St James' Park

Delima

3 minutes ago, Pancrate1892 said:

Up Tyneside life's fucking arsehole 

Careful hes a historian now

Dodgy bit halfway through where he seems to dog whistle that the place has gone to the dogs since ( and then throws in images of Mosques and ethnic minority food shops etc ) Hope im wrong on that but he doesnt seem to have deleted comments who state that case rather more loudly 

1 hour ago, Kid Icarus said:

Staggering amounts of projection from you here like, but yeah, that's what I read because that's what was obviously said. :lol:

Screenshot_20240331_173019_Chrome.thumb.jpg.2fe843df070fc4307262111ea041fbaf.jpg

No, that’s just you twisting my words. I speculated that they may be scaling back their ambition from when they first arrived, that’s all. Your jibe insulated that I was accusing them of a lack of ambition entirely. I don’t think it’s outlandish to think that ‘the project” has a lot more obstacles than they originally anticipated and they might have less grandiose plans for us now.

For what it’s worth, my problem with merely extending Level 7 has more to do with the fact that I don’t see it improving the matchday experience. More seats yes, but also more seats with crap views and also a diminished overall stadium atmosphere.

14 minutes ago, ShootShoot said:

Careful hes a historian now

Dodgy bit halfway through where he seems to dog whistle that the place has gone to the dogs since ( and then throws in images of Mosques and ethnic minority food shops etc ) Hope im wrong on that but he doesnt seem to have deleted comments who state that case rather more loudly 

I think he has always been a historian, I think nufc is just a side show. The PIF takeover seem to ignite his interest.

That's all fine by me, but I think don't be going on as a self proclaimed expert in the club, I think I'd rather talk to the bloke I was talking to yesterday on my way into the ground who's been going for 65 years 

Edited by Pancrate1892
Spelling

6 minutes ago, Pancrate1892 said:

I think he has always been a historian, I think nufc is just a side show. The PIF takeover seem to ignite his interest.

That's all fine by me, but I think don't be going on as a self proclaimed expert in the club, I think I'd rather talk to the bloke I was talking to yesterday on my way into the ground who's been going for 65 years 

Hes not a real historian is he though ? Hes a historian in the same way that im a chef whos just cooked chicken chips for me tea . 

He ripped that vid off another kid on youtube anyhow 

18 minutes ago, Wandy said:

No, that’s just you twisting my words. I speculated that they may be scaling back their ambition from when they first arrived, that’s all. Your jibe insulated that I was accusing them of a lack of ambition entirely. I don’t think it’s outlandish to think that ‘the project” has a lot more obstacles than they originally anticipated and they might have less grandiose plans for us now.

For what it’s worth, my problem with merely extending Level 7 has more to do with the fact that I don’t see it improving the matchday experience. More seats yes, but also more seats with crap views and also a diminished overall stadium atmosphere.

I mean that's bollocks tbf :lol:. For a start, the original post was about Brown Bottle's post about having less ambition - that you liked and agreed with, but the bit in bold is what I said you'd said. "Less ambition", I didn't say or insinuate you meant no ambition.

Edited by Kid Icarus

3 minutes ago, ShootShoot said:

Hes not a real historian is he though ? Hes a historian in the same way that im a chef whos just cooked chicken chips for me tea . 

Your right, couldn't agree more.

4 minutes ago, ShootShoot said:

You do a belter chicken chips mind 

38 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

I mean that's bollocks tbf :lol:. For a start, the original post was about Brown Bottle's post about having less ambition - that you liked and agreed with, but the bit in bold is what I said you'd said. "Less ambition", I didn't say or insinuate you meant no ambition.

Your post was snarky as fuck man. [emoji38] ..."apparently extending the ground means they have less ambition, har har har" ...well yeah, on the face of it that does sound ridiculous, but if you consider it in a wider context then going from considering building an entirely new stadium to a modest extension, then that can be seen as being less ambitious. Again though, the sarcasm in your post insinuated that I was just being a whingebag who was disenchanted with the ownership, which is actually far from the case. If all they do is extend the Gallowgate then they are still as good as any owners the club has ever had. But it would still be quite far from having elite ambitions IMO. And that is because over the last 30 months the goalposts have been moved, meaning the massive gap between NUFC and the cartel cant merely be bridged by a modest extension to the Gallowgate.

5 minutes ago, Wandy said:

Your post was snarky as fuck man. [emoji38] ..."apparently extending the ground means they have less ambition, har har har" ...well yeah, on the face of it that does sound ridiculous, but if you consider it in a wider context then going from considering building an entirely new stadium to a modest extension, then that can be seen as being less ambitious. Again though, the sarcasm in your post insinuated that I was just being a whingebag who was disenchanted with the ownership, which is actually far from the case. If all they do is extend the Gallowgate then they are still as good as any owners the club has ever had. But it would still be quite far from having elite ambitions IMO. And that is because over the last 30 months the goalposts have been moved, meaning the massive gap between NUFC and the cartel cant merely be bridged by a modest extension to the Gallowgate.

I know it was snarky, that was the intention. I do think the idea what you and others are describing is ridiculous, it's what inspired me to write a snarky post about it. :lol: Not sure what else to say really.

