St James' Park

Delima

Totally agree. Exactly what i've said on countless occasions. If not it should surely be illegal.

How could they make it illegal? He owns the club, it's like telling someone what air freshener they put in their car :lol:

The vast majority of them are in places that wouldn't generate revenue anyway as nobody would pay to advertise in said locations.

Given that we still have advertising of other brands and companies I doubt the club are turning down decent offers for advertising space, rather just filling gaps (granted, a hell of a lot of them) with SportsDirect.Com.

It's his club, he can do what the hell he likes with it. It's not free advertising, he owns the fucking club and it's the least he can expect for the interest free loan.

Of course it is free advertising, he is taking up space all over the place. I understand that businesses might not be keen on adverts such as that on the roof of the Gallowgate, but he is advertising around the concourse, around the pitch, on the post match interview boards, on the seats in the dug out, in boards around the outside of the ground, all locations that businesses WILL pay for and theres plenty more of them. He even said it himself that all this Sports Direct stuff is them showcasing advertising space, so if he is taking up advertising space for nothing, how is it not free advertising?

All I'm saying is, while he is taking up all this space, it would be nice for the club to get something out of it, such as paying off any debts. Either way that loan will get paid when he sells the club and comes looking for it, or when he sells the club to someone for the club value + the loan.

"St James' Park currently seats 52,339 people but Mike Ashley would consider taking the roof off The Gallowgate end and adding another 6,000 seats making the total capacity to 58,339, but only if the team manage to finish in the top six places of the Premier League"

I read this on our Wikipedia, this happening now then?  :bluestar:

"St James' Park currently seats 52,339 people but Mike Ashley would consider taking the roof off The Gallowgate end and adding another 6,000 seats making the total capacity to 58,339, but only if the team manage to finish in the top six places of the Premier League"

I read this on our Wikipedia, this happening now then?  :bluestar:

It would actually take capacity up towards 60k-62k. When he came in he said he was in favour of the plans FS had.

Am I the only one who thinks losing the Gallowgate roof would destroy the atmosphere?

erm you may be

Just think the roof works quite well in making the atmosphere that bit better. It gets completely lost in the Leazes.

Am I the only one who thinks losing the Gallowgate roof would destroy the atmosphere?

erm you may be

Just think the roof works quite well in making the atmosphere that bit better. It gets completely lost in the Leazes.

Acoustic wise you may be right but is an exra 10000 voices not gong to compensate for it ?

erm you may be

Acoustic wise you may be right but is an exra 10000 voices not gong to compensate for it ?

Depends on if they sing :razz:

Don't get me wrong, visually it would look class.

How much would it cost to extend the Gallowgate?  Must be a pretty large amount - but I suppose if you get an extra 10,000 seats it would generate a fair bit of money coming it.

I thought that there were problems with the foundations behind the Gallowgate though that would make it hard to do.  I suppose you also have the issue of the metro as well.

How much would it cost to extend the Gallowgate?  Must be a pretty large amount - but I suppose if you get an extra 10,000 seats it would generate a fair bit of money coming it.

I thought that there were problems with the foundations behind the Gallowgate though that would make it hard to do.  I suppose you also have the issue of the metro as well.

£35M just for the plans...............:yao: