St James' Park

Delima

3 minutes ago, jack j said:

There is 6 straight blocks in level 7 before it turns into a corner and 5 of them are used for a full premier league away allocation which is about 3k so I reckon it would be about 3500

Actually I think you're right, looking at the pictures of the Cambridge away fans at the FA Cup tie, they go all around the corner and that was 5k(ish)

Away fans used to be in that corner of L7, so I think it must be 3k Leazes L7 and 3k in corner of L7. If we extend the Gallowgate in the same way we’d also get more seats in the equivalent of Leazes L4 corner (2k ish) which is why most people think mirroring the Leazes in the Gallowgate will bring us to approx 60k capacity 

1 hour ago, Keegans Export said:

Surely more than that, isn't it nearer 5,000? The away allocation never goes round the corner and I'm sure we've seen 5k away allocations in the past

Definitely not more than 3500 as jack says. I'd agree though you'd think it was a lot more considering its size.

One think of note is that level 7 has some of the most generous leg room in SJP, which costs plenty of extra rows 

That's why I think the gallowgate west corner is just as important for development. It's currently only about 2500

Gallowgate level 7 - adds 3500

Gallowgate west corner - adds about the same 3500 (on top of that existing 2500)

7000 increase if it's a complete mirror image I'd assume they'd tweak it to achieve 60000. 

9 minutes ago, Pancrate1892 said:

That's why I think the gallowgate west corner is just as important for development. It's currently only about 2500

Gallowgate level 7 - adds 3500

Gallowgate west corner - adds about the same 3500 (on top of that existing 2500)

7000 increase if it's a complete mirror image I'd assume they'd tweak it to achieve 60000. 

Also the Gallowgate as it is currently is would be increased. At present the South West Corner only goes up to Level 2 but with an expansion they would surely put a Level 4 block of seating in place same as they did in the Leazes lower when it was expanded.

Altogether probably an 8k increase at most.

4 hours ago, bowlingcrofty said:

Surprised we’ve only just seen these quotes, MPIM was a month ago now, would suggest that at some stage soon we’ll likely see a [substantive?] hike in season ticket prices. But when you consider that match day revenue is still £6m lower than the £34m in the last season before Ashley’s arrival whilst others have surged, feels necessary at some level.

I know people say the main problem is  leazes terrace but is it not the building further down on the corner?

Is that building also a listed building?

I reckon without it we could upgrade the east stand and even mirror the architecture of  leazes terrace if we wanted to.

images (20)~2.jpeg

Just now, RobsonsWonderland said:

I know people say the main problem is  leazes terrace but is it not the building further down on the corner?

I reckon without it we could upgrade the east stand and even mirror the architecture of  leazes terrace if we wanted to.

images (20)~2.jpeg

Even the houses behind would be affected if you try and extend the East Stand - it would block out their light.

4 minutes ago, RobsonsWonderland said:

images (20)~2.jpeg

St James Terrace is closer to the East Stand than Leazes Terrace, also grade 2 listed 

3 minutes ago, duo said:

Even the houses behind would be affected if you try and extend the East Stand - it would block out their light.

I'm not talking a massive increase but an improvement on what we have.

You could add corporate and keep the same or increase the  number of seats but the added benefit of the outside not looking like a 70s eyesore.

download (6).jpeg

32 minutes ago, RobsonsWonderland said:

I'm not talking a massive increase but an improvement on what we have.

You could add corporate and keep the same or increase the  number of seats but the added benefit of the outside not looking like a 70s eyesore.

download (6).jpeg

I would rather keep the roof low than have that huge gap between the top of the East stand and the glass roof. I don’t like the one posted with the glass panelling there either.

Suppose beggars can’t be choosers though in this instance. 

51 minutes ago, LordJake said:

St James Terrace is closer to the East Stand than Leazes Terrace, also grade 2 listed 

Walked past there yesterday, st James terrace is literally 2m from the east stand, in practical terms with regard to leazes terrace you could probably build over the road if the right to light issue was waved....that's why I'm always puzzled why the focus is always on leazes terrace, unless the average person presumes st James terrace is just part of leazes terrace 

I would say if nufc want to ever do anything with the east stand, 2 houses on st James terrace need demolished even to move a couple of feet 

20 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

I would rather keep the roof low than have that huge gap between the top of the East stand and the glass roof. I don’t like the one posted with the glass panelling there either.

Suppose beggars can’t be choosers though in this instance. 

I suppose the idea there is so that the corners can be slightly extended without blocking their view with a roof. Nice idea like but probably nudging slightly toward fantasy

12 hours ago, BrianSwan said:

Coming to St James Park soon.

Celtic fans are always the best when the music hits, I think you guys will rival them for noise and excitement.

Plenty of us have experienced that music before at SJP, you know ... :) 

I don't even think the Dresden proposal is an option for the east stand as there isn't space for the stairwells and stuff behind the stand, the last row on the east stand actually sticks out more than the actual foundations. 

The only solution I can think of is a new far steeper stand designed for all standing like Dortmund and then be able to revert to reduced capacity for European games once the PL gives plus capacity safe standing the green light. 

images.jpeg

"On the other side, there needs to be significant investment in food and beverage. Food and beverage offerings need work"

mGEP2E.gif[/

Edited by Slim

1 hour ago, Whitley mag said:

More incentive if any was needed to expedite redevelopment.

You’d hope so, but 5 years is tight if they still need to do some planning, getting through the planning process, demolition, and then construction.

Edited by Stifler