St James' Park

Delima

13 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

As I also mentioned the cost would be stupid money and not viable 

Our owners just paid £750 million for a golfer and £75 million to host a boxing event, I don't think they are short of a few bob 

7 hours ago, Billy Warthog said:

Get the Arena site and build something similar to the SoFi Stadium... or maybe not...! I dunno. It's tricky as hell. 

Nah, I’d rather something like Spurs stadium, or the Lucas Oil Field. We’ll probably go for something like Atlanta’s though.

It’s pretty damning that the known whingers on Twatter who have season tickets, and hold non-season ticket holders with control are all against this.

Aye class, so it’s great for you to say to fans of other clubs that your club has a 52k stadium, and 35k waiting to get in, but you just don’t want to let any of those 35k in and keep skating them over things like the ballot etc which doesn’t even effect you.

Honestly though, as a former season ticket holders (over 2 different periods) and as a member, I want my email, and to have my say.

Not fair that they are asking people who already have a season ticket, but not asking their potential new season tickets holders who they would be increasing the capacity for.

Edited by Stifler

1 minute ago, r0cafella said:

Fundamentally, isn’t more seats for the average Joe and more seats for corporates a win win? I don’t quite understand the negativity to this aspect of it? 

This, but there is a little section of our current season ticket holders (by no means all, or even the majority) who are just wanting to bait non-season ticket holders.

8 minutes ago, Ben said:

Our owners just paid £750 million for a golfer and £75 million to host a boxing event, I don't think they are short of a few bob 

They're not but they're not stupid either by paying huge amounts when it's not needed. 

6 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

They're not but they're not stupid either by paying huge amounts when it's not needed. 

TBF I don't think it will ever come to that, everything is pointing towards a new stadium on leazers Park that kisses the current one 

38 minutes ago, Stifler said:

It’s pretty damning that the known whingers on Twatter who have season tickets, and hold non-season ticket holders with control are all against this.

Aye class, so it’s great for you to say to fans of other clubs that your club has a 52k stadium, and 35k waiting to get in, but you just don’t want to let any of those 35k in and keep skating them over things like the ballot etc which doesn’t even effect you.

Honestly though, as a former season ticket holders (over 2 different periods) and as a member, I want my email, and to have my say.

Not fair that they are asking people who already have a season ticket, but not asking their potential new season tickets holders who they would be increasing the capacity for.

The worst sort are the ones who say it's for "bandwagon jumpers" when a lot of the people trying to get back in were going long before they were old enough to go by themselves. 

Edited by Optimistic Nut

17 minutes ago, Stifler said:

I’m a former season ticket holder who’s been to nearly every game since takeover as a member and got the survey email

Not sure what the criteria is for being sent it, might just be random 

9 hours ago, Wallsendmag said:

If I'm being totally honest I've never been a fan of SJP since the extension in 2000. I've been unlucky enough to be put up in Level 7 three times so far this season and it's horrible. You just feel so detached from it all and there's more atmosphere on the moon. At the Chelsea game a dad and lad next to us trying to identify various landmarks from over the East Stand roof instead of watching the game. Says it all really.

Level 7 can actually work if you get the right people congregating up there, when it was the singing section it was magnificent 

Standing, singing, near away fans added some spice

Loved it up there. Agree it’s shite now though

Edited by bobbydazzla

6 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

The worst sort are the ones who say it's got "bandwagon jumpers" when a lot of the people trying to get back in were going long before they were old enough to go by themselves. 

Aye, like that Holly lass.

Calm down girl, I was going before your dad even shafted your mam.

16 minutes ago, bobbydazzla said:

Level 7 can actually work if you get the right people congregating up there, when it was the singing section it was magnificent 

Me and the boy were up there for the Villa game, atmosphere was great.

I would move if it meant I could get two season tickets together. Not sure what capacity would be needed for that to be easy, but I’m sure it’s more than is possible to add onto SJP. I’m thinking 75-80k?

For me there’s no real downside of moving if we stay in the city centre, the arena site seems ideal. Nice views for people arriving by train as well. 

Of course we’re attached to SJP but I would become attached to our new home as well. Being out of town would be the only disaster which would kill the matchday experience and the city economy. 

28 minutes ago, bobbydazzla said:

I’m a former season ticket holder who’s been to nearly every game since takeover as a member and got the survey email

Really? You've never mentioned it 

28 minutes ago, bobbydazzla said:

Not sure what the criteria is for being sent it, might just be random 

If it's random it's random through membership. No other reason. 

5 minutes ago, RS said:

People still think we’ll move?  10k on the Gallowgate end. Job done

It's not just about the extra seats to them. It's the type of areas they want. Would be easier moving completely.

2 minutes ago, RS said:

People still think we’ll move?  10k on the Gallowgate end. Job done

It won’t be, not now.

The East stand’s concourse is not fit for purpose.

If you are disabled and can’t do stairs, to get in the Gallowgate end you have to go round behind the East stand, and there is only 1 lift permanently in use to home fans if you want to get to level 4 or level 7.

They can’t add that much more corporate into SJP, and believe me there will be demand for it if we take off.

On top of this, an extra 10k seats is only a 3rd at best of the demand by members at the moment.

33 minutes ago, bobbydazzla said:

It was great up there, if you were up there like I was, but my dad sits in the Gallowgate and he reckoned you couldn't really hear us from there. Likewise you can't hear the Gallowgate from Level 7. I was up there v Chelsea last week and although you can clearly see the lads in the SE Corner going for it the noise just doesn't travel like it does in some stadiums. Honestly think, other than West Ham we have the worst ground for acoustics.

20 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

Really? You've never mentioned it 

If it's random it's random through membership. No other reason. 

Yawn 

Someone asked a question, I answered

Pipe down with the sarky digs, it got boring months ago 

Its cold, dark, I’m full of snot and your patter reeks 

Edited by bobbydazzla