St James' Park

Delima

Guest WashyGeordie

Apparently people's had in their renewal letters that the Youngs Person/Student Area in Level 7 is going to be moved down to NW Corner Lv4 and that Level 7 is to become all Family/kids (Yes, next to the away fans, gah!)

If anyone's interested Ultras Newcastle are trying to get people who want to sing etc, to move into NW lv4 next to the 'movers' from Level 7 from next season to blocks F/E.

Ahh this carry on again...

I still think having family (kids etc) near the away fans is a stupid idea.

Less chance of conflict, makes sense.

For all I agree with that, my worry would be if there is conflict then they're directly in the firing line.

Ahh this carry on again...

I still think having family (kids etc) near the away fans is a stupid idea.

Less chance of conflict, makes sense.

I suppose, I'm just thinking if arsehole fans do start the families will get the brunt of it, also I'm sure people taking their kids and sitting in the family area wouldn't be happy at hearing some of the more 'nasty' chants, hence sitting in the family area.

Yeah, you would like to assume that the purpose of a family area was to protect families, including young children, from any abuse or shenanigans.  Thus it should be suitably placed within the ground as to be protected from any areas that have a higher likelihood of abusive chanting etc.

The purpose of a family area should not act as a buffer zone between away and home fans or as a dampener in some long-shot hope that due to proximity to parents and children the hundreds of drunk - probably - away fans will behave.

Guest WashyGeordie

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/38184

Safe Standing in the Premiership and Championship that follows the German Model

Responsible department: Department for Culture, Media and Sport

Football fans all over the UK have been asking for safe standing. We would like to follow the German model of safe standing that has proven to work efficiently after many years of use in Germany. Safe standing has proven to be safe and many fans want the option to stand whilst watching the club they support. The DFB in Germany have granted clubs the option to add standing areas and this leads to an increase in atmosphere and may even lead to an increase in attendances. The rail seats concept is a great one and clubs should be given the right to implement them.

The new bar at St James' Park won't now be called 'Bobbys', and will now be called 'The Terrace' instead.... due to open for the Fulham match.

64788_478467125542312_948537414_n.jpg

Apparently Lady Elsie objected to the name of the bar as another tribute, with the statue and memorial garden already.

Is it really needed? We're not exactly short of bars near the ground.

When I first heard about it, I'd read it was opening as 'Shearers' was due to undergo a refurb. So not sure how longterm it will be, and if there is an intention to ever keep both bars at the ground.

It's dead space and it'll make money. Be a bit daft to leave it empty.

S'pose, I never go in Shearer's pre-match but I guess a lot of people do.

Shearer's is always rammed with daft away supporters who don't think to walk 30 seconds down the road to one of the many hundreds of other bars in the city centre. I imagine this'll be the same.

I actually like going to Shearer's when I'm over. :lol: Sam Jacks seems to be the best spot though. Hopefully they don't close Shearer's permanently to extend the club shop or put a Sports Direct in.

I actually like going to Shearer's when I'm over. :lol: Sam Jacks seems to be the best spot though. Hopefully they don't close Shearer's permanently to extend the club shop or put a Sports Direct in.

In the club box office today I just looked around and it just felt temporary. I think the club shop will be refurbished pretty soon and the main box office will be located there. If it get extend into Shearers or replaces Shearer's is another question.

Went in last night, absolutely rammed, and 2 of the worst 'pints' I've had for a long time. 

Should've called it Gazza's tbh.

I think Keegan or Beardsley are more deserving imo

erm...notsureifserious.gif

Guest chicken little

Should've called it Gazza's tbh.

I think Keegan or Beardsley are more deserving imo

Should have just called it 'The Ba' tbf

f*** that, it will never give anyone any service.

http://gifsforum.com/images/gif/approval/grand/little_kid_approve_gif.gif