Luque starting tonight

Guest icemanblue

I am amazed at some people's attitudes towards Luque.  How people can criticise him given his superb youtube history added to the passionate and consistent performances he has put in while he has been here - quite franky astounds me.  The pace, guile, physical effort and overall contribution to games makes Steven Gerrard look like a Sunday League player.

Luque for captain! :crazy2:

Thats the thing, he never dissapoints on you-tube..

I saw a one last week and my oh my, he is on form. How he doesnt get into the starting line up is a mystery to man.

Luque hasnt played 3 games in a row since Roeder took over

If Martins had played the same games as Luque and he looks poor in these games people probably will say the same things they say about Luque

Roeder dont like Luque as a player and never gave him a chance

Luque hasnt played 3 games in a row since Roeder took over

If Martins had played the same games as Luque and he looks poor in these games people probably will say the same things they say about Luque

Roeder dont like Luque as a player and never gave him a chance

Doubt it, Martins workrate and commitment has never been an issue making the comparison ridiculous.

Luque doesn't look too bothered in the games he has played though, Martins has!

Robert looked the same way but he was class

When he felt like it, which was/is more than Luque. 

Robert has played about 130 games for Newcastle and Luque about 20

Roeder never gave him a chance

You answered your own question there tbh.

When he felt like it, which was/is more than Luque. 

Robert has played about 130 games for Newcastle and Luque about 20

Roeder never gave him a chance

Well, I suppose Robert showed more desire and talent in his first 20 games than Luque has. No?  Wouldn't that be the reason he's played 110 more games than the lazy Spaniard? ;)

Guest newcastle4life

If Lugue doesnt have an excellent game tonight then thats it because our opposition are poor and Roeder wont give hime another chance hope he does well and scores even that might not be enough.

I don't see the argmuent in him 'not looking too bothered', he's never going to be a player that screams and shouts and chases down every ball, and he never has been.

I still think the time Luque had every right to feel aggrieved was after the Palermo game. Roeder had virtually said beforehand that he had to score or show a considerable improvement in performance to save his Newcastle career - he did. Ofcourse, that wasn't enough for Glenn and he was immediately dropped from the side, consequently ending any remaining hope he had of reviving his career here.

That decision almost guarenteed we'd be paying him millions of pounds for doing absolutely nothing until his contract ran out: I still find it bemusing so many were happy with it.

No he didn't. That's a load of bollocks, tbh.

Yes he did and you are talking bollocks

I don't see the argmuent in him 'not looking too bothered', he's never going to be a player that screams and shouts and chases down every ball, and he never has been.

I still think the time Luque had every right to feel aggrieved was after the Palermo game. Roeder had virtually said beforehand that he had to score or show a considerable improvement in performance to save his Newcastle career - he did. Ofcourse, that wasn't enough for Glenn and he was immediately dropped from the side, consequently ending any remaining hope he had of reviving his career here.

That decision almost guarenteed we'd be paying him millions of pounds for doing absolutely nothing until his contract ran out: I still find it bemusing so many were happy with it.

So who would you drop for him?

No he didn't. That's a load of bollocks, tbh.

Yes he did and you are talking bollocks

Where's the "na na ni na na" and the tongue?

For fucks sake!!! Luque was a spainish international!!! I idmit he hasn't played anywere near as good as he should have, but face facts, He was injured 3 games after we signed him, He came back about 3-4 games before Roeder took over! And we all now how many games Luque has played under Roeder ??? Luque plays about 1 game a month as it stands.

Every footballer deserves a chance, why can't Luque get one?

You can't believe everything the manager says in the media, he's often going to say what it's expected he's going to say. I'm sure the reality isn't that he had or has to score a goal in any given game, it's a matter of him showing an improved attitude overall in his approach to being a part of the club. He hasn't and doesn't show any change in his shit attitude, which is why he doesn't deserve a place in the side.

For fucks sake!!! Luque was a spainish international!!! I idmit he hasn't played anywere near as good as he should have, but face facts, He was injured 3 games after we signed him, He came back about 3-4 games before Roeder took over! And we all now how many games Luque has played under Roeder ??? Luque plays about 1 game a month as it stands.

See my last post. It's obvious that he isn't showing enough on a day to day basis to be deserving of a chance.

See my last post. It's obvious that he isn't showing enough on a day to day basis to be deserving of a chance.

Training doesn't matter and neither does a strong daily work ethic.  Get with it, mate!

N'Zogbia, Duff and even Rossi started in the following fixture ffs.

Personally i would (have) drop(ped) Duff. A player whose performances in a black & white shirt have been as poor, arguably worse, than the Spaniard's. He seems to be let off due to efforts for his previous clubs though, a courtesy not extended to Luque.