St James' Park

Delima

Currently, it's earning us sweet FA and showcasing how to brazenly alienate fans and degrade a fantastic stadium. Why would any owner that cared do that? He's taking the piss. Or was it a 'tough decision'. I'm a liberal minded person and I'd like to think i'm tolerant and non-reactionary but this just smacks of a decision with no other agenda than to be blatantly obnoxious.

You could think Ashley is doing a brilliant job, but still hate the idea of the stadium being renamed. I think people are clever enough to hold different opinions on different issues. Just because people are upset at the stadium renaming doesnt mean the pitchforks are coming out and hits are being sorted for Ashley and Llambais.

Whey! Someone who listens to an opposing view and bothers to not resort to complete polar reaction. I for one am made up at the league position but not the expense of the one thing that all fans uninanimously love. It's a abhorrent decision.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

:clap: indeed

Brand pays us approx 10mil per season

If we look at the Man City deal as that is the most recent naming rights deal: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-city/8624337/Manchester-Citys-10m-deal-with-Etihad-for-stadium-naming-rights.html

That article tells me Man City got about £10 million & everyone knows Etihad paid well over the odds so to think we are going to get anywhere near that is bonkers.

Guest sicko2ndbest

If we look at the Man City deal as that is the most recent naming rights deal: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-city/8624337/Manchester-Citys-10m-deal-with-Etihad-for-stadium-naming-rights.html

That article tells me Man City got about £10 million & everyone knows Etihad paid well over the odds so to think we are going to get anywhere near that is bonkers.

I'm sure it was more like 400m over 10 years

Guest sicko2ndbest

Poll to see who actually approves? .

In regards to getting 10 million for the naming rights. Who's to say it will get invested in the team? 

Who's to say it won't???

Poll to see who actually approves? .

In regards to getting 10 million for the naming rights. Who's to say it will get invested in the team? 

A poll would be interesting and I'll be surprised if 90% aren't against the rebranding.

I'm sure it was more like 400m over 10 years

It is a multi layered sponsorship deal covering shirts,ground,financial support & sporting facility. The naming rights of ground is meant to be about £10 million.

I was pretty apathetic when I first heard the name was being taken down (I'd expended all my energy being fucked off when it was first announced he was changing the name of the ground) but the more I think about it the more irritated I get. Not just at Ashley but at the game in general. We'll be the first of many no doubt, selling (I use the term very loosely. I doubt we'll get anything for this) our heritage down the river for a few pieces of silver. It's wrong.

It's being jet washed as we type/speak

Must be triple pay for a Sunday night, wooooo we could get a scam going :D

:lol:

Increasing employment in the North East since 2012, doing a better job than the Tories anyway :D