St James' Park

Delima

Let's hope no-one tells Ashley what happened to the New York MetroStars and SV Salzburg and gives him any ideas...

so what happened to them?

They changed name.

New York Red Bulls

FC Red Bull Salzburg

so...

Sports Direct Football Club (SDFC)

That Red Bulls s*** still kills me.

Henry in a Metrostars jersey would have been outstanding.

I am the proud owner of a NY/NJ Metrostars top.

Got myself the first sounders top. Cost £60...worst money i've ever spent. top looked horrible on me.

I couldn't imagine Newcastle United becoming SDFC, playing in Red and Blue.

No way would I continue to support it, dont think it would be possible.

Would be Gateshead FC for me.

Nee chance would it ever happen man. Black and white strips are iconic, and he'd lose all shirt/merchandise sales because no fucker would buy anything red and blue.

Nee chance would it ever happen man. Black and white strips are iconic, and he'd lose all shirt/merchandise sales because no f***er would buy anything red and blue.

Colo is wearing the new kit in Disco's sig.

Nee chance would it ever happen man. Black and white strips are iconic, and he'd lose all shirt/merchandise sales because no f***er would buy anything red and blue.

Colo is wearing the new kit in Disco's sig.

The thought of that being NUFC is really disturbing :lol:

I wouldn't put anything past him but that is surely the lowest he could possibly sink!

Do you collect football shirts?

Try and pick up one when I'm on hols if they're going cheap but don't 'collect them'. Seem to remember I paid $15 for it.

Do you collect football shirts?

Try and pick up one when I'm on hols if they're going cheap but don't 'collect them'. Seem to remember I paid $15 for it.

I collect shirts.  Have aboot 50 or so, all sorts.

Anyway, just to keep this thread on track ---------> ASHLEY FOOK OFF!

Guest Roy the Irish Magpie

i bleed black and white not red and blue. I love newcastle united not sports direct united. I probley would stop supporting although im not entirly sure because im very attached atm. If however it were to happen and say angry fans made a reborn NUFC like wilbedon(dunno how to spell it) fans did then that reborn club would have my support.

i bleed black and white not red and blue. I love newcastle united not sports direct united. I probley would stop supporting although im not entirly sure because im very attached atm. If however it were to happen and say angry fans made a reborn NUFC like wilbedon(dunno how to spell it) fans did then that reborn club would have my support.

:lol: i love this guy

Guest Roger Kint

If he did there would people on here defending him for it.

Perhaps they have fantasies about being royally shafted by fat cockney rip off merchants and don't want it to end. 

Utter bollocks as always

Guest Vinkent

Im disappointed theyre mucking about with the sign but the bloke would go up a tad in my estimations if the advertising either side of the new badge being put up was something like the SBR Foundation.

Of course, he's not bright enough to consider that though....

Posted on skunkers;

The signage

SportsDirect<Club Crest>St James' Park

Confirmed by one of the groundsmen.

Got no issues with that myself. No doubt some people will be furious but plenty of teams have their sponsors plastered somewhere on the stadium/seats.

Posted on skunkers;

The signage

SportsDirect<Club Crest>St James' Park

Confirmed by one of the groundsmen.

I'll take it as a pinch of salt. Wouldn't be surprised if this turned out to be true mind :(

Guest johnson293

http://www.reed.co.uk/Resources/images/logos/sportsDirectLogo.gifhttp://a1.twimg.com/profile_images/1509830083/newcastle-united-crest_normal.jpghttp://www.reed.co.uk/Resources/images/logos/sportsDirectLogo.gif

:troll:

Got no issues with that myself. No doubt some people will be furious but plenty of teams have their sponsors plastered somewhere on the stadium/seats.

We've got it plastered all over the stadium and they're not our sponsors.

im all for generating extra revenue for the club for something cosmetic, but its not as if were getting any money for this. its signage for his company, which is basically free advertisement.

stuff like signage and sponsors only are ever temporary and will never be permanent. if the club were to get 10mil or more cash for simply changing the ground name, id definitely take it. It will always be SJP to me, always and no doubt 90% of other people.

We've got it plastered all over the stadium and they're not our sponsors.

:thup: will look fucking shit.