St James' Park

Delima

Someone get on the phone to whoever put the Shearer shirt up on the Angel and send him an XXXXXL "Sports Direct is f***ing s***" t-shirt.

We should litter the city with 'em. Paint it on the road outside the f***ing stadium if we have to.

I think a large scale t-shirt campaign would be a good thing, if someone were willing and able to sell them cheap enough. Which company is going to be wanting its potential customers wearing a "Your brand is s***" t-shirt?

Not a bad idea actually.

I remember the one time I bought from Sports Direct. The Newcastle shirt had the wrong printing on the back of it. I rang and asked for a full refund and they offered me a tenner to hold on to it. :rolleyes: Sums that place up.

Btw if the intention of all of this is to generate income, why is it that most static advertising hoardings that previously showed other brands have now been changed to SportsDirect.com? Why reduce advertising time/space on the new electronic board by putting SportsDirect.com on every 20 seconds? It sort of makes sense if you're putting advertising in new places such as the Gallowgate roof, or even branding the entire stadium, but someone needs to explain to me how replacing 80% of the hoarding to a company which pays nothing is good finance.

Because it means we can buy more players.

As much as I hate Dave Whelan, I do think the only way of getting it reversed is some sustained chanting advertising JJB or JD Sports. Ashley doesn't care if you sing Sports Direct is fucking shit, any publicity is good publicity for him. But if the upshot is his rivals name being heard worldwide, that is something that would hit him. And it would nix any future change as well, the implication that if Pepsi bought the rights we'd chant about Coke until they turned it back.

Remember - any singing that doesn't fit in with what the regmine want will see you banned from St James.....

Tbh, the kit change isn't that far fetched, a few years back i'd have fucked me dar if someone correctly called that we'd change the name of the stadium.

Not me mate, when clubs started to be operated like businessess that was when i started to worry, for me it was when Karren Brady went to Birmingham, nowt to do with football but all to do with profit, football sold its soul a long time ago, Sky's money lead it too, the best and the worst thing to ever happen in equal measures.

I just keep on kidding myself that every cuntish thing he does will be the last cuntish thing he does. It appears that he actually goes out of his way though to out-do his previous cuntishness' with an even more emphatic display of cuntishness. This been the biggest load of cuntishness thus far.

I'll no doubt forget once we win a few games, and then be stunned in a few months time when he flies a plane into the Milburn stand or summik

As much as I hate Dave Whelan, I do think the only way of getting it reversed is some sustained chanting advertising JJB or JD Sports. Ashley doesn't care if you sing Sports Direct is f***ing s***, any publicity is good publicity for him. But if the upshot is his rivals name being heard worldwide, that is something that would hit him. And it would nix any future change as well, the implication that if Pepsi bought the rights we'd chant about Coke until they turned it back.

Remember - any singing that doesn't fit in with what the regmine want will see you banned from St James.....

Then everyone unites together and makes it impossible for them to enforce such a thing.

Someone get on the phone to whoever put the Shearer shirt up on the Angel and send him an XXXXXL "Sports Direct is f***ing s***" t-shirt.

We should litter the city with 'em. Paint it on the road outside the f***ing stadium if we have to.

I think a large scale t-shirt campaign would be a good thing, if someone were willing and able to sell them cheap enough. Which company is going to be wanting its potential customers wearing a "Your brand is s***" t-shirt?

It's a good idea. The c*** would see it as good publicity though.

2 in 1. Silent protest against the fat sly cunt, and the usual support to the team. I'll travel down if something big gets going.

Btw if the intention of all of this is to generate income, why is it that most static advertising hoardings that previously showed other brands have now been changed to SportsDirect.com? Why reduce advertising time/space on the new electronic board by putting SportsDirect.com on every 20 seconds? It sort of makes sense if you're putting advertising in new places such as the Gallowgate roof, or even branding the entire stadium name, but someone needs to explain to me how replacing 80% of the hoarding from paying companies to a company which pays nothing is good finance.

That could allude to the idea that Ashley has no intention of selling the naming rights. It's about promoting his brand with no financial benefit for the club.

You can whittle on about "finances" and "competing" as much as you like but every single shred of evidence suggests that it's a plain and simple matter of Mike Ashley being a cunt and wanting to take the piss out of us again.

It's a good idea. The c*** would see it as good publicity though.

2 in 1. Silent protest against the fat sly c***, and the usual support to the team. I'll travel down if something big gets going.

Kitbag.com is nothing to do with him, and would be thrust into the limelight if they were used, which Ashley would not like.

Guest bimpy474

Btw if the intention of all of this is to generate income, why is it that most static advertising hoardings that previously showed other brands have now been changed to SportsDirect.com? Why reduce advertising time/space on the new electronic board by putting SportsDirect.com on every 20 seconds? It sort of makes sense if you're putting advertising in new places such as the Gallowgate roof, or even branding the entire stadium, but someone needs to explain to me how replacing 80% of the hoarding to a company which pays nothing is good finance.

Because as it stands his money keeps us going, whether we like it or not, he gets the advertising for his company and makes his money that way, probably makes more for him advertising his own shitty stuff than selling the ad spaces, he wont be allowed to just keep putting money (if he doesn't sell half the team to cover it) in to keep us going when the fair play rules come in, my mate is Man Utd and he cant see how they will be able to abide by the rules, seeing as the rules include how much debt you can carry.

Guest bimpy474

Tbh, the kit change isn't that far fetched, a few years back i'd have fucked me dar if someone correctly called that we'd change the name of the stadium.

Not me mate, when clubs started to be operated like businessess that was when i started to worry, for me it was when Karren Brady went to Birmingham, nowt to do with football but all to do with profit, football sold its soul a long time ago, Sky's money lead it too, the best and the worst thing to ever happen in equal measures.

I just keep on kidding myself that every cuntish thing he does will be the last cuntish thing he does. It appears that he actually goes out of his way though to out-do his previous cuntishness' with an even more emphatic display of cuntishness. This been the biggest load of cuntishness thus far.

I'll no doubt forget once we win a few games, and then be stunned in a few months time when he flies a plane into the Milburn stand or summik

As long as he's the pilot he can fly it into my house, the fat cannibal.

tweeted McNally thanking him for being thoroughly outspoken and on the fans side unlike Brenner, just had a reply,

@MattCobb88 Nowhere do fans need to reclaim the game more than at #nufc Toon's passion, history & tradition is being betrayed for profit.

Gonna suggest he writes a piece sharing his views for this weeks Sunday Mirror.

As much as I hate Dave Whelan, I do think the only way of getting it reversed is some sustained chanting advertising JJB or JD Sports. Ashley doesn't care if you sing Sports Direct is f***ing s***, any publicity is good publicity for him. But if the upshot is his rivals name being heard worldwide, that is something that would hit him. And it would nix any future change as well, the implication that if Pepsi bought the rights we'd chant about Coke until they turned it back.

Then everyone unites together and makes it impossible for them to enforce such a thing.

The support inside the ground is already divided and marginalized. The club has seen to that.

http://i42.tinypic.com/25hpqib.png

Would be worth every penny.

The support inside the ground is already divided and marginalized. The club has seen to that.

True. Ideally people need to understand that this sort of behaviour from Ashley is worthy of a response - whatever that response may be.

The club is just a stage for Ashley to promote Sports Direct, always has been. All that shit about trying to sell etc was nonsense to keep the fans off his back for a while as is most of the shit him and Llambias come out with. Keeping the wage bill down, selling our best players and buying cheap while maintaining Premier League status is just a way to keep the club ticking over financially while his bigger interest Sports Direct gets free advertising on a global scale. That's why the signs in SJP direct to the website and arnt just the company name. The man doesn't give one fuck about the fans, just his business and it is fucking terrifying thinking about what he will do next.

Still got his brand on it, and it's even censored already so can go straight in the newspaper. Anyone wears that and he wins.

:thup: I think incorporating a Kitbag ad is a good idea too.

You can whittle on about "finances" and "competing" as much as you like but every single shred of evidence suggests that it's a plain and simple matter of Mike Ashley being a cunt and wanting to take the piss out of us again.

maybe I'm utterly insane but I in no way see this as just wanting to piss people off for the random hell of it rather just his ignorance/apathy towards the tradition and romanticism of football, to him they're not important (and tbh he's not alone among club owners in that regard), neither is what we think of him, all that matters to him is Turnover and profit