Kazenga LuaLua et al

sempuki

Play him on Thursday :)

I'm not too sure that would be a good idea. As much as I would love to see him for the first team and think he could be an amazing talent we must not rush him or we could risk ruining him. I mean he was only 16 in December so there is no rush for him.

If your good enough, your old enough.

Is he good enough though? There is a BIG difference between playing in the U18's and Reserves to playing in the first team at any level. Not to mention he has only started in the Reserves twice.

He must be doing something right to make the bench ahead of lot or older more experienced acadamy and reserve youngsters. If he progresses and improves the way he is should be very very good player.

If we are winning 3-0 with 15 mins left I see no harm whatsoever in blooding him in the first team.

He has been getting on the bench in front of older players but consider that most of these other players will never play for the club and may only make it at League 1 level or below. He is a special talent and that is why we must not push him too fast, he is only just 16 and has plenty of time, I would say playing him against Waregem has the potential to do more harm than good. I mean what will he gain from playing 15 minutes? I would say not all that much and if anything it could be very negative if things go wrong for him on the night.

He is a special talent and should be nurtured. There is no need to take risks with him at this early stage.

Play against sami regulalrly

He is 14 going on 15 and is utter bollocks

Has one foot and is a pure lazy bastard

In the academy as a family connection

Guest smoggeordie

How special is special? Those who've seen this Lua Lua kid, how good is he then?

He's good, potentially going to be better than Lom

But anyone suggesting throwing a 16 year old kid into a vital European match is off their tits.

How special is special? Those who've seen this Lua Lua kid, how good is he then?

But anyone suggesting throwing a 16 year old kid into a vital European match is off their tits.

We're playing amateurs though...

Guest smoggeordie

We're playing European quality opposition, in a match potentially worth millions to the club.

We're playing European quality opposition, in a match potentially worth millions to the club.

They didn't look quality on Thursday, and I doubt they will next Thursday either.

Not saying we should consider this a given, or that we should start Kaz, but they are a really poor side and I can't see them scoring three times at SJP

Guest smoggeordie

They didn't look quality on Thursday, and I doubt they will next Thursday either.

Not saying we should consider this a given, or that we should start Kaz, but they are a really poor side and I can't see them scoring three times at SJP

They've tonked 4+ goals past decent opposition before. I agree they are a weak side, but they are no mugs.

They've tonked 4+ goals past decent opposition before. I agree they are a weak side, but they are no mugs.

When its the 80th minute of the game and we are leading by 2 goals then play Kazenga O0

When its the 80th minute of the game and we are leading by 2 goals then play Kazenga O0

if the manager thinks he's ready or do we hoy every kid witha few good games in the reserves in to the first team..............a good manager knows when to throw kids in,without being forced to by injuries,this was roeders strong thing at west ham.

There is absolutely no reason to play a 16 year old lad. We all hope he can be even 25% as good as Gazza or whatever comparisons people want to make of him, but lets not get carried away. As nice as it would be for him to get a run out and impress, i think we should let him develop more. If he is good enough his quality should shine through and he will get a run out next season.

if the manager thinks he's ready or do we hoy every kid witha few good games in the reserves in to the first team..............a good manager knows when to throw kids in,without being forced to by injuries,this was roeders strong thing at west ham.

It wasn't, the only well known player he handed a debut to at West Ham that I know of was Glen Johnson.

Carrick, Defoe and Cole all made their debuts under Harry Redknapp.

It wasn't, the only well known player he handed a debut to at West Ham that I know of was Glen Johnson.

Defoe only played so many games as well in that relegation season due to Di Canio and Kanoute's injuries.

Defoe only played so many games as well in that relegation season due to Di Canio and Kanoute's injuries.

Di Canio wasn't even injured that much, he fell out with Roeder over something so he refused to play him.

given their debuts under redknapp,given regular starts under roeder,joe cole,lampard and johnson all on record about this.

given their debuts under redknapp,given regular starts under roeder,joe cole,lampard and johnson all on record about this.

Lampard didn't even play for West Ham under Roeder.

Also Cole was one of the biggest young talents around at the time, you knew his name before he'd even played in the first team.

EDIT - Just had a look at Cole's record at West Ham...

99-00 West Ham 1 Goals, 22 Games 

00-01 West Ham 5 Goals, 30 Games 

Roeder didn't take charge until the 01-02 season had started.

Lampard didn't even play for West Ham under Roeder.

Also Cole was one of the biggest young talents around at the time, you knew his name before he'd even played in the first team.

EDIT - Just had a look at Cole's record at West Ham...

99-00 West Ham 1 Goals, 22 Games 

00-01 West Ham 5 Goals, 30 Games 

Roeder didn't take charge until the 01-02 season had started.

and they all blah on about the effect roeder had on them........................i may be confusing lampard with ferdinand.

Why didn't Lua Lua play yesterday?

Must be on the bench for thurs then, I notice Carroll didnt play either.

Actually, the Reserves play on Tuesday so I presume they will both be starting that game and that is why they were rested on Saturday.

Give him the final 10 minutes if we're in a comfortable position.

A taste of the big time like that will have him working his bollocks off in training.

It could go either way really. It could make him work his bollocks off or it could inflate his ego making him think he's some sort of wonderkid and set him back in terms of progress.

Is LuaLua ineligible for Europe?

Its just that Roeder has picked Troisi for bench duty in European games, whereas LuaLua has been selected for bench duty in domestic games only despite their being more spaces on the European bench.

Give him the final 10 minutes if we're in a comfortable position.

A taste of the big time like that will have him working his bollocks off in training.

It could go either way really. It could make him work his bollocks off or it could inflate his ego making him think he's some sort of wonderkid and set him back in terms of progress.

Getting compared to Gazza when he's 16 years old then getting 10 minutes in Europe might have the negative effect on him. If he's got anything about him he will work his bollocks off regardless and we should see a bit of him in the next season or two.