St James' Park

Delima

Sooooo, I've been onto the Land Registry website this afternoon and decided to have another look. 

Yesterday, a Solicitor acting for 'Newcastle United Football Club Projects Limited' submitted their priority search (basically means you have priority over any other applications that might be subsequently submitted), which you usually submit just before you're about to submit your application to update the title etc. 

Nothing ground breaking, but those searches were submitted against the land in green, so looks like that's what the club has indeed bought back 

image.thumb.png.c0aaba6c42ed53e340d7aa694d5bfcf7.png

image.thumb.png.3ae87531ea426669543d3d74f74843fb.png

image.thumb.png.10a3034e4dd2af588ab5c4cb3fa1238a.png

2 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Ok I take the squared bits being owned by the club at face value, but surely they don’t own the oblong bits and a small part of the hippie green?

Those pigeons will get telt

3 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Ok I take the squared bits being owned by the club at face value, but surely they don’t own the oblong bits and a small part of the hippie green?

Those bits are included on the same title, so technically they do own it.

Do agree it seems odd though.

1 minute ago, TBG said:

Those bits are included on the same title, so technically they do own it.

Do agree it seems odd though.

Fucking hell, just need to walk over that bit of land and you’ll get a football banning order for invading the pitch.

20 hours ago, TBG said:

Sooooo, I've been onto the Land Registry website this afternoon and decided to have another look. 

Yesterday, a Solicitor acting for 'Newcastle United Football Club Projects Limited' submitted their priority search (basically means you have priority over any other applications that might be subsequently submitted), which you usually submit just before you're about to submit your application to update the title etc. 

Nothing ground breaking, but those searches were submitted against the land in green, so looks like that's what the club has indeed bought back 

image.thumb.png.c0aaba6c42ed53e340d7aa694d5bfcf7.png

image.thumb.png.3ae87531ea426669543d3d74f74843fb.png

image.thumb.png.10a3034e4dd2af588ab5c4cb3fa1238a.png

next step.... a big fuck off stand, +13k minimum. should be ready for leicester last game

21 hours ago, Stifler said:

Seen it mentioned elsewhere (maybe on here?) that this is where the underground metro line runs so forms part of that land the station sits on.

23 hours ago, Sima said:

Seen it mentioned elsewhere (maybe on here?) that this is where the underground metro line runs so forms part of that land the station sits on.

What so the club own land beneath the land that they now own? 

It's a bit like Hitlers bunker, do you own Hitlers bunker if the house you own is on top of it? 

• 3 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, JonBez comesock said:

I think if / when we expand we will go to 59/60k maximum and for me that’s perfect 

I think we’ll need to break 60k, possibly going for 62-65k if we can.

We will no doubt start to try and get other events at SJP. Rumours are that Magic weekend will end after this year, so we will probably want to try and get as many other events. I wonder if we’d be interested in going for the Super League final, especially with Old Trafford at some point in the future going to be rebuilt and not being able to host it.

It would also be good if we try and get some of the European finals held here as well.

59/60k could be agreeable now but this is just the start and we'd be selling ourselves short long-term.

We cant sell ourselves short if/when we expand like the 90s then requiring an expensive extension instead of building bigger in the first place.

11 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Do they still have to cover the first few rows of seats in the CL? That'll knock a canny few seats off.

They couldn't sell the first few rows in the East Stand in our first CL campaign in 97/98 (other 3 stands were ok but by the time we were in it again the East Stand had been modified and they could sell right to the bottom.

However Champions League pitchside advertising boards appear to be much higher these days so there's a chance we could lose some capacity. Chelsea lose 2k seats for CL games (they won't have that problem next season).

14 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Do they still have to cover the first few rows of seats in the CL? That'll knock a canny few seats off.

Not for us I don’t think, just Man Utd and Liverpool who have that problem I believe.

5 minutes ago, PauloGeordio said:

What’s the reason behind this? 

The seats are too close to the pitch. With Man Utd, some of the 1st rows are actually below pitch level as well.