Edited by Kid Icarus

1 minute ago, Kid Icarus said:

I know it was snarky, that was the intention. I do think the idea what you and others are describing is ridiculous, it's what inspired me to write a snarky post about it. :lol: Not sure what else to say really.

Right. So you are unable to debate a point without resorting to jibes and sarcasm. Thanks for clearing that up. [emoji38]

9 hours ago, Toon1892 said:

As I expected really. A new stadium was never really an option. 

A new stadium is only exempt from FFP if you can show the following:

”Clubs need to ensure that building a new stadium is financially sustainable and feasible. This involves conducting thorough financial analyses to determine the costs, potential revenue streams, and long-term viability of the project.”

Unfortunately going from a 52,000 seater to a 65,000 seater costing £1bn isn’t viable. The marginal payback will be over 100 years.

Really don’t know what most on here we’re expecting?

Expanding the Gallowgate was obvious when they purchased the land behind it and decided to put a temporary fan zone behind it.

The owners intention hasn’t changed this has been the plan since they came in.

Really not sure why everyone is surprised.

Maybe they expect to run into trouble with an extension, therefore adds to the need of moving. If we can show we can't expand appropriately, then we use the 'we tried' card and get round any FFP concern.  

4 hours ago, Wallsendmag said:

Family Enclosure capacity is 5,007 (Milburn L7A/LL7A through to L7H/LL7H).

That seems a lot. Harsh, but even reduce that to 2k and 3k extra game-to-game or season tickets would be canny.

4 hours ago, Wallsendmag said:

Family Enclosure capacity is 5,007 (Milburn L7A/LL7A through to L7H/LL7H).

Wonder how many kids are in the family enclosure ? Mines 20 and the other ones in our group are 18, 20 and 24.

6 hours ago, Keegans Export said:

What are the other three? Presumably do nothing is one, a new stadium another?

I haven’t seen it, only heard tidbits.

Knocking SJP down and rebuilding on site I’d say is nailed down as an option.. plus points being they already own the land so less expense but probably more in terms of the scale of it.

New site/new stadium.

Existing site, existing stadium - increase capacity.

Existing site, existing stadium.. gut it and spatially redesign what’s there. Think Ikea

5 hours ago, Dr Jinx said:

I haven’t seen it, only heard tidbits.

Knocking SJP down and rebuilding on site I’d say is nailed down as an option.. plus points being they already own the land so less expense but probably more in terms of the scale of it.

New site/new stadium.

Existing site, existing stadium - increase capacity.

Existing site, existing stadium.. gut it and spatially redesign what’s there. Think Ikea

So Option 4 doesn’t increase capacity? 

My 2 preferred options are build a new super stadium at Castle Leazes and transform current site into a well maintained park for the whole city to use.

The 2nd and I think likely option is they’ll purchase land for a huge training complex, which will incorporate a new 30k stadium for woman’s team, 20k would probably be ideal, but they’ll go 30k as this will be used whilst they flatten SJP and rebuild completely on the current site.

With the Euro’s being at SJP I think the 2nd option lets us concentrate on training complex in the interim period.

Just extending the Gallowgate isn’t a signal of lack of ambition in my opinion, but it is flawed in the long term unless it involves a massive upgrading of all 3 other stands as well. 

11 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

That seems a lot. Harsh, but even reduce that to 2k and 3k extra game-to-game or season tickets would be canny.

It actually used to be bigger. Ashley had it extended right the way around into the corner but I've been put in the corner twice this season when applying for Category 2 tickets so assume they have scaled the Family Enclosure back now.

As @madrassays it hasn't really been strictly enforced as a family enclosure for a while. A lot of people in there seem to be in the 18-25 age range now.

1 hour ago, Whitley mag said:

My 2 preferred options are build a new super stadium at Castle Leazes and transform current site into a well maintained park for the whole city to use.

The 2nd and I think likely option is they’ll purchase land for a huge training complex, which will incorporate a new 30k stadium for woman’s team, 20k would probably be ideal, but they’ll go 30k as this will be used whilst they flatten SJP and rebuild completely on the current site.

With the Euro’s being at SJP I think the 2nd option lets us concentrate on training complex in the interim period.

Just extending the Gallowgate isn’t a signal of lack of ambition in my opinion, but it is flawed in the long term unless it involves a massive upgrading of all 3 other stands as well. 

That 2nd option would be the perfect soloution imo.

5 hours ago, r0cafella said:

So Option 4 doesn’t increase capacity? 

potentially up to 5-8k extra seats through better use of the space. It’s still a huge fit out job and costly so hopefully not something they opt for.

27 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

potentially up to 5-8k extra seats through better use of the space. It’s still a huge fit out job and costly so hopefully not something they opt for.

Interesting, I wonder if they will lump for that plus an extension, would gain a lot of goodwill with the fans I imagine. 

https://theathletic.com/5377168/2024/04/01/tottenham-hotspur-stadium-beyonce-nfl-profit/?utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=twitterfc&source=twitteruk

An interesting long-read on the Spurs stadium, which has had its ups and downs with fans (downs mainly being about ticket prices, understandable).

The club are making money hand over fist on other events and are planning other developments on the site (hotel, residential towers).