Luque starting tonight

Guest icemanblue

For fucks sake!!! Luque was a spainish international!!! I idmit he hasn't played anywere near as good as he should have, but face facts, He was injured 3 games after we signed him, He came back about 3-4 games before Roeder took over! And we all now how many games Luque has played under Roeder ??? Luque plays about 1 game a month as it stands.

Every footballer deserves a chance, why can't Luque get one?

See my last post. It's obvious that he isn't showing enough on a day to day basis to be deserving of a chance.

Training doesn't matter and neither does a strong daily work ethic.  Get with it, mate!

That's true.

I reckon quite a few members of this forum don't have much of a strong daily work ethic, (I don't want to be hurtful and mention names such as Alex, Wullie, Gejon and Gemmill) being as they're on this forum so often when they're supposed to be working.  ;)

I don't see the argmuent in him 'not looking too bothered', he's never going to be a player that screams and shouts and chases down every ball, and he never has been.

I still think the time Luque had every right to feel aggrieved was after the Palermo game. Roeder had virtually said beforehand that he had to score or show a considerable improvement in performance to save his Newcastle career - he did. Ofcourse, that wasn't enough for Glenn and he was immediately dropped from the side, consequently ending any remaining hope he had of reviving his career here.

That decision almost guarenteed we'd be paying him millions of pounds for doing absolutely nothing until his contract ran out: I still find it bemusing so many were happy with it.

So who would you drop for him?

You can't believe everything the manager says in the media, he's often going to say what it's expected he's going to say. I'm sure the reality isn't that he had or has to score a goal in any given game, it's a matter of him showing an improved attitude overall in his approach to being a part of the club. He hasn't and doesn't show any change in his s*** attitude, which is why he doesn't deserve a place in the side.

Yea some people dont understand that Roeder see's him everyday in training, From what i have seen of Luque he doesnt look like he gives a fuck.

I don't see the argmuent in him 'not looking too bothered', he's never going to be a player that screams and shouts and chases down every ball, and he never has been.

I still think the time Luque had every right to feel aggrieved was after the Palermo game. Roeder had virtually said beforehand that he had to score or show a considerable improvement in performance to save his Newcastle career - he did. Ofcourse, that wasn't enough for Glenn and he was immediately dropped from the side, consequently ending any remaining hope he had of reviving his career here.

That decision almost guarenteed we'd be paying him millions of pounds for doing absolutely nothing until his contract ran out: I still find it bemusing so many were happy with it.

N'Zogbia, Duff and even Rossi started in the following fixture ffs.

Personally i would (have) drop(ped) Duff. A player whose performances in a black & white shirt have been as poor, arguably worse, than the Spaniard's. He seems to be let off due to efforts for his previous clubs though, a courtesy not extended to Luque.

No. He probably shows a better attitude on a daily basis and comes across to the manager as though he gives a shit and wants to play for the club.

Those who are saying a goal or even a hat-trick would not prove anything are often the same people who say games like this are "a chance" for him to prove himself. You can't have it both ways.

If you're saying the opposition is too sh*te to judge him then why are you also saying it's his chance. A chance is something that can put you in contention for the first team, yet in all honesty I think it would take a hell of a performance for that to happen.

Whatever your opinion on Luque or any other players, they can only beat what's put in front of them. I can't remember the last time he started a league game anyway, but in the UEFA Cup this year he's done alright. Nowt special, but not bad either.

You can usually spot someone's agenda by the nature of their posts. When he took pretty much his only chance to give us a 1-0 win in Palermo, some people said the ball was planted on his head and he couldn't miss. If Van Nistelrooy scored that goal the same people would be talking about his great movement and ability to lose his man.

Any true Newcastle fan should be hoping for a good performance from Luque tonight. I don't understand and certainly don't respect fans who hope for their own players to mess up because of some childish player-bias.

N'Zogbia, Duff and even Rossi started in the following fixture ffs.

Personally i would (have) drop(ped) Duff. A player whose performances in a black & white shirt have been as poor, arguably worse, than the Spaniard's. He seems to be let off due to efforts for his previous clubs though, a courtesy not extended to Luque.

No. He probably shows a better attitude on a daily basis and comes across to the manager as though he gives a shit and wants to play for the club.

Is that all that should matter, then? To the extent where we have talentless little fat men like Pattison in the first team?

