St James' Park

Delima

Guest Howaythetoon

I wonder how long he'll stick around for?

He's been here for 5 years now. 3 and a half he's been hated.

If someone gave him his money back, he'd snap their hands off. That's the saving grace for me that the club is up for sale and always will be, not offocially but if someone offered him his money back he'd take it.

He will run the club in a way that will not require further money from him to keep it going and in the meantime, he'll get as much exposure for his baby Sports Direct as he can, whatever the cost.

The only good thing from his time here which admittedly will be a big fucking thing, is we will be self sufficient in terms of the club being debt free to anyone other than the man himself, we'll operate well within our means and will not lose silly money, waste silly money etc.

I reckon we could be sold in the next 2 years, the World Cup is up after the Euros and that will spark new interest in buying a footy club. The Arabs would love to buy another PL club but we have always been overpriced. Us and Everton could possibly ba  future target for the Arabs, especially with the

I wish "all the arabs" would fuck off. Ruining the game imo all this rich boys hobby shit. Theyve got so much money they dont know what to do with it. "Ooo I know i'll buy a football club, that will be fun"

Guest Chris P

Isn't St James Park part of the town moor along with Exhibition Park and Leazes Park. If so then we all own it.

Therefore No numpty can come in and change its name. If the odd twat wants to throw up the odd advertisement emblazoned across his leased property who give's a fuck. Seriously.

The history of St. James' Park and the land it sits on is amazing, there are several books out ther that go into great detail and contain some amazing pics that many people on here would do well to read, even those that hate what's happened. There have been so many great games staged at our magnificent ground too. Its an historic stadium not just in terms of English football, but world football. Today its basically a bowl plastered with adverts though. Its tacky and disrespects the history of our stadium to the point its actually offensive. I'd love to smash mike ashley over the face with one of his big oversized f***ing sports direct mugs. The c***.

tbf for large swathes of the 80's there was a crap stadium with a poor atmosphere. what we have now is far better than that, not as good as it could or indeed should be but lets not make out it's always been great cos it hasn't.

The history of St. James' Park and the land it sits on is amazing, there are several books out ther that go into great detail and contain some amazing pics that many people on here would do well to read, even those that hate what's happened. There have been so many great games staged at our magnificent ground too. Its an historic stadium not just in terms of English football, but world football. Today its basically a bowl plastered with adverts though. Its tacky and disrespects the history of our stadium to the point its actually offensive. I'd love to smash mike ashley over the face with one of his big oversized f***ing sports direct mugs. The c***.

tbf for large swathes of the 80's there was a crap stadium with a poor atmosphere. what we have now is far better than that, not as good as it could or indeed should be but lets not make out it's always been great cos it hasn't.

When was this poor atmosphere? I've been going longer than most on here and the atmosphere was generally very good with the odd exception.

When was this poor atmosphere? I've been going longer than most on here and the atmosphere was generally very good with the odd exception.

it was good when you were in the middle of it, from the paddocks it was often s****.  20,000 in a largely open stadium is often going to do that. i'd certsinly put in those 2nd divisionsd season till keegan came, then the seasons just before we got relegated.

The 80s was an excellent time. Depends how you define an atmosphere.

Packed and very loud it wasn't, always.

A mega good laugh and crazy...it was :D

And the ground was on par with the majority of it's time. Not the big boys...but it was still a ground away supporters loved to come to.

up to 84n was good, then it went a bit shit when jack charlton managed us, we just lingered around lower mid to just above relegation for a few seasons and went down, plying in front of 20 odd thousands for most of the time.  The fact theer was no stand at the leazes end for the whole of the 80s , was a big miss.

