St James' Park

Delima

4 hours ago, Ben said:

Has someone just bought the Arena site for £7 million that was originally meant for housing and leisure facilities? 

Yeah, the company behind it has went into administration. 

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/quayside-west-administrators-sell-land-27706192

Sorry for killing you’re PC, laptop or mobile device if you open that link. 

6 minutes ago, Disco said:

Under Ashley the screens used to be so bad you’d need a pair of bins to see.

Must get packed out, as there doesn't seem to be much of an alternative in town these days as far as I can tell. I've never been in there, what size is it ?

4 minutes ago, Holloway said:

Must get packed out, as there doesn't seem to be much of an alternative in town these days as far as I can tell. I've never been in there, what size is it ?

No other bar in Newcastle? 

15 minutes ago, Holloway said:

Was a while back I went but aye it was (and shit) and relatively busy. 

Blue Bell in Sandyford was always my decent option but no idea if they still show it.

14 hours ago, Charlies said:

Yeah, the company behind it has went into administration. 

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/quayside-west-administrators-sell-land-27706192

Sorry for killing you’re PC, laptop or mobile device if you open that link. 

Fucking hate the Ronnie website. Can actually feel the phone overheat processing garbage ads and content when you land on it.

13 hours ago, Holloway said:

I've asked around loads about anywhere showing 3pms and got very little response

They'll never openly advertise it. Just a case of trying a few and chancing your luck. Typically it's usually pubs and clubs outside of the city centre where you have the best chance of finding somewhere showing it.

Hellow, my name is Nikos, I am owner of legit business and authentic greek pub. I have all games showing, especially those of The ToonArmy -toot toot- come on Newcastle! Come to my pub and watch the football. No cops. 

19 minutes ago, Wallsendmag said:

They'll never openly advertise it. Just a case of trying a few and chancing your luck. Typically it's usually pubs and clubs outside of the city centre where you have the best chance of finding somewhere showing it.

Yeah I get that. Having lived away for years I have to rely on word of mouth through old mates etc to see if anywhere is showing it and can't find any city centre venues. I'm up for the Palace game and if I can't get a ticket I'll probably go to Shearers,that's why I'm asking if it gets mobbed and you need to be there early 

22 minutes ago, Holloway said:

Yeah I get that. Having lived away for years I have to rely on word of mouth through old mates etc to see if anywhere is showing it and can't find any city centre venues. I'm up for the Palace game and if I can't get a ticket I'll probably go to Shearers,that's why I'm asking if it gets mobbed and you need to be there early 

It’ll be rammed before ko, but obviously empty out in that last half hour.

Can’t imagine you having that much difficulty getting a seat come ko.

15 hours ago, Disco said:

Under Ashley the screens used to be so bad you’d need a pair of bins to see.

When I first went to shearers I thought it was amazing, all decked out in giant quality images of shearer, toon memorabilia everywhere, classy chrome finishes with nice clean tables. Then Ashley stripped it and  turned it into what looked like a giant bookies 

Shearers isnt that bad now, if you can get in and get a "booth" at the back up the stairs, you have your own TV and they are a load quicker at serving than what you get at Shark Club tbh.

Edited by patrone

21 hours ago, Wallsendmag said:

sonewhere I know of got caught about 12-18 months ago - £30k fine. It’s a working men’s club so there’s currently some ambiguity on who is liable as the steward / licensee are claiming they didn’t know it was being screened. 

we had a fundraiser to try and help them pay for the fine with Micky Quinn back in May was a canny night. 

I know lots of pubs have been warned off - the risks of showing it are getting too big for most against the reward when everyone has iptv and most of our games seem to be legally televised (in the UK) anyway these days .