St James' Park: club plans to expand existing site further to completion of feasibility study (Edwards)

Delima

3 minutes ago, Sima said:

Aye, Brailsford calling in a few favours.

Coe has the status with the Tories to get this done.

Good job they’ll be out on there arse before anything gets approved. 

Class video, will even let them off with New Castle

Option C all day long, can we not incorporate the bandstand and terrace into the stadium somehow?

Call it the bandstand end or summat and have sam fender in there pre match on the weekly.

I guarantee that if the club owners offer enough money to the council and freemen to fund other projects then it will get done regardless of tree huggers and such

4 minutes ago, Cookie1892 said:

Class video, will even let them off with New Castle

Option C all day long, can we not incorporate the bandstand and terrace into the stadium somehow?

Call it the bandstand end or summat and have sam fender in there pre match on the weekly.

I guarantee that if the club owners offer enough money to the council and freemen to fund other projects then it will get done regardless of tree huggers and such

The Bandstand area is listed, it would have to be just to the North of it, sections where Leazes Park isn’t listed.

6 minutes ago, Stifler said:

The Bandstand area is listed, it would have to be just to the North of it, sections where Leazes Park isn’t listed.

If plan C is a goer.... then so should plan D be. Just tell the Freeman to suck my plumsScreenshot_20240417_112445.thumb.jpg.bc543fa2ed4d1da31a82f48a72eed3ca.jpgScreenshot_20240417_112427.thumb.jpg.84e96275e7d62c1f1ed9f2abdb5e8f9c.jpg

Edited by Groundhog63

7 minutes ago, Stifler said:

cant they unlist it?

nee bugger uses it

15 hours ago, OpenC said:

100% this. It would be the best option I think and if it was allowed to happen I think a redeveloped park on what's currently SJP would be hugely better than what we've got now (a falling apart rat infested grade 2 park) but there would be just as much opposition now as there was last time it/Castle Leazes was mooted imo

No, there would be much less opposition IF the land vacated by the existing stadium were redesigned/redesignated into park land. There would have been far less opposition to the Hall plans if they hadn't intended to retain St.James 's Park AND build a new stadium.

Again, though, why nit build a new stadium on Castle Leazes instead of buildinh over part of the existing stadium and a huge chunk of Leazes Park?  Option C makes no sense to me on that basis.

15 hours ago, Jack27 said:

Why should it be a non-starter? The park is a tip and if the club can work with the council/friends of Leazes Park so that new parkland is created if SJP is demolished and the club takeover management of the park it is win/win for everybody. 

I have fished there for many years on the established lake. In addition most of the trees are magnificent and generally the park is kept in good repair and used by literally thousands a week. I am a huge NUFC fan as my user suggests for rather a long time but would sooner protect the green and open spaces in the town as it has far less than many other major cities and this appeal is part and parcel of city growth of which football is just one fraction. Attached is my usual location and dont I just love the view too 󠀠

Screenshot_2024-04-17-12-25-54-70.jpg

8 minutes ago, Terrymac1966 said:

I have fished there for many years on the established lake. In addition most of the trees are magnificent and generally the park is kept in good repair and used by literally thousands a week. I am a huge NUFC fan as my user suggests for rather a long time but would sooner protect the green and open spaces in the town as it has far less than many other major cities and this appeal is part and parcel of city growth of which football is just one fraction. Attached is my usual location and dont I just love the view too 󠀠

My feelings too. I use the park a couple of times a week and it's well used by many friends I know. Admittedly there is regular antisocial activity to the south-west (Barrack Road), but the great majority of the oark is well-maintained and harmonious. For the wellbeing of the city we should be looking at expansion not diminishment.

2 hours ago, Groundhog63 said:

Coe is as bent af and a tory cunt to boot. Watch it happen. 

Coe in their pocket. City’s ground is world class and has had public funding. Nothing further required for Manchester, thanks.

3 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

Coe in their pocket. City’s ground is world class and has had public funding. Nothing further required for Manchester, thanks.

Aye, giving Manchester another tax payer funded stadium has to be an absolute no go in the eyes of any government. It makes literally no sense and provides tax payers with zero value. 

53 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

I still Manchester is the fucking midlands tbh, regardless of what the cunts who live there think

I live practically on a straight line from Manchester. It's North. Not having it any other way.

Option C is hands down the best option. Think I said similar and a few others other month too, follow Spurs route where it can be built in two phases, with minimal impact. 

4 hours ago, Terrymac1966 said:

Do you go to the games regularly?

1 hour ago, LFEE said:

Do you go to the games regularly?

:footy: Never missed through the Fairs Cup days into the 80's and 90's finally giving up full time in 2014 having been on every march and protest against Ashley but gave up ticket as my final protest. Scoot gets me tickets now when he can and I supplement that with my occasional purchases amounting to about 6-8 games a season now including preseason which I tend to go to assess new additions. 

And yes Id like to go back but not at any cost to other aspects of Newcastle I love. 

Long answer sorry 󠀠

23 minutes ago, Terrymac1966 said:

:footy: Never missed through the Fairs Cup days into the 80's and 90's finally giving up full time in 2014 having been on every march and protest against Ashley but gave up ticket as my final protest. Scoot gets me tickets now when he can and I supplement that with my occasional purchases amounting to about 6-8 games a season now including preseason which I tend to go to assess new additions. 

And yes Id like to go back but not at any cost to other aspects of Newcastle I love. 

Long answer sorry 󠀠

No need to apologise. Was a good answer. Would you not like to see others be able to go though that can’t?