St James' Park

Delima

You're better off just getting something in the Leazes if there's nowt in the Gallowgate. You're missing out on the proper experience if you're in the Platinum Club.

Ah interesting. So one of the ends is best way to go, then? I'll keep looking for four in a row (insert Pardew joke here) in either Leazes or Gallowgate. Otherwise it might just have to be Platinum.

Also, this being my first time in Newcastle, any recommendations on a spot to hit up pre-game for a drink? Is there a place any of the forum members mingle in? Would love to grab a drink and put faces to some of the usernames I've become familiar with.

We'll be in the city for another day before heading to Edinburgh, so would love any recommendations on what we should do, see, etc.

Loads of tickets in the Gallowgate upper tier, only thing with being up there though is you don't get a full view of the stadium, which won't bother most but I'd probably want to take it all in as a first timer. Next best shout's probably the Gallowgate West corner. Loads of sets of 4 in there.

Loads of tickets in the Gallowgate upper tier, only thing with being up there though is you don't get a full view of the stadium, which won't bother most but I'd probably want to take it all in as a first timer. Next best shout's probably the Gallowgate West corner. Couple sets of 4 in there.

Oh sweet! Thanks.

View from the Milburn stand

http://files.stv.tv/imagebase/185/623x349/185140-newcastle-uniteds-st-james-park.jpg

That's actually not too bad either. Cheers.

I think the plat club is further along to the left mind but it gives you an idea.  I wouldn't fancy paying those prices but its ayour first game etc.

http://files.stv.tv/imagebase/185/623x349/185140-newcastle-uniteds-st-james-park.jpg

I think the plat club is further along to the left mind but it gives you an idea.  I wouldn't fancy paying those prices but its ayour first game etc.

Yeah, as bad as it sounds, I'm not too bothered about the price right now as the excitement is akin to a pilgrim making his first journey to Mecca... I'm going to see the King, after all.

Yeah, as bad as it sounds, I'm not too bothered about the price right now as the excitement is akin to a pilgrim making his first journey to Mecca... I'm going to assassinate the King, after all.

You'll get a better shot at him if you're in the Gallowgate. :thup:

Yeah, as bad as it sounds, I'm not too bothered about the price right now as the excitement is akin to a pilgrim making his first journey to Mecca... I'm going to assassinate the King, after all.

You'll get a better shot at him if you're in the Gallowgate. :thup:

:lol: I've been misquoted. Although the sentiment is true.

I just hope I'm sat next to Ben Arfa.

And please, please have a jolly good protest planned for when I'm there, I would relish a few anti-establishment chants.

There literally isn't a bad seat in the ground in terms of view, imo. The only place I've ever been that was slightly awkward was up against the dividing wall of the East Stand/Leases End.

There literally isn't a bad seat in the ground in terms of view, imo. The only place I've ever been that was slightly awkward was up against the dividing wall of the East Stand/Leases End.

I dunno there are a few bad spots. Ever sat at the back of the Gallowgate? Could be the sunniest day of the year and it's still dark up there with a view of the roof

Row U (?) is excellent! Absolute 'atmosphere trap' if it's a good game. Doesn't obscure any of the pitch, either.

Atmosphere is good up there definitely.

It's not quite the away end at Liverpool though when it comes to a roof in the way, don't get me wrong :lol:

The dividing wall between the East stand and the Gallowgate corner has a pretty awful view. Me and my GF went to watch a European game a few years back and if we sat facing directly forward we were looking a good couple of yards behind the goal line. Had to sit turned in our seat the entire game. Didn't help that there were two tall fat cunts sitting down the row, so my GF couldn't see a thing. Ended up moving for the second half to the upper Gallowgate and sat right in the middle. It was like buying your first widescreen TV after being stuck with a bedroom portable.

Looks like Rugby League's Magic Weekend is going to be held at SJP next year...

@Chrisirvine

More a question now of precisely when for Magic Weekend @NUFC in 2015 #GeordieMagic #rugbyleague

It's amazing what this club means to fans, even those far and wide like me, the Keegan-era bandwagon jumpers who've hung on even as the bandwagon has gone through entire warzones and we've had our fingers sat on by Ashley, Shepherd, etc. Definitely some kind of character or mental flaw that makes someone like me spend all this dosh to come see this lot and feel giddy like a child with excitement even while I'm backing all the fan protests and completely agree with fans not attending games anymore.

And I'm bringing my mates with me, so that's a lot of money into Ashley's pocket.

Guest Roger Kint

What time of year does that happen because we also have the Rugby Union World Cup matches next year as well?

Usually end of May isnt it?

Had to take a group of Brazilians on a tour of SJP today for work. Haven't been to the stadium in years, was quite interesting but really disappointed by the state of the place, no surprises really.

Wonga signs going up above the exits and onto the concourse from inside the ground (Were they there last season?). It's on all of the staff apparel now too, every picture up inside the stadium has it displayed.

Seems to be a few empty corporate boxes now, at least 1/3 had the name plates taken down. Bloke on the tour was saying he wasn't sure why.

Bellamy scratching his name in the old home dressing room (now the away one). They hang shirts up of the other premier league teams, but Stoke aren't happy about it for some reason.

Mentioned a screen possibly being installed in September / next September (probably not like, that rumour's been going around for ages).

New flood lighting in place, will also be used for concerts and so on as well I think he said - possibly one of the reasons they've justified putting them in.

Pardew putting the captain / vice captain together at the top end of the dressing room, for some sort of 'dining room style 'head of the table' thing. Colo, De jong (Luuk) and Ameobi sat together kind of away from the other players.  Fat Sams analysis screen thing is still there though apparently it's never used. All the French guys apart from Obertan have their place together in a line, but it's being switched around this season apparently - Dummet and Elliot been swapped over or something. It's odd that around the directors box area and stuff there is still a framed picture of De Jong (I think?) winning a header with a stupid look on his face, along with a few other pointless ones.

Carpets and stuff look fucking tatty inside.

You know, for a business that makes millions it really wouldn't take much money to fix the place up a bit, all the SD shite inside the tunnel really pisses me off as well; it goes all the way back. Least it's not shown on the Gallowgate roof any more (from what I could see).

Some of that is probably guff / already known, but was quite interesting to see it behind closed doors. Hasn't got a patch on other stadium tours I've been on.

Guest Howaythetoon

Had to take a group of Brazilians on a tour of SJP today for work. Haven't been to the stadium in years, was quite interesting but really disappointed by the state of the place, no surprises really.

Wonga signs going up above the exits and onto the concourse from inside the ground (Were they there last season?). It's on all of the staff apparel now too, every picture up inside the stadium has it displayed.

Seems to be a few empty corporate boxes now, at least 1/3 had the name plates taken down. Bloke on the tour was saying he wasn't sure why.

Bellamy scratching his name in the old home dressing room (now the away one). They hang shirts up of the other premier league teams, but Stoke aren't happy about it for some reason.

Mentioned a screen possibly being installed in September / next September (probably not like, that rumour's been going around for ages).

New flood lighting in place, will also be used for concerts and so on as well I think he said - possibly one of the reasons they've justified putting them in.

Pardew putting the captain / vice captain together at the top end of the dressing room, for some sort of 'dining room style 'head of the table' thing. Colo, De jong (Luuk) and Ameobi sat together kind of away from the other players.  Fat Sams analysis screen thing is still there though apparently it's never used. All the French guys apart from Obertan have their place together in a line, but it's being switched around this season apparently - Dummet and Elliot been swapped over or something. It's odd that around the directors box area and stuff there is still a framed picture of De Jong (I think?) winning a header with a stupid look on his face, along with a few other pointless ones.

Carpets and stuff look f***ing tatty inside.

You know, for a business that makes millions it really wouldn't take much money to fix the place up a bit, all the SD s**** inside the tunnel really pisses me off as well; it goes all the way back. Least it's not shown on the Gallowgate roof any more (from what I could see).

Some of that is probably guff / already known, but was quite interesting to see it behind closed doors. Hasn't got a patch on other stadium tours I've been on.

It badly needs modernising inside and out. I'd happily see them for example spend a few million of tarting up the place than on a player. Its a depressing place these days and that's not counting the actual football.