St James' Park

Delima

and another thing.  If he's finding it hard to sustain running the club 'during these hard economic times'  has he never considered putting the club up for sale again and clawing back as much as he can?  Seems a logical option to me.

because theres no buyers

bollocks.  If he put the club up for sale for a reasonable price I think we'd get a buyer.  If there has been any private interest he'll be increasing the price because we're nearly 'self-sufficient'

Guest bimpy474

I think you'd have to be incredibly naive to believe they have any interest whatsoever in allowing someone else to invest in it. The club is being run towards a goal of essentially becoming Sports Direct FC.

Even if they did, what company in their right mind would want their brand advertised by the disgusting mess St James' has become?

because they'd get their brand name in place where all the sports direct shit is and in all the media reportage from SJP it would be called by their branded name and if they're a global brand then considering the exposure of the premier league world wide thats valuable

So why haven't they already done it since it's supposedly been up for grabs for two years? Are these investors really that thick that they need Ashley to coat the stadium in red and blue to realise that *SHOCK* you can advertise at a football ground?

Because we weren't sitting 3rd in the league, all of a sudden he has sniffed a chance to exploit that.

Think people need to chill out tbh, we know he's a c*** and it's hardly surprising. I hope there's no protests at all because this could be a really good season and we dont need that bullshit.

Why should i chill out?

It's been called that since 1880 ffs.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Might be blind hope but if this commercial interest doesn't materialise, could you see them changing it back? They can claim they listened to the fans and learnt from their mistakes etc. Maybe around season ticket renewal time.

Absolutely not. That's one of my biggest problems with this; it'll never go back now, same with the signs up everywhere.

And the only thing that pisses me off too

However

Bottom line is we have a very good system now in place at the club, particularly in player recruitment. If this money is channelled in the right way added to the extra revenue success brings we really could see ourselves as major players in the league again and not just half a season wonders

I understand the history, I really do, but at the end of the day it's about how competitive we are on the pitch!

What would you take

SJP name and finish 8-14 every year

Different name top 6 most years

I'm not saying it will be the defining feature, but it will definately help!

Might be blind hope but if this commercial interest doesn't materialise, could you see them changing it back? They can claim they listened to the fans and learnt from their mistakes etc. Maybe around season ticket renewal time.

Absolutely not. That's one of my biggest problems with this; it'll never go back now, same with the signs up everywhere.

However

Bottom line is we have a very good system now in place at the club, particularly in player recruitment. If this money is channelled in the right way added to the extra revenue success brings we really could see ourselves as major players in the league again and not just half a season wonders

I understand the history, I really do, but at the end of the day it's about how competitive we are on the pitch!

What would you take

I knew people would be trying to sugar coat this. But already?

However

What would you take

Fantastically deluded.

However

What would you take

Top 6 finish in the bag then? Get in, Europe here we come. Hope we draw Tel Aviv, beautiful city.

However

What would you take

:lol: We won't get anything from this. You really should've realized that by now. Even if we did, it wouldn't make as much of a difference as you seem to think.

and another thing.  If he's finding it hard to sustain running the club 'during these hard economic times'  has he never considered putting the club up for sale again and clawing back as much as he can?  Seems a logical option to me.

because theres no buyers

bollocks.  If he put the club up for sale for a reasonable price I think we'd get a buyer.  If there has been any private interest he'll be increasing the price because we're nearly 'self-sufficient'

define "reasonable price" because you can be sure to Ashley a reasonable price is at least getting all the cash he's spent on the club back and I don't see anyone atm paying near £300m for NUFC

However

What would you take

We are not getting any fucking money. How difficult is this to understand?

Guest bimpy474

Are there any grounds that have been renamed like this in English football?  All I can think of is the City of Manchester Stadium, but that was only a couple of years old.

Wigan, renamed after Dave Whelan, now the DW stadium, he hasn't got a big ego you know :-P

Guest bimpy474

However

What would you take

And what if he does sell the naming rights on to someone else, what then ?

Are there any grounds that have been renamed like this in English football?  All I can think of is the City of Manchester Stadium, but that was only a couple of years old.

York City's Bootham Crescent was renamed Kit Kat Crescent in 2005 after being their home since 1932.  When the sponsorship deal ran out in 2010, it became Bootham Crescent again.  Unfortunately that won't happen here because the sponsor doesn't have the make a choice about if they want to keep paying for the stadium to be named after them.

People kept referring to it as Bootham Crescent over those five years mind.

Guest sicko2ndbest

This a good move, both from a financial viewpoint and a practical viewpoint

If most of you took your anti Ashley glasses off you would see that

Wake up people it's the way football is going. Stay pace or get left behind

Guest bimpy474

We are not getting any f***ing money. How difficult is this to understand?

It'll cost the club because his shitty sports company will pay nothing.

But the club is his company, whether we like it or not, he owns it completely, it his losses or profits, i hate but its reality.

However

What would you take

We are not getting any f***ing money. How difficult is this to understand?

It's been two years already. Where are these big wigs with their bags of cash?

However

What would you take

Why would he when his shitty company is getting free worldwide advertising? Wake up.

John Hall said this was the plan all along in the original buyout discussions.

This a good move, both from a financial viewpoint and a practical viewpoint

If most of you took your anti Ashley glasses off you would see that

Wake up people it's the way football is going. Stay pace or get left behind

I'd rather be left behind