Early day Motion 2743

That this House deeply regrets the decision to rebrand the historic home of Newcastle United Football Club, St James' Park; condemns the corporate vandalism perpetrated by the clubs owners in removing the name “St James’ Park” from the stadium; warmly endorses the now famous front page banner headline of the local Evening Chronicle ‘St James' Park and Always Will Be’; notes that the Chief Executive of Newcastle's new shirt sponsor, Virgin Money has added her concerns about the rebranding and hopes that others will follow her example; notes that Newcastle City Council have debated and agreed a motion stating that the Council have no plans to change any way-finding signs which bear the name St James’ Park, rather than the name of Mike Ashley’s business; and urges Mike Ashley the owner of Newcastle United to reconsider his decision.

Also interesting that the shirt sponsors are uncomfortable about it, shows it's not as simple as Less History = More Corporate Money

If someone gave him his money back, he'd snap their hands off. That's the saving grace for me that the club is up for sale and always will be, not offocially but if someone offered him his money back he'd take it.

He will run the club in a way that will not require further money from him to keep it going and in the meantime, he'll get as much exposure for his baby Sports Direct as he can, whatever the cost.

The only good thing from his time here which admittedly will be a big fucking thing, is we will be self sufficient in terms of the club being debt free to anyone other than the man himself, we'll operate well within our means and will not lose silly money, waste silly money etc.

I reckon we could be sold in the next 2 years, the World Cup is up after the Euros and that will spark new interest in buying a footy club. The Arabs would love to buy another PL club but we have always been overpriced. Us and Everton could possibly ba  future target for the Arabs, especially with the

i realise it's not directly related but at the end of the day on the pitch we're in about as good shape as we've been for the the 20+ years i've been watching us minus 2-3 exceptional seasons of course

let's hope hope mike fucks off with his signs eh?

Guest neesy111

Are you seriously still here? You may aswell be a joke account these days man you retarded fat mong.

He's not fat.

I'm over-weight.

The only good thing from his time here which admittedly will be a big f***ing thing, is we will be self sufficient in terms of the club being debt free to anyone other than the man himself, we'll operate well within our means and will not lose silly money, waste silly money etc.

i realise it's not directly related but at the end of the day on the pitch we're in about as good shape as we've been for the the 20+ years i've been watching us minus 2-3 exceptional seasons of course

let's hope hope mike f***s off with his signs eh?

Such a simplistic way of looking at things.

And anyway i'd say it's mroe than 2 or 3 exceptional seasons.

*EDIT* Maybe 2006 too. They have all been better than this one.

The only good thing from his time here which admittedly will be a big f***ing thing, is we will be self sufficient in terms of the club being debt free to anyone other than the man himself, we'll operate well within our means and will not lose silly money, waste silly money etc.

Maybe 2007 have all been better than this one too.

you've scraped 8 seasons from the 20 i referred to as being better than or equal to what we have now, kind of proving my point for me really

you've scraped 8 seasons from the 20 i referred to as being better than or equal to what we have now, kind of proving my point for me really

In fairness, you said you've only seen '2-3' exceptional seasons from us in 20, he's just gone and named 5 or so more :lol: And although they were terrible seasons, we have reached our share of semi and cup finals over the years.

In fairness, you said you've only seen '2-3' exceptional seasons from us in 20, he's just gone and named 5 or so more :lol: And although they were terrible seasons, we have reached our share of semi and cup finals over the years.

yeah i underestimated, was an off the cuff remark but he's talking 8 seasons from 20 at a stretch there - the fucking semantics-free point being, bah do i really have to explain the point ffs? :lol:

Guest bimpy474

The reason some look back on those as good seasons, there was a feel good factor about them, Ashley finds ways of putting negative thoughts in, this season is going well yet we have the name changing, expecting us to sell players, not buying any etc.

Guest bimpy474

Wait, has it been graffiti'd twice? I thought it was just once.

Of course its twice :D  the 2nd Vincent Willem van Gogh put the ' this time :D

Guest Howaythetoon

This club was well ran from the day Sir John Hall walked into the club 92 to the day we appointed Souness, 2005, that's when this club started to be ran badly. Not as badly as it was ran in Ashley's first 3 years or so though that brought about relegation.