Agreed

We've gotta cheek to call these new stadiums soulless

Just now, Dr.Spaceman said:

I’d love to see the miserable cunts shuffled out. Plenty would give a lot for the chance some of these ingrates get 19 times a season. 

I was in the Gallowgate today for the first time this season. Horrendous experience. No one within 30 seats of me in any direction made any attempt to sing at any point in the game. 

Until there is a significant change in demographics in the match going fans, I think good atmospheres are consigned to one off occasions like PSG.

6 minutes ago, NSG said:

I was in the Gallowgate today for the first time this season. Horrendous experience. No one within 30 seats of me in any direction made any attempt to sing at any point in the game. 

Until there is a significant change in demographics in the match going fans, I think good atmospheres are consigned to one off occasions like PSG.

Seeing Bruno trying to rally the crowd second half had me cringing watching on the telly like.

1 minute ago, pedro111 said:

Seeing Bruno trying to rally the crowd second half had me cringing watching on the telly like.

Must cringe on a weekly basis do you?