For fucks sake!!! Luque was a spainish international!!! I idmit he hasn't played anywere near as good as he should have, but face facts, He was injured 3 games after we signed him, He came back about 3-4 games before Roeder took over! And we all now how many games Luque has played under Roeder ??? Luque plays about 1 game a month as it stands.

See my last post. It's obvious that he isn't showing enough on a day to day basis to be deserving of a chance.

Training doesn't matter and neither does a strong daily work ethic.  Get with it, mate!

That's true.

I reckon quite a few members of this forum don't have much of a strong daily work ethic, (I don't want to be hurtful and mention names such as Alex, Wullie, Gejon and Gemmill) being as they're on this forum so often when they're supposed to be working;)

:lol:

Even if Luque has an amazing game and scores loads of goal doesn't suddenly turn him into a success here.

I hope I am wrong about Luque but I have been saying that since he's been at the club. No matter what he does tonight he still needs to do more to convince anyone.

If he plays well then great, but he needs to do it on a consistant basis and from what I have seen of him so far there is not much chance of this!

That's true.

I reckon quite a few members of this forum don't have much of a strong daily work ethic, (I don't want to be hurtful and mention names such as Alex, Wullie, Gejon and Gemmill) being as they're on this forum so often when they're supposed to be working.  ;)

Agreed :)

Am I the only one that thinks Luque was pretty shite vs Palermo? He scored a goal any player would have scored due to the quality of the cross and that was about it..

None of us have any idea how well or bad Luque does in training? I have a hard time beleiving Ameobi, Carr, Babayaro or Ramage can be any better then Luque in training! But even they get a run of games!

There is also a difference in training and playing a football match. I bet if Parker lacked as much "match fitness" as Luque does, he whould...

That's true.

Agreed :)

Am I the only one that thinks Luque was pretty shite vs Palermo? He scored a goal any player would have scored due to the quality of the cross and that was about it..

He played up front, his job was to try get a goal and that's what he did.

How many great games does Michael Owen have, not many, but he still scores a lot and that's what a striker is there to do.

Its not as if it was great work by Luque to score the goal though, people like Owen make the goals or have the ability to be clinical when given a chance. Luque played shite and was lucky Milner but in such a fantastic cross all he had to do was let it hit his head :lol:

Luque most likely wont play well tonight. No different to Shearer under Gullitt, if a player is treated like shit by his manager, and hes suffering from bad form and a confidence crisis at the same time, its nailed on that the player isnt going to put in a good shift, no matter who the opposition are.

Some the posts here are just pure shit!

Luque is a NUFC player for now,we are paying his wages and  its his job to play for us, FACT!

I can't understand People wishing him to do bad,Its still OUR team he is playing in,and its OUR gain if he somehow gets his deportivo form back..or atleast a bit of it. And for that people should atleast hope he does well tonight..

Some the posts here are just pure shit!

Luque is a NUFC player for now,we are paying his wages and  its his job to play for us, FACT!

I can't understand People wishing him to do bad,Its still OUR team he is playing in,and its OUR gain if he somehow gets his deportivo form back..or atleast a bit of it. And for that people should atleast hope he does well tonight..

Hook, line and sinker!

Some the posts here are just pure s***!

Hook, line and sinker!

lol looks like your caught a minnow

None of us have any idea how well or bad Luque does in training? I have a hard time beleiving Ameobi, Carr, Babayaro or Ramage can be any better then Luque in training! But even they get a run of games!

There is also a difference in training and playing a football match. I bet if Parker lacked as much "match fitness" as Luque does, he whould...

Even Ameobi is better than Luque, though. So, despite being nowhere near a Premiership striker, Ameobi should get a game before Luque (if both are fit) in the absence of a decent player.

"It's obvious that he isn't showing enough on a day to day basis to be deserving of a chance."

And 2 simple questions- How do you know this for a fact?

Is there any chance that Roeder just doesent like the guy?

That's true.

That 'spot the irony' comment must have cut you to the bone :lol:

Guest Gemmill

"It's obvious that he isn't showing enough on a day to day basis to be deserving of a chance."

Seriously, what is it going to take for people to give up on this arsehole?  Have you seen the lad play?  He's fucking shite man, and his attitude is deplorable.  How many times does he have to prove that he's crap before it sinks in?

Seriously, what is it going to take for people to give up on this arsehole?  Have you seen the lad play?  He's fucking shite man, and his attitude is deplorable.  How many times does he have to prove that he's crap before it sinks in?

But he hasn't had a run of games etc.....