St James' Park

Delima

• 3 weeks later...

Won't be able to fill up the East stand so yeah just the Gallowgate would do. How many seats would we be able to add if we extended the Gallowgate? Seeing the Etihad added another tier to their equivalent of the Gallowgate plus 2 rows of seats around the pitch has taken up their capacity quite considerably.

I do wonder why we cant add another row or two of seats around the pitch too seeing there is space to do so.

Guest firetotheworks

Dunno if it's been mentioned but the increase in students is mainly down to the rise in International Students, particularly Chinese Students. Home Student numbers have risen year on year, but that's as a result of Newcastle and Northumbria expansion and taking a larger percentage of the national pool of students due to excellent NSS scores, excellent results and more recently in the case of the Business School, triple accreditation, which only 1% of universities worldwide have. The pool of prospective students hasn't really risen all that much in comparison to both Newcastle University and Northumbria University intake, so student fees haven't meant that home student numbers have continued to rise regardless, but they haven't dropped vs the annual increments either. For now at least anyway.

Won't be able to fill up the East stand so yeah just the Gallowgate would do. How many seats would we be able to add if we extended the Gallowgate? Seeing the Etihad added another tier to their equivalent of the Gallowgate plus 2 rows of seats around the pitch has taken up their capacity quite considerably.

I do wonder why we cant add another row or two of seats around the pitch too seeing there is space to do so.

he first row at St James' is already at pitch level. Add another 2/3 rows and the view will be awful and you won't be able to read the game because your head will be at or close to pitch level. They're the thoughts of people who have been in the new rows at the etihad, at least. I think at the etihad people will go in those first rows once and then never again

Dunno if it's been mentioned but the increase in students is mainly down to the rise in International Students, particularly Chinese Students. Home Student numbers have risen year on year, but that's as a result of Newcastle and Northumbria expansion and taking a larger percentage of the national pool of students due to excellent NSS scores, excellent results and more recently in the case of the Business School, triple accreditation, which only 1% of universities worldwide have. The pool of prospective students hasn't really risen all that much in comparison to both Newcastle University and Northumbria University intake, so student fees haven't meant that home student numbers have continued to rise regardless, but they haven't dropped vs the annual increments either. For now at least anyway.

:lol: dat rhetoric.

Saw someone posting this link, amazing:

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/classic-newcastle-united-pictures-youve-9431236

http://i2.chroniclelive.co.uk/incoming/article9435776.ece/ALTERNATES/s1227b/JS65710838.jpg

Amazing photo. Love the east stand, its arguably better than it is today :lol:. Imagine the capacity increase and atmosphere if we were allowed to fill that today.

he first row at St James' is already at pitch level. Add another 2/3 rows and the view will be awful and you won't be able to read the game because your head will be at or close to pitch level. They're the thoughts of people who have been in the new rows at the etihad, at least. I think at the etihad people will go in those first rows once and then never again

I remember watching a report several years ago about Barca adding a couple of extra rows at or below pitch level. The view was so bad it was laughable. But you can sell those seats when you're Barcelona, like you said we'd sell them once.

Lowering the pitch not an option?

We rarely sell out these days so why expand a stand / add more seats for them to be left empty, just seems stupid financially until we start selling out every week

We often sell out, most of the time it's the away team who do not take their full allocation.

Expanding the stadium could allow for more lower priced tickets, make a load of tickets available for £10, £5 concessions, give tickets away to local schools, clubs, and benefit schemes. NUFC needs to be more of a community club, we shouldn't expand SJP to just sell tickets at £30-£50.

Just develop and expand the Gallowgate. Have a hotel and what have you. If that goes up before any expansion to the Gallowgate, dont see how you could ever expand it again in the future.

It's claimed by all parties involved before any development would still allow for the ground to be extended on that side.