St James' Park

Delima

If Ashley hadn't renamed the ground he'd be closing in on a sainthood shortly. It's the only thing he's done that really still gets me angry.

Yep.

And the whole September 2008-July 2009 stuff.

If Ashley hadn't renamed the ground he'd be closing in on a sainthood shortly. It's the only thing he's done that really still gets me angry.

Yep.

And the whole September 2008-July 2009 stuff.

I can forgive that, everyone makes mistakes...... the only thing that really pisses me off is the ground re-naming( and everything that came with it) like Ian said......

The more statues the better I say.

Shearer, Milburn , Robson, Harvey in all 4 corners of the stadium.

Coloccini statue if he wins a trophy as captain would be epic, imagine the Bronze curls.

This would be awesome. Would love to see this at some point in my lifetime (if not the near future). :)

Not before this happens. Cheeky pearoast.

http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/8986/ameobistatues.jpg

The more statues the better I say.

Shearer, Milburn , Robson, Harvey in all 4 corners of the stadium.

Coloccini statue if he wins a trophy as captain would be epic, imagine the Bronze curls.

This would be awesome. Would love to see this at some point in my lifetime (if not the near future). :)

Not before this happens. Cheeky pearoast.

http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/8986/ameobistatues.jpg

Each side of the Tyne. Protect us from mackems.

@cognoscentinovo on twitter is incensed by the statue.

Strange.

Think he just says things to be contrary, does so with most aspects of modern football.

Earned a nice un-follow today from me.  I'm all for people having opinions but not when they are so toxic that the bullshit is being spread seemingly to attract attention and start arguments.

@cognoscentinovo on twitter is incensed by the statue.

Strange.

Think he just says things to be contrary, does so with most aspects of modern football.

Earned a nice un-follow today from me.  I'm all for people having opinions but not when they are so toxic that the bullshit is being spread seemingly to attract attention and start arguments.

Aye, he's went a bit far with this one.

Lady Elsie said: 'It's very fitting that there will be a tribute to Bob outside Newcastle United's ground. This is where his love of football began.

'As a boy, he would come here with his dad and he likely queued to get into the ground where the statue will be sited.

'My husband's career took him all over the world, but he was always a Newcastle fan at heart. He loved this club and was very proud to be its manager.

'I think the statue design is wonderful and I'm very grateful to Newcastle United for funding it.'

:) Brilliant news

Guest Howaythetoon

There are far more people previously associated with NUFC who deserve a statue more than Sir Bobby, people like Alan Shearer, Joe Harvey, even Hughie Gallacher and Kevin Keegan who all achieved or did more for NUFC than Bobby. But Bobby transcends above all those in terms of what he means to the city, region and its people and therefore does deserve a statue. And where more fitting than at St. Jame's Park, the home of Newcastle United, the club that can be argued, created Sir Bobby. One of our region's greatest people and one of our nation's best exports in terms of succeeding abroad and in such a contested area too. Bobby may not be at the top of the all-time NUFC legends list but he must surely be at the top of the all-time greatest Geordie to have lived list.

There are far more people previously associated with NUFC who deserve a statue more than Sir Bobby, people like Alan Shearer, Joe Harvey, even Hughie Gallacher and Kevin Keegan who all achieved or did more for NUFC than Bobby. But Bobby transcends above all those in terms of what he means to the city, region and its people and therefore does deserve a statue. And where more fitting than at St. Jame's Park, the home of Newcastle United, the club that can be argued, created Sir Bobby. One of our region's greatest people and one of our nation's best exports in terms of succeeding abroad and in such a contested area too. Bobby may not be at the top of the all-time NUFC legends list but he must surely be at the top of the all-time greatest Geordie to have lived list.

:thup:

:thup: