St James' Park

Delima

21 minutes ago, Sima said:

After visiting Spurs’ ground for the NFL at the back end of last year, their facilities in the concourse is night and day to what we currently have.

Having said that, the argument is there to not allow the chicken bites and chips posse any more comfort away from the terraces.

Is that not in part what the new Stack is meant to sort though? I think the increase in matchday revenue will also be increased by the club taking control of the club shops again from this summer

Just now, Orphanage said:

Higher prices ? More Corporate ? Some standing ? They deffo wouldnt make more £ by spunking £800 M - 1 B on a new bells n whistles stadium 

If you double our current matchday income it's at best £30m extra. Pick up a copy of our accounts and show me where pifs getting money back

4 minutes ago, Fezzle said:

If you double our current matchday income it's at best £30m extra. Pick up a copy of our accounts and show me where pifs getting money back

It's a long term investment also

What is actually classed as 'match day revenue'? Is Shearers/will the Stack be included?

If so, could they look to have more places around the stadium? Even places season ticket holders could go pre match that isn't the cold, dirty, squished in concourse, but that they maybe have to pay a bit to get into?

5 minutes ago, Ghandis Flip-Flop said:

Is that not in part what the new Stack is meant to sort though? I think the increase in matchday revenue will also be increased by the club taking control of the club shops again from this summer

New stack is only a three year temporary plan, so obviously they have other future plans in their thoughts. 

6 minutes ago, Fezzle said:

The value proposition of a football club is either growing it to a sky high valuation or selling it for said valuation. Profit and loss on a year basis really isn’t the goal (when it comes to football clubs). 

1 minute ago, iklgizmo said:

What is actually classed as 'match day revenue'? Is Shearers/will the Stack be included?

If so, could they look to have more places around the stadium? Even places season ticket holders could go pre match that isn't the cold, dirty, squished in concourse, but that they maybe have to pay a bit to get into?

Everything which brings in revenue on the day of the match. Ticket sales, merchandise etc

I’d take a new stadium if only to improve the atmosphere and get people sitting with their friends and likeminded people.  Though I’d still imagine folk complaining that they’d ‘always been 4th row back behind the goal’.

17 minutes ago, Orphanage said:

Higher prices ? More Corporate ? Some standing ? They deffo wouldnt make more £ by spunking £800 M - 1 B on a new bells n whistles stadium 

That stadium would increase income and predicted future income and therefore increase the value of the club.

9 minutes ago, JJ7 said:

I’d take a new stadium if only to improve the atmosphere and get people sitting with their friends and likeminded people.  Though I’d still imagine folk complaining that they’d ‘always been 4th row back behind the goal’.

If we’re staying at SJP, then some difficult decisions probably have to be made about relocating folk in order to try and improve the atmosphere.

If I take my own situation as an example, I sit just above the crossbar in the Leazes. Say they wanted to make that area a safe standing area*, I assume I’d have a decision to make about whether I wanted to stay there or move to a non-standing area elsewhere. 

If I did decide to move, I’d hope I’d get offered a similar type seat, rather than somewhere inferior. As otherwise you’ll end up with people opting to stay in safe standing areas who don’t really want to be there, but figure it’s better than the alternative.

*don’t actually think it’s feasible to make my area safe standing as it would probably block the view of the folk at the front of the new Wings corporate area.

54 minutes ago, Fezzle said:

They have significant investments in construction companies.  Wouldn't surprise me if a Saudi company was contracted to do the job.

Just now, loki679 said:

They have significant investments in construction companies.  Wouldn't surprise me if a Saudi company was contracted to do the job.

There will be alsorts of things like that possible. The sponsorship will be a big one if they make a real standout statement stadium. It's ridiculous to pretend we can ever make that sort of money in the current location 

Just now, Kanji said:

Just wanna see renderings. 

A feasibility study wouldn’t necessarily have renderings, it may well just be a report saying that it could be done in such a way.

65,000 is good but renovation/extension locks us to SJP in its current form for a long time. I’d be for it if the whole ground got high spec renovated, like the Bernabeu, not the Anfield approach.

Slightly surprised if they've decided to stay at SJP and extend to 60k+. All I can assume is that there's nowhere else in the city centre vicinity to build a new one.

For the owners point of view it's going to be a lot of hassle and a lot of money to build an extension where the vast majority of the new seats will be the cheapest in the ground, ie Gallowgate Level 7.

Speaking as someone who absolutely hates sitting in Level 7 it wouldn't be a particularly inspiring move for me but I suppose if a new city centre stadium is completely off the table it's the next best thing, but with all this talk about how poor the atmosphere is, I can't see how bolting 8k seats onto the Gallowgate and tweaking the East Stand will make any positive difference in that respect though.

3 minutes ago, Wallsendmag said:

Slightly surprised if they've decided to stay at SJP and extend to 60k+. All I can assume is that there's nowhere else in the city centre vicinity to build a new one.

For the owners point of view it's going to be a lot of hassle and a lot of money to build an extension where the vast majority of the new seats will be the cheapest in the ground, ie Gallowgate Level 7.

Speaking as someone who absolutely hates sitting in Level 7 it wouldn't be a particularly inspiring move for me but I suppose if a new city centre stadium is completely off the table it's the next best thing, but with all this talk about how poor the atmosphere is, I can't see how bolting 8k seats onto the Gallowgate and tweaking the East Stand will make any positive difference in that respect though.

Of course there is a site in the City………the Arena site. It’s only been ‘master planned’ for housing, that means nothing, the club if they choose too could still discuss with the council, and even purchase the land to build a new stadium. It’s all down to the club.

14 minutes ago, FloydianMag said:

Of course there is a site in the City………the Arena site. It’s only been ‘master planned’ for housing, that means nothing, the club if they choose too could still discuss with the council, and even purchase the land to build a new stadium. It’s all down to the club.

The Club don't just want to stay in the City, they (quite rightly) want to stay in the City Centre.