St James' Park: club plans to expand existing site further to completion of feasibility study (Edwards)

Delima

15 minutes ago, Ando7 said:

Extension to the gallowgate seen as the way forward,plans should be coming out in next few weeks.

I'd be interested to see how they'll achieve it tbh

And if true, kiss goodbye to entering the 'big six' - it would suggest a drawing back of ambition

Just now, TheBrownBottle said:

I'd be interested to see how they'll achieve it tbh

And if true, kiss goodbye to entering the 'big six' - it would suggest a drawing back of ambition

That was my immmediate thought too. And if true, I seriously doubt that the all-new training complex will be happening.  If this is the plan for the stadium then it indicates that we are being tarted up for a future sale in the short to medium term future.

2 minutes ago, Wandy said:

That was my immmediate thought too. And if true, I seriously doubt that the all-new training complex will be happening.  If this is the plan for the stadium then it indicates that we are being tarted up for a future sale in the short to medium term future.

Which may not be the worst thing, tbh - they have went very, very quiet and Bloomberg and the FT were reporting a week or so ago that PIF are having some issues.  I don't see how they increase revenue streams to catch the Sky Six other than squeezing the support for more cash if they just extend the Gallowgate.  SJP is seriously outdated.

I still don't buy it, I'm struggling to see how it can be done without either removing the Metro station - cantilevering over the station would surely be too wide a span.

3 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Which may not be the worst thing, tbh - they have went very, very quiet and Bloomberg and the FT were reporting a week or so ago that PIF are having some issues.  I don't see how they increase revenue streams to catch the Sky Six other than squeezing the support for more cash if they just extend the Gallowgate.  SJP is seriously outdated.

I still don't buy it, I'm struggling to see how it can be done without either removing the Metro station - cantilevering over the station would surely be too wide a span.

It’s a cop out if true and for all the big talk actually shows a lack of vision and ambition. It’s like sticking a new extension on a generally tatty outdated house.

1 minute ago, Nucasol said:

It’s a cop out if true and for all the big talk actually shows a lack of vision and ambition. It’s like sticking a new extension on a generally tatty outdated house.

They won't be building a shed on top of the Gallowgate, it will still cost a vast amount of money, probably the most expensive building project in Newcastle 

The bottom line is that the club's infrastructure needs something like a £2bn investment to become one of the elite. I imagine that a Gallowgate extension (together with an East Stand modification, which I would imagine they are also planning) would cost about £500m. It sounds already like they are just happy to be the 7th biggest club in the league if this extension rumour is true.

30 minutes ago, Ando7 said:

Extension to the gallowgate seen as the way forward,plans should be coming out in next few weeks.

As I expected really. A new stadium was never really an option. 

A new stadium is only exempt from FFP if you can show the following:

”Clubs need to ensure that building a new stadium is financially sustainable and feasible. This involves conducting thorough financial analyses to determine the costs, potential revenue streams, and long-term viability of the project.”

Unfortunately going from a 52,000 seater to a 65,000 seater costing £1bn isn’t viable. The marginal payback will be over 100 years.

Really don’t know what most on here we’re expecting?

Expanding the Gallowgate was obvious when they purchased the land behind it and decided to put a temporary fan zone behind it.

The owners intention hasn’t changed this has been the plan since they came in.

Really not sure why everyone is surprised.

3 minutes ago, Toon1892 said:

As I expected really. A new stadium was never really an option. 

A new stadium is only exempt from FFP if you can show the following:

”Clubs need to ensure that building a new stadium is financially sustainable and feasible. This involves conducting thorough financial analyses to determine the costs, potential revenue streams, and long-term viability of the project.”

Unfortunately going from a 52,000 seater to a 65,000 seater costing £1bn isn’t viable. The marginal payback will be over 100 years.

Really don’t know what most on here we’re expecting?

Expanding the Gallowgate was obvious when they purchased the land behind it and decided to put a temporary fan zone behind it.

The owners intention hasn’t changed this has been the plan since they came in.

Really not sure why everyone is surprised.

But obviously spending hundreds of millions to grab an extra c8k seats - the cheapest in the ground - makes perfect sense.

Just say the Gallowgate extension is feasible - the additional ticket revenue would likely be around 5m per season.  It would take a similar time to what you've stated to pay for itself.  And the FFP reg you've cited would comfortably be covered by adding c.20k seats and vast swathes of additional corporate.

TBF, this is all based on failed 'ITK' Ando7, who has stayed away since getting the end of the 2022 summer transfer window completely wrong.

So after getting many a transfer wrong, is Ando legit again or we just going along with what he says cause it goes with the narrative that PIF don't actually have any ambition for us? 

4 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

But obviously spending hundreds of millions to grab an extra c8k seats - the cheapest in the ground - makes perfect sense.

Just say the Gallowgate extension is feasible - the additional ticket revenue would likely be around 5m per season.  It would take a similar time to what you've stated to pay for itself.  And the FFP reg you've cited would comfortably be covered by adding c.20k seats and vast swathes of additional corporate.

TBF, this is all based on failed 'ITK' Ando7, who has stayed away since getting the end of the 2022 summer transfer window completely wrong.

Well yes it makes a lot more financial sense to get 8,000 extra seats for £200M than getting 13,000 extra seats for £1bn.

4 minutes ago, TBG said:

So after getting many a transfer wrong, is Ando legit again or we just going along with what he says cause it goes with the narrative that PIF don't actually have any ambition for us? 

Likely, yep. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

Just now, Toon1892 said:

Well yes it makes a lot more financial sense to get 8,000 extra seats for £200M than getting 13,000 extra seats for £1bn.

1) You're making an assumption about a new stadium's capacity

2) Don't know how many different ways this needs to be explained - the issue is corporate revenue including other amenities, not matchday ticket sales.  If you think that a new stadium just equals extra season tickets, then you've missed the point entirely.  SJP's corporate is not even close to what the Big Six have, and never will be.

26 minutes ago, madras said:

Let's see what the plans are first.

Nah, fuck that. Let's throw wild speculation that PIF are gonna spend millions on the ground to add 6k seats just to flog the whole shebang. Half the fans determined not to move to a new ground the other half think we're shit if we don't. 

😂

7 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

2) Don't know how many different ways this needs to be explained - the issue is corporate revenue including other amenities, not matchday ticket sales.  If you think that a new stadium just equals extra season tickets, then you've missed the point entirely.  SJP's corporate is not even close to what the Big Six have, and never will be.

Don’t know how many different ways this needs explaining- There will be more areas of SJP turning corporate over the next few years. It is inevitable. They’ve already turned two large sections in the first two years. You haven’t seen the impact of that on the reported figures yet.

8 minutes ago, Toon1892 said:

Don’t know how many different ways this needs explaining- There will be more areas of SJP turning corporate over the next few years. It is inevitable. They’ve already turned two large sections in the first two years. You haven’t seen the impact of that on the reported figures yet.

Which is why only adding a Gallowgate extension is such a concern. Extend Level 7, put standard seats in there (maybe making it a singing section) and then move people out of prime seats in the Gallowgate/Leazes & into the new Level 7 section, so that the vacated Gallowgate/Leazes seats can become corporate. Then watch goals on the TV being celebrated by people politely applauding, rather than mass hysteria....and everyone wondering what happened to NUFC's much-fabled support.

1 hour ago, Ando7 said:

New stadium confirmed then

24 minutes ago, NSG said:

It’s probably the only solution that can be completed before Euro 2028, which will no doubt be in their minds.

I wouldn't be celebrating that, especially if you sit in the Gallowgate 

36 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Not sure why the club are spending £100’s of thousands on the feasibility report. They could have just asked you for free ;)

They always said expanding the stadium was the plan, a new stadium was never really mentioned . Why people are getting bent out of shape about not having a new stadium and then coming up with the current owners no longer giving a shit is baffling. Imagine even having these conversations a few years back when Ashley was spending big on council bins for ice baths etc?

Self-entitlement is an awful trait.