St James' Park

Delima

Guest johnson293

The "Lady Grey" is still the "Adelphi" and 40 odd years after last standing under the roof of the noisiest end in football it's still the "Leazes End".

Owners will come and go, as will sponsors of this that and the other, but as long as there's a stadium on Gallowgate it will only ever be known as St.James' to Geordies irrespective of who pays for the naming rights.

:clap:

In a nutshell: Ashley defecated our beautiful stadium with his ugly Sports Direct signs in an attempt to increase advertising for his business. Sky and BBC have routinely avoided showing that when panning the stadium in their stadium shots so Ashley needs to try something fool proof to make sure they advertise it. Cue him renaming the stadium. We won't see a fucking penny from it.

Guest Chubby Jason

This is possibly the worst thing the fat prick has done since buying the club. Bravo old boy.

Easily. Makes relegation feel like blowie from each of the saturdays.

All we can do is ignore it and grin and bear it until the piece of shit sells up. It'll always be St James' Park no matter what the fat scum bag wants to call it. Fuck him and fuck his despicable lap dog cunt Lambias. I told myself months ago that they only way I can continue to support NUFC is if I forget who owns the club and the boardroom situation all together and just focus on how we're doing on the pitch. So fuck them.

I hope all those who are saying this is worth it for the money it MIGHT bring in at some point in the future are also happy for everyone to raise their expectations accordingly and demand more money to be spent on better, more expensive players, keeping our best at the club and for us to compete higher up the league and/or for silverware on a regular basis. Because that's what Mr Llambias says is in return for selling 120 years of tradition. We need this 'to compete' he says - well we're doing alright at present competing for a European spot doing it on a shoestring budget, hoping to strike the jackpot on cheap players coming good like Tiote, Ba and Cabaye. More money and we can go for the title, right?

Somehow I think not, and the same people will be telling everyone else how lucky we are to have frugal Mike.

I hope all those who are saying this is worth it for the money it MIGHT bring in at some point in the future are also happy for everyone to raise their expectations accordingly and demand more money to be spent on better, more expensive players, keeping our best at the club and for us to compete higher up the league and/or for silverware on a regular basis. Because that's what Mr Llambias says is in return for selling 120 years of tradition. We need this 'to compete' he says - well we're doing alright at present competing for a European spot doing it on a shoestring budget, hoping to strike the jackpot on cheap players coming good like Tiote, Ba and Cabaye. More money and we can go for the title, right?

Somehow I think not, and the same people will be telling everyone else how lucky we are to have frugal Mike.

:thup:

Guest Chubby Jason

Don't be daft man, there are people on here that would defend this disgusting ownership regardless of how low they sink.

Guest johnson293

everything was going so well, now this.....

if we start to lose ashley is the one to blame

Why should the stadium name affect the players performances?

So what's the craic with the actual naming other than sponsorship?  Are journalist required to call it the Sports Direct Arena?  Before a match does it have to be called the same or can they still call it St James' Park?  Obviously we will always call it St James', but what about media outlets?

Guest Chubby Jason

It's destroyed a huge amount of good will from the supporters. Don't be surprised if that translates onto the pitch.

So what's the craic with the actual naming other than sponsorship?  Are journalist required to call it the Sports Direct Arena?  Before a match does it have to be called the same or can they still call it St James' Park?  Obviously we will always call it St James', but what about media outlets?

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,36257.msg3328281.html#msg3328281

The rest will follow.

the mood around the club is a massive factor in results IMO, and the fat cunts have sabotaged this with great frequency

:thup:

by 'we need to compete' I assume this in the special 'clubs run by dicks